• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MROP Annual Red Week -- FREE

w879jr1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am offering to give away my MROP annual red week membership, which can be used for any of more than 40 MROP resort locations in the US. The choice of resorts can be extended, for a low exchange fee, by swapping a week on hold for any available in the VRI*ety exchange system. Of course a week can also be exchanged through all other exchange companies.

There are no fees (maintenance or special assessments) owing on the membership. I will pay the administrative transfer fee. As this is a right-to-use system, and not a deeded week, there are no other transfer costs involved.

Your use of the membership will begin in 2015, for which the maintenance fee will be billed in October 2014. The last fee charged was $708 and it should be a similar amount this time round.

I have just returned from a great week at the Outer Banks Beach Club which is one of the MROP locations I have used more than one time. This membership is great if you, as I did, want to vacation at many different resorts (without exchange system costs) and to visit as much of the USA as possible.

Besides the Outer Banks Beach Club in Kill Devil Hills, the places in the MROP list that I have stayed at are St. George, Port Townsend, Island Park, Pend Oreille, Punta Gorda, and Corpus Christi. I have also exchanged through VRI*ety to excellent resorts in Lake Tahoe and Lincoln (New Hampshire).

I hope that a new owner of the week would enjoy the experiences as much as I did.

2goofykiddos

Reaction score
How many RCI points can it be traded for and when would they be available.

Also can it be deeded back?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few years back I owned a Red MROP Week specifically for their Resorts in Jackson Hole. They weren't luxury by any means but they were ok and they were in Jackson Hole. Every year I would request a Jackson Hole Week. Some years I would use it and some years deposit it with RCI where I got good trades for it.

George

PS I don't remember when I sold my MROP Week, but I do remember all I had to do was sign a form provided by MROP transferring my Ownership to the guy I sold it to. It was simple.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
MROP is a membership in the group. It isn't deeded to a specific unit or resort. The transfer of ownership is only to change the name on the membership roster. When I gave away my MROP membership last year it was easy to do. They handled it all for me.

Dave

w879jr1

TUG Member
Reaction score
More about MROP

How the MROP system works.

On behalf of its members MROP owns weeks at a number of resorts in the USA and Mexico. It collects maintenance fees from members but individuals do not own any weeks themselves. Therefore there is no deed to a property.

Members can reserve a week at a specific resort, subject to availability, usually no earlier than 18 months in advance. This is done by telephoning MROP reservations, and when a reservation is confirmed the week is “owned” by the member.

The “owned” week can then be used or be exchanged normally as with any timeshare week.

My own experience of the MROP system

I am unable to answer some of the questions posed in this thread, and private messages, because I do not have personal experience of all types of week exchange systems. However, I have been a satisfied member of the MROP.

In the main I have always acquired a week that I have used or exchanged satisfactorily. It is difficult to get into resorts where MROP own only a small number of weeks, so I have had to live without staying at Capri by the Sea in San Diego, for example, where only 32 weeks are available to us.

I have obtained great, good value, exchanges through the VRI*ety system, which is operated by Trading Places International, and through DialAnExchange. I have never used RCI or II, but have heard that good trades are possible. I guess exchange value is associated with the specific resort week reserved rather than with MROP per se.

For further information, may I suggest

www.multi-resorts.com for resort locations and www.vriresorts.com for more about the low cost exchanges possible.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shhh. Don't tell anybody. I LIKE being able to book into Maui for a MF under $800.

Jim

w879jr1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mexico resorts priority

This give-away offer is still available. I forgot to say that this membership has scheduling priority to the MROP resorts in Mexico, (Mar Azul in Acapulco, Conchas Chinas and Playas Gemelas in Puerto Vallarta, Coral Mar in Cancun and La Paloma Rosarito Beach in Baja).

Reservations can be made for these resorts 20 months in advance, rather than the normal time of 18 months.

Thanks for your note about Maui, Passepartout. I might take up this tip if need be. When is the best time to go for the optimum weather and less crowding?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your note about Maui, Passepartout. I might take up this tip if need be. When is the best time to go for the optimum weather and less crowding?

I wish you hadn't mentioned the Mexico priority (just kidding). Weather in Maui is always perfect, but the whales, turtles, (and crowds) frolic Dec-March.

Jim

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish you hadn't mentioned the Mexico priority (just kidding). Weather in Maui is always perfect, but the whales, turtles, (and crowds) frolic Dec-March.

Jim

w879jr1,
Passepartout is spot on - the weather in Maui always perfect! Also, for "fewer" crowds, we've always enjoyed going in May, September, October, or November. Good luck with your give-away and Happy travels! CJ

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
Interested in MROP

Hi I'm interested in this Red season MROP membership. I don't want a rotating one. Would love to discuss this by phone.