• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smugglers' Notch 3 bedroom types

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
I am a little confused about the 3 bedrooms at Smugglers' Notch. I'm trying to book a trip for next summer and would like to make sure I get the best available unit. When I perform a search I find a 3 bedroom deluxe, a 3 bedroom suite and sometimes the presidential units (which I'm not interested in due to the number of points required). When I look up the unit information on the website I see 3 bedroom, 3 bedroom plus, 3 bedroom suite and the presidential.

Two questions for my fellow Tuggers:
1. Are the 3 bedroom plus and 3 bedroom deluxe the same? If not, what is the difference, and why doesn't the deluxe show up in the unit descriptions?
2. What are your recommendations for a 3 bedroom?

If you think the presidential unit is worth it then please let me know why. I'll be going with my wife and kids, and we will not spend much time inside the unit, and we wouldn't appreciate the upgraded finishes that a presidential might offer. Thanks!

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 3 bedroom suites are at the Kestrels building. This is a new building taken over by Wyndham. According to the resort Wyndham had renovated the units recently . (paint , fresh carpet, etc. ) . Call the resort . They will let you know what units are better. They did recommend Kestrels( the only 3 bedroom suite) over the 3 bedroom plus . I think Kestrels are also located away from the activities. The 3 bedroom deluxe are located in several buildings. Some ,I heard are not in the best condition.

Last edited:

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
Thank you for your input. This is our first trip to Smugglers' - we're looking forward to it but there's so much to think about when planning your stay there!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The Kestrels are really nice and located in the North Hill section. Being in North Hill requires most people to take a shuttle, drive or rent a golf cart to the main village and activities, but so do West Hill and Highland Hill areas.

The deluxe units are in Sycamores (West Hill) and Aspens (Highland area)and Tamaracks (North Hill). They are nice, but a step down from Kestrels. Tamaracks are the newest of the deluxe units but virtually the same layout as Sycamores and Aspens.

I do not know what the 3 bedroom plus's are- maybe the other similar buildings to Kestrels that are non Wyndham. Ask the resort.

You would be fine in any of the above. We own a summer week in Sycamores.

I really don't see the need for the Presidentials (Owls on North Hill- the very top of North Hill!).

The oldest buildings are in the village. Some are nice; some are privately owned so vary.

Summer is a lot of fun there and in Vermont in general. Enjoy!

Last edited: