• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Updates: Best offers in 2016?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our first offer (yet stinky):

They asked if we would like to drive 90 minutes, sit through a 2 hour presentation, then drive 90 minutes home for $100 gift card. :ignore:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
A slight bit off course....

I was offered 2000 points (Worldmark) for an owner update at Camden in SEA.

The kicker: 90 mins or less (actual under 1 hour), breakfast (not much) and 2000 points--solo, wife not accompanying.

It was a good score for the points. BTW, 45 mins of the presentation was a nice audio-visual Q and A session with a very experienced rep. More info, less sales.

ron_jacobson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Wyndham Nashville

Wife and I checked in Saturday 10/1. Front desk person could not have been nicer. Then the hand off to sales staff. Small talk the said 50th anniversary we could pick a card out of a drum to win between 50 to $1000 but you don't know until you go to breakfast.

I was polite and said no thanks which they wanted to know why... I said I don't want the agrivation and I was on vacation to relax and my time was important. The sales guy was not happy but too bad.

We had 2 calls today asking if we would do an in room interview. Once again no.

:banana::shrug:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I get this call today (as new owners for my 2nd contract with no clue about the first contract.)

They are calling us Platinum. Why? I have no idea.

Their offer: 2 nights FLL Palm-Aire with 120 minute sales presentation. Then a 4 night 5 day cruise out of Miami on Norwegian. They will cover the port fees and give us a beverage package for $549.

???

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
.??

So I get this call today (as new owners for my 2nd contract with no clue about the first contract.)

They are calling us Platinum. Why? I have no idea.

Their offer: 2 nights FLL Palm-Aire with 120 minute sales presentation. Then a 4 night 5 day cruise out of Miami on Norwegian. They will cover the port fees and give us a beverage package for $549.

???

Because now you are curious as to what they mean. Just another come on to get you to an update.

bondy3

Reaction score
going to go to a presentation at the Camden in Seattle on saturday,

we are getting $98.87 off a pair of tickets (that number is based off the fact that tickets cost 248.87 /w tax and we got them for $150) to Tiatro Zinzani, we were going to go anyways and would have paid full price so we consider that to be the same as cash. We are also getting 'a week with minimal fees at a great location, to be disclosed after the presentaiton' but I am not putting any value on that because im sure the minimal fees will cost more than the week itself would have

Last edited:

GVeitengruber

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm a contender for best presentation prize for the year. We were at Beachwoods and arrived just before the hurricane did. I agreed to go to a presentation because I secretly wanted to see a 3 bedroom because one was being offered on here :)

The initial offer was $50 and a free weekend at another resort. I said ok b/c seeing the 3 bedroom was the goal. When my presentation time hit, the resort was stuck with coastal water flooding on the highways and only 1 of 4 presenters that came to work. They asked if I would mind coming back in two hours for an extra $100.... sure, time for breakfast. We come back in two hours and they ask if we'd come back the next day for an extra hundred. I said no, so they grabbed a presenter who told me of their bind and asked if we could skip the presentation and just meet up tomorrow for the 3 bedroom tour and a quick review of their sampler package... sure! As a thank you they threw in the extra $100.

So $250 and a free weekend for what turned out to be a 15 minute presentation with 2 false starts.... thank you Beachwoods!

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm a contender for best presentation prize for the year. We were at Beachwoods and arrived just before the hurricane did. I agreed to go to a presentation because I secretly wanted to see a 3 bedroom because one was being offered on here :)

The initial offer was $50 and a free weekend at another resort. I said ok b/c seeing the 3 bedroom was the goal. When my presentation time hit, the resort was stuck with coastal water flooding on the highways and only 1 of 4 presenters that came to work. They asked if I would mind coming back in two hours for an extra $100.... sure, time for breakfast. We come back in two hours and they ask if we'd come back the next day for an extra hundred. I said no, so they grabbed a presenter who told me of their bind and asked if we could skip the presentation and just meet up tomorrow for the 3 bedroom tour and a quick review of their sampler package... sure! As a thank you they threw in the extra $100.

So $250 and a free weekend for what turned out to be a 15 minute presentation with 2 false starts.... thank you Beachwoods!

Very nice. Wish the ones I went to was only 15 minutes. I still really like the Endless Vacation Certificate. You just have to be really flexible. My first one got me a full 7 nights at Wyndham Flagstaff in a 2 bedroom with $0 out of pocket. Best price I could find on Airbnb was $1,152 for that stay. Not too bad for 90 minutes.

Really wish I could find people selling those certificates on eBay since they are pretty limited and most people hate them.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Endless Certificate I have cost me $249 to book at an available resort. Have not been able to use as the time frame is off season

bondy3

Reaction score
Very nice. Wish the ones I went to was only 15 minutes. I still really like the Endless Vacation Certificate. You just have to be really flexible. My first one got me a full 7 nights at Wyndham Flagstaff in a 2 bedroom with $0 out of pocket. Best price I could find on Airbnb was $1,152 for that stay. Not too bad for 90 minutes.

Really wish I could find people selling those certificates on eBay since they are pretty limited and most people hate them.

what do you think they are worth? I bought one for $100 thinking I would make good use out of it and it just ended up sitting.

Last edited:

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
what do you think they are worth? I bought one for $100 thinking I would make good use out of it and it just ended up sitting.

Heck yeah, if I saw one for $100 I would jump at it.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I just got another call with a 50th offer.

4 days/ 3 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids under 18, and another 2 adults over 28 for $229. I ask which of my children I should leave home so he extends my offer to 4 adults and 4 children. My husband and I will go to Owner's update and receive either $150 or $175 AmEx card and the other adults go to a straight on presentation. It isn't as though anyone is going to buy anything from them.

Thumbs up or thumbs down?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I just got another call with a 50th offer.

4 days/ 3 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids under 18, and another 2 adults over 28 for $229. I ask which of my children I should leave home so he extends my offer to 4 adults and 4 children. My husband and I will go to Owner's update and receive either $150 or $175 AmEx card and the other adults go to a straight on presentation. It isn't as though anyone is going to buy anything from them.

Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Whats the property? Assuming it would be at least a 3 bedroom.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whats the property? Assuming it would be at least a 3 bedroom.

Choice of 12 properties. I could switch. He threw out WBC, Destin, Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg, Smoky Mountains.

This is the blurb in the email:

Here's what's included in your Vacation Getaway to Myrtle Beach: • 4 days and 3 nights in a hotel (two rooms) in Myrtle Beach rated 3 stars or higher which can sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children (under age 18) in each room. For more details on accommodations please visit our website at WyndhamTrips.com/details • A "Spend A Night on Us" rebate coupon worth up to $100.00 for a one-night stay at a Wyndham Hotel Group Brand Hotel. Full details and redemption instructions are provided on the enclosed rebate coupon. • Plus, you will receive a $150 American Express® branded prepaid Reward Card (distribution may be spread over multiple cards) for purchases virtually anywhere American Express is accepted. The card is valid for at least 3 months from date received. It is not redeemable for cash. Please see card for additional information.

Hmm. It sounds more like hotel room. I don't need to get stuck in a HoJo's. How do they determine how many stars it has?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Choice of 12 properties. I could switch. He threw out WBC, Destin, Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg, Smoky Mountains.

This is the blurb in the email:

Here's what's included in your Vacation Getaway to Myrtle Beach: • 4 days and 3 nights in a hotel (two rooms) in Myrtle Beach rated 3 stars or higher which can sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children (under age 18) in each room. For more details on accommodations please visit our website at WyndhamTrips.com/details • A "Spend A Night on Us" rebate coupon worth up to $100.00 for a one-night stay at a Wyndham Hotel Group Brand Hotel. Full details and redemption instructions are provided on the enclosed rebate coupon. • Plus, you will receive a $150 American Express® branded prepaid Reward Card (distribution may be spread over multiple cards) for purchases virtually anywhere American Express is accepted. The card is valid for at least 3 months from date received. It is not redeemable for cash. Please see card for additional information.

Hmm. It sounds more like hotel room. I don't need to get stuck in a HoJo's. How do they determine how many stars it has?

Yeah others have commented in the past about doing these kind of "deals" and ending up in a nearby hotel room near the actual resort. I would be careful and make sure you get in at least an email from Wyndham saying you were staying at the actual timeshare property.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah others have commented in the past about doing these kind of "deals" and ending up in a nearby hotel room near the actual resort. I would be careful and make sure you get in at least an email from Wyndham saying you were staying at the actual timeshare property.

I got the list. If I bring the qualified guests AKA inlaws, we will get a 2 bedroom Wyndham TS property in: Myrtle Beach, WBC, Williamsburg, Destin, Nashville, New Orleans, Oceanside, Poconos, Smoky Mtns, Branson, or San Antonio. It will be 2 1bdrm in Panama City Beach, and 2 hotel rooms in: Alexandria, Daytona Beach, San Diego, San Franscisco, Las Vegas, or Wisconsin Dells.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
We did Governors Green back in August. Like the other commenter mentioned, I to got the "Free week" and $30 dining certificate. We ordered from a place that sold pizza and wine by the bottle. My mom signed us up for it, as I was not there for check in. I love my mom, but that is the last time I let her get the parking pass. The least she could have done is held out for the Amex GC. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry1229

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA

I have one if you're interested. Book by expiration is 7/9/17