• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC variant on parking pass - worst reception ever

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
just checked in - there are 4 people working in the "reception area". get checked in at the front desk and am given the key packet BUT NO ROOM NUMBER.

we have to get the room number with the welcome packet.

another couple already in the snares to arrange their owner update. go back to the front desk for the room number/keys - WON'T GIVE IT ME.

The "Front desk supervisor" goes over and says something to the "parking pass" gal, she then the "parking pass gal" starts in on us that she is the only one working that desk - and I tell her I just want my room number. She then proceeds to tell me they have a process, I tell her that I just want my room number, and then she proceeds to yell at us that we are yelling at her ! All the while the "supervisor" is standing there, doing nothing.

The worst reception ever. 3 people doing nothing, and not one is can give me my room number.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prior to checkin at Royal Garden at Waikiki, I was thinking it'll be smooth, I don't need a parking pass, that's when I was first directed to the reception desk for my room access. At San Diego and NY that thought didn't enter my mind.

The sad reality is that in most situations, timeshares are sold not bought. That is how the system survives.

I'm always pleasant at the reception desk, not hard to do if it's an attractive female. It's has been my impression that they don't even know what really happens when the prospect attends the update. I just tell them that no matter what they offer I will not attend the update and that it's no reflection them, it's my policy at every Wyndham.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I would be on the cell phone on Trip Advisor with a review right there and let them know that is what I am doing! If they have a Facebook page I would be on that as well! I would start getting very LOUD!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
just checked in - there are 4 people working in the "reception area". get checked in at the front desk and am given the key packet BUT NO ROOM NUMBER.

we have to get the room number with the welcome packet.

another couple already in the snares to arrange their owner update. go back to the front desk for the room number/keys - WON'T GIVE IT ME.
, I tell her that I just want my room number, and then she proceeds to yell at us that we are yelling at her ! All the while the "supervisor" is standing there, doing nothing.

The worst reception ever. 3 people doing nothing, and not one is can give me my room number.

They must have learned from Con-Ed . The old - One person digging the hole in the NYC road and 6 ( or is it 9 ? ) " supervisors " watching .

I think Letterman made a living doing jokes about it .