• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free - Westgate Towers Kissimmee, FL

Boogtjb

Reaction score
My family no longer uses this timeshare and no longer has an interest in paying the ongoing maintenance fee ($500 every other year). I am just looking to transfer ownership. Maintenance fees are fully paid through 2014. The 2013 week is already banked and available for use any time prior to January 11, 2015.

I own week 1 of each odd year at Westgate Towers located in Orlando, Florida. This luxurious one bedroom deluxe unit sleeps 4 people comfortably and offers you all the comforts of a fully furnished home. The property is located just minutes away from world-class theme parks, all of the Orlando area attractions and an abundance of family friendly restaurants and shops. There are three heated outdoor pools, three hot tubs, a children's wading pool, exercise facilities, barbeque and picnic areas, playground, restaurant, attractions ticket desk and so much more!!

Let me know if you have interest!

Boogtjb

Reaction score
how much is the maintanance fee?

The maintenance fee is $500 every other year. I would pay your 2015 maintenance fee. Your first maintenance payment would be due in 2017. You would be able to take 2 seven day vacations (the 2013 week and the 2015 week) prior to your first $500 maintenance payment being due in 2017.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The maintenance fee is $500 every other year. I would pay your 2015 maintenance fee. Your first maintenance payment would be due in 2017. You would be able to take 2 seven day vacations (the 2013 week and the 2015 week) prior to your first $500 maintenance payment being due in 2017.

How does the usage for 2013 work since we are already in 2014?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a mortgage on this property ?

Boogtjb

Reaction score
How does the usage for 2013 work since we are already in 2014?

The 2013 week has been deposited with Interval International and can be used (at home resort or any Interval International member resort) anytime prior to January 1, 2015.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 2013 week has been deposited with Interval International and can be used (at home resort or any Interval International member resort) anytime prior to January 1, 2015.

That makes sense but the details need to be clarified. It sounded like it was internally banked or could be used for 2014/15. With II it is subject to availability. Are you saying that you would control the deposit at the request of the taker and eat the exchange and GC expense? Or would II transfer the deposit in which case the taker would control and pay the fees?

Boogtjb

Reaction score
That makes sense but the details need to be clarified. It sounded like it was internally banked or could be used for 2014/15. With II it is subject to availability. Are you saying that you would control the deposit at the request of the taker and eat the exchange and GC expense? Or would II transfer the deposit in which case the taker would control and pay the fees?

I will control the deposit at the request of the taker and eat the exchange and guest certificate expense.