• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Autopay of MF with Wyndham Rewards Visa

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I generally autopay by ACH debit. I thought it was possible to autopay by credit card as well (this is different than in WorldMark in which I thought autopay was only ACH). Anyone know if this is true, or is the only way to autopay by credit card is with the branded CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I auto pay with my Chase SW Rewards card. I use whatever card is in need of use. I've used AMEX in the past. I think any card will work.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just login to your account on the my MyClubWyndham and site. Under "My membership" select "Financial services" and then "Payments". Then you should see a big green button in the middle of the page that's for enrolling or updating in Auto-pay. Click that and you should be able to use the page form to enter your credit card information.

As you can see in the picture below, you can use your credit card to pay both the fees and the mortgage. You can even buy a Perks membership if you want that.

You should always be careful to check back on any changes you make as there are nasty fees if an expected payment doesn't go through.

Here's what the set up page looks like.

2016-08-28_11-58-37_zpsrlkyigqj.png

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have that branded card and I haven't for the life of me figured out how to use my rewards to pay the MF. I can pay the MF with the card, but then the rewards just sit there. The hyperlink goes over to a Wyndham Rewards site but that has zero to do with the rewards on the credit card.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I have that branded card and I haven't for the life of me figured out how to use my rewards to pay the MF. I can pay the MF with the card, but then the rewards just sit there. The hyperlink goes over to a Wyndham Rewards site but that has zero to do with the rewards on the credit card.

I am somewhat in the same boat in that my first thought was to pay MF with the rewards points on my card. But......

At least for me, I've found greater use for those points in either free or reduced hotel stays (see the Go Fast or Go Free promotions on the Wyndham Rewards website). Just wanted to mention this in case you had not considered it...

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
credit card website

I long-ago cancelled my Wyndham Barclay Bank credit card, but I did use the earned rewards to help pay my MF a couple of times. I think, if you go to your branded credit card online account, an option for using your rewards will be to pay MF. The exchange is 10,000 reward points will pay $60 of your MF. That is the reason I cancelled the card. I can get $100 for 10,000 points on most other credit cards. I'd rather do this and pay my MF.

Last edited:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score

Okay...the rewards points you earn by using the Barclay Bank Wyndham credit card should be reflected in your points balance when you log in at the Wyndham Rewards site. If they do not; then there must be a problem with the credit card being associated with one Rewards account while you have a different Wyndham Rewards account obtained at a different time.

When I first got my Barkley Wyndham credit card I had a problem because I had an old Rewards account that they could not connect with the card and I had to use up my Rewards points in the old account and then just log in using the a Rewards account number associated with my credit card.

So look at your credit card and see if the Rewards account number (the number embossed below your name on the card) is the same as the Rewards account you are finding no association with.

When you are logged in to the correct account, you should see your total points in the top right corner of the page. You can click on your account number at the top right to get a page with your account details. Here the section from mine that shows the points gained from hotel stays, special promotions and "Barclays Spend" and "Barclays Earning", which is points from the credit card.

1c621d5d-016e-40c3-9bc9-0dafe1b8bd16_zpsdfrnayhc.png

After you are in your correct Reward's page and have enough points to send to pay Wyndham fees, look for the Redeem button near the top of the page. Click Redeem and scroll to the bottom of the next page to find this second "Redeem" button:
f56a0d5a-73f2-47eb-801d-23992afeb5b8_zpsnyvm8n7s.png

Ha ha! :clap: That Redeem button will take you to a page where you can select your next "Redeem" button. I haven't done it, but I think this page is the one you need right there the very first Redeem button:

2016-08-29_21-32-42_zpsqh10yqap.png

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll have to take a look at this. I think that they are trying to link it to the correct username. I think that the rate of return is so stinky that I am going to look for a better percentage, though.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll have to take a look at this. I think that they are trying to link it to the correct username. I think that the rate of return is so stinky that I am going to look for a better percentage, though.

We are very happy with a Capital One Venture card. It pays two poinst (2 cents) for every dollar charged. The points can be used to cover any travel expenses charged to the card, including our Wyndham maintenance fees. We use the card to autopay the fees and then it is very easy to log into the card website and apply earned points to recently paid maintenance fees.

Last edited:

elleny76

Reaction score
No.. I am using capital one

I generally autopay by ACH debit. I thought it was possible to autopay by credit card as well (this is different than in WorldMark in which I thought autopay was only ACH). Anyone know if this is true, or is the only way to autopay by credit card is with the branded CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all, especially Cheryl for laying out the screen shots.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally have this linked up properly. Other than paying MF they do have the offer for the RCI exchange certificate for 30,000 points which is a better deal than $180.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Chase Sapphire Ultimate Rewards

I use Chase Sapphire Ultimate rewards. They give you 2 points per $ spent. Each point is worth about 1.5-1.7 cents. I use for both Wyndham and WorldMark accounts and all count as travel related charges.

Citi prestige is pretty good also... They give you 3 Thank You Points per $ spent on Travel, they are not as flexible as Ultimate Rewards and only have a value of 1 cent per point unless getting air travel through them then they are worth about 1.3 cent a point.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally have this linked up properly. Other than paying MF they do have the offer for the RCI exchange certificate for 30,000 points which is a better deal than $180.
After making any changes to your account payments please watch it closely to make sure no payments are late or skipped because of the change. I've read that Wyndham is very unforgiving and the late fees sting.

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used our Wyndham rewards points for a couple of extra nights at Wyndham Rio Mar last winter. It was 15000 points per night. I think the room would have been $250. Staying at Wyndham Grand Hotels seems to me to be the best deal for the points.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used our Wyndham rewards points for a couple of extra nights at Wyndham Rio Mar last winter. It was 15000 points per night. I think the room would have been $250. Staying at Wyndham Grand Hotels seems to me to be the best deal for the points.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

There is much better value than that.