• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone stay at RCI/Wyndham beach homes in Outerbank NC?

nursie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're interested in going to NC, Outerbanks area and staying one summer. I noticed RCI has several nice looking Private/Beach homes in the Resort directory so I put in an OGS for several.

Has anyone been able to confirm an exchange at one of these?
Dream Gables EK24, Look n Sea EL63, Perspective EM38, Palm HouseEN96, Treasure Island E012 to name a few.
They sleep 10-14, are a separate beach cottage with decks, private pools, hot tubs, etc. This would be awesome for our family. I don't see any reviews for them so my guess is they don't become available often or no one has stayed there.
Just curious if anyone has experienced these places/options for staying. We've always had a Resort, townhome, or condo, never a private/individual home.
would love to hear from anyone on this subject.
Also, any RCI resorts that are nice in the area?

Are there other beaches on the East coast in the NC/SC coast that you prefer as a more family/kid friendly option?

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Those are non timeshare rentals that Wyndham manages for rental purposes. Occasionally off off season units are moved into the exchange inventory. I don't think you will ever see anything outside of November through early March.

nursie

TUG Member
Reaction score
ugh, I figured as much.
I googled the houses and they are on a rental program and shown on facebook, $4,500/week in the summer months.
Looks like a long shot or a zero chance of a summer exchange. :bawl:

Any other nice Resorts people like in the area or in South Carolina?

Last edited:

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beachwoods (formerly Barrier Island Station Kitty Hawk) is undergoing a MAJOR renovation right now and will be very nice when complete. I check in next Sunday! Can't wait! The only thing that will be done is out room, but I'm excited to see the progress on everything else.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
And I'm excited for a progress report. Glad to hear your unit will be completed.

Beachwoods (formerly Barrier Island Station Kitty Hawk) is undergoing a MAJOR renovation right now and will be very nice when complete. I check in next Sunday! Can't wait! The only thing that will be done is out room, but I'm excited to see the progress on everything else.

Best wishes for a great stay on the Outer Banks.

mbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from Beachwoods

Just submitted my review. In short, great area. Resort is a total construction zone with no amenities open. Had an unrenovated unit. $45 charge for internet.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
That's kind of irritating. When I was in VB, the sales staff talked a little about Beachwalk and mentioned they have been falling behind in their renovation schedule and might not be selling until mid to late summer.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are also interested in a mid summer stay in the Outer Banks. Does anyone have any good leads for a reasonable place?... it does not have to be a timeshare. The reviews for the II properties are not so hot.

mbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amenities closed until at least the end of 2015

The construction at Beachwoods is listed to go until the end of 2015. And as we know, construction does not always finish on time.