• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cape Cod TS owners

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I also read that Bluegreen is also do a major renovation at the Soundings Seaside in Dennisport. I started to look into Bluegreen, but there was too much to read and there are definitely differences between resale points and developer points and there is only one "authorized" reseller.... Way too much information, thought my head was going to explode. The resort is right on the water in Dennisport.

Resale and developer points are used to reserve time at the resorts in the same manner at 11 months out from check-in.

One of the big differences between the two is that if you are a resale owner, you can only reserve bonus time at the resort where u r deeded.
I have owned for 3 years and have never used bonus time (booking for cash 45 days out) so this would not be a problem for me. If you did want to use bonus time at a particular resort, you would just make sure to buy your resale deeded at that resort.

It is a lot of information but once mastered, it is a very user friendly system.:hi: that does not nickel and dime the owners with fees.

The resorts on the cape have been renovated and are very nice (friend stayed there this past year)

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Whether you like being on the beach or not, there is no doubt that beachfront trading power will be higher.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whether you like being on the beach or not, there is no doubt that beachfront trading power will be higher.

Summer School weeks on the Cape are about as good as it gets TP wise. Beach front or inland which is never far from a beach.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
We own three weeks at Brewster Green 22, 23 and 24 because with 7 grandchildren in MA, graduation is always week 22, so it has worked out for us. We bought them all through Michele who works in the BG office. We found it very easy to work with her and the staff at BG. For several years we traded to the Cape, but we were never able to get BG in the summer. After going to BG and looking at the property, we decided that it was the timeshare for us. Our Marriott timeshares have decreased in value but not our BG. If we were to buy again on the Cape, it would be at BG. The weeks that Michele has available are not on line, so worth a call, if she doesn't have what you want she will call you when she does. BG is a well run timeshare. Excellent manager and staff. There is week 26 available on TUG. Good luck.

channimal

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own three weeks at Brewster Green 22, 23 and 24 because with 7 grandchildren in MA, graduation is always week 22, so it has worked out for us. We bought them all through Michele who works in the BG office. We found it very easy to work with her and the staff at BG. For several years we traded to the Cape, but we were never able to get BG in the summer. After going to BG and looking at the property, we decided that it was the timeshare for us. Our Marriott timeshares have decreased in value but not our BG. If we were to buy again on the Cape, it would be at BG. The weeks that Michele has available are not on line, so worth a call, if she doesn't have what you want she will call you when she does. BG is a well run timeshare. Excellent manager and staff. There is week 26 available on TUG. Good luck.

thanks! I'll give her a call. I've been indoctrinated the TUG way so I am leery of buying from developer/retail :wall:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarification...

thanks! I'll give her a call. I've been indoctrinated the TUG way so I am leery of buying from developer/retail

Michele does not represent the developer; Brewster Green is fully sold out anyhow.
She is instead a licensed realtor who is also affiliated with a local real estate office.
That much being clarified, you'll still have to pay top dollar (...including her commission).

channimal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Michele does not represent the developer; Brewster Green is fully sold out anyhow.
She is instead a licensed realtor who is also affiliated with a local real estate office.
That much being clarified, you'll still have to pay top dollar (...including her commission).

ouch :wall:

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
I would give her a call anyway, it is a point on the curve. That doesn't mean you have to buy from her, and you can see what is out there. We found the price for the weeks reasonable.

SailBadtheSinner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would give her (Michelle) a call anyway, it is a point on the curve. That doesn't mean you have to buy from her, and you can see what is out there. We found the price for the weeks reasonable.

Don't know if anyone is still interested in owning at the Brewster Green, but just got back from a week at BG, and here is the scanned list of resales Michelle is offering -

SBtS

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What are approx maintenance fees?

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Thanks for posting the list! Very helpful.

I see one week on the list that I might be interested, but not sure if I want to pay the asking price. I wonder how negotiable they are on the prices.

Funny thing on the sheet says very high TPUs, which is true for the high red weeks, but not so much for the shoulder months. Just one of the weeks on the sheet has high TPUs and even then the TPU/MF ratio is around $17, not a super traded, but good for someone looking to go to the Cape in the summer every year.

What are approx maintenance fees?

Around $700

e.bram

Reaction score
IMHO. Basically all weeks on the Cape except for Summer weeks are worth $0.00 or less(neg value). This might effect the viability on all of them in the future.

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went online at RCI. Brewster currently has about 75 units for exchange from now through 2015. All off-season or shoulder season, ranging from 6-20 TPU's.

But I only have a total of 30 TPU's available to use, so if a unit was worth more than 30, I might not see it.

Also, it is really hard to tell what Brewster summer weeks would go for on RCI, since we almost never see prime summer weeks listed, historically.

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
I just went online at RCI. Brewster currently has about 75 units for exchange from now through 2015. All off-season or shoulder season, ranging from 6-20 TPU's.

But I only have a total of 30 TPU's available to use, so if a unit was worth more than 30, I might not see it.

Also, it is really hard to tell what Brewster summer weeks would go for on RCI, since we almost never see prime summer weeks listed, historically.

I see this week 31 when I search (it requires 47 TPUs)

2 Bedrooms 6 (6) Full Fri 31-Jul-2015 Fri 07-Aug-2015 Exchange Fee 47

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's always been my worst complaint about RCI. If you don't have enough points or quality or whatever, they don't let you see "everything".

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Since it's a small place (56 units or something like that) I think most summer week owners either use the week or rent them, so summer trades are probably going to be tough.

Perhaps some deposits are picked up by ongoing searches. The resort is also listed in the points program, so some deposits might show up in points, but are probably picked up quickly with folks with VRI group preference.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's always been my worst complaint about RCI. If you don't have enough points or quality or whatever, they don't let you see "everything".

Now they do--you just have to check the box that says "Show all available exchanges."

ProfPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are actually three timeshare facilities in Ptown. I'd stay far away from the ongoing Sandcastle mess, but Eastwood is o.k. and Harbor Hill is also o.k. too, although Harbor Hill units have no a/c, when last I knew.

There is no more "Sandcastle mess." A few complainers are still lingering, but the vast majority of owners there are perfectly happy with the way things have changed over the years.

Without dredging up any old arguments, most of which went nowhere, let me say that we have been owners at Sandcastle for over 10 years, and we love the place--in fact, we just bought another week. The costs have gone up, yes, but that's because the previous management let everything go to hell, including the association's finances. So the new management had a big hole to dig themselves out of, and that required money--which came from them as investors, and from the owners.

It is now running well in the black, and there have been significant physical improvements. Despite the yowling from a few people, management has shown many times that everything they're doing is legal and above board. It's still not a Marriott, but it's a very sweet place to stay, and for Provincetown it's a great bargain.