• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean High OCMD

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Has anyone stayed here recently? I was able to exchange for a week in August and am just thrilled to be able to get an east coast beach week within a few hours from our home in PA! Appreciate any input! Thanks!

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I stayed a few days over Labor Day weekend last year. It was nice enough, but it was a long walk to the beach... especially in the summer heat. Also a decent walk to the main road where you catch the public bus.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
It's the first resort I traded into so it wasn't recent, however, I remember enough about it that I would not trade into there again.

As mentioned above, it's a long walk to a beach and that's not the Ocean City that I think of. To get to the main part of the city where all the action is, you will have to drive or take a bus.

The unit itself was dated at the time and if they haven't done any upgrades I can't imagine what it's like today.

I know now that if I'm going to travel to a beach location, to make sure I'm very close to the beach.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you are going in Spring or Fall, then parking isn't a problem and you can drive either straight over to 32 street or further down to the boardwalk. Bay side resorts can be 3-5 long blocks with one big highway between the resort and the ocean. Most OC properties do their big refurbish every 10-15 years and they get really heavily used for 3 months, moderate use for 4-6 months and then almost no use for 3 months. At least at the ones I own at even with refurbishes they look for industrial type, heavy use (like doctor office) type furniture/carpets/drapes that can take a lickin' but may not look the most modern.

I set my brother up in a cheapy getaway to Lucayan in September a few years back, right before they were set to be refurbished. It was scary bates motel, with fizzing lights in the hall, broken elevator, and the smell of Raid. The units themselves were a little better but really the refurb was probably about a year or more overdue.

Princess Sunflower

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Has anyone stayed here recently? I was able to exchange for a week in August and am just thrilled to be able to get an east coast beach week within a few hours from our home in PA! Appreciate any input! Thanks!

Haven't stayed there recently, but the last time we did we packed up all the pots and pans and brought them to the check in office and made them replace them with new ones. The ones in the room were disgusting. Hopefully things have change for the better since then.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
A true thread where people in the Northeast tell it like it is. :banana:

No sugar coating it or smoothing out the rough edges. Just the "He$$ no, I won't go there again" attitude even if I don't recall the intimate details.

"Just pack the pots & pans up and back to the front desk clerk".:rofl:

Or "it was not recent, but I know I will never trade back into there again".:hysterical:

Some thread sjust amuse me more than others ...

PS I have been to OCMD several times ... staying at a non-TS condo on the beach owned by the extended family. And there have been some visits where I say over and over to myself ... It is free lodging; it is a free roost; it is a great location, etc ... I however FEEL ... it is ugly; the beds are really bad; the sofa is "funny"; suppose to be getting NEW stuff; who picked these colors?; I recognize these plates!; I am younger than the sheets & pillows; what elephants live above my head?; it is free lodging - I have got to stop being so cheap!

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
☺It's definitely not luxurious or even remotely modern/fancy, but the only thing that would keep me from returning is the distance to the beach. I love being oceanfront... which wasn't available when I booked the trip to OC . But I remember that it was clean, comfortable and spacious.

FYI - the master bdrm is in a loft that opens to the living room... the guest room is in the basement. My 20-something sons were in the guest room (2 twin beds) so no biggie. But I would be concerned about having young kids down there because it's too far from the master bdrm and the back door is down there.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Ocean City is a funny place. My husband and I spent our babymoon (14 years ago) in Maui. We had a beautiful 1 br ocean view unit with stellar amenities. It cost the same as a really old motel on the highway with a highway/ pool view in season in Ocean City, Maryland. These motels with $175+ rates sell out every nice weekend in the summer and often during the week as well.

I don't mind OC and have fond memories but I know what to expect. Rather than a 3-5 year refurb, OC is on the 10-15 year refurb schedule. It is only really bad when you are there in the last 3 years before the refabs. Otherwise they are fairly basic but nice.

Princess Sunflower

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed here before and would go back because we love the area and reaching the north end of the boardwalk is walkable for us. After 30 years of Timesharing we have learned you have to speak up when something is wrong or the problem will continue which his not fair to the owners or the exchangers.

A true thread where people in the Northeast tell it like it is. :banana:

No sugar coating it or smoothing out the rough edges. Just the "He$$ no, I won't go there again" attitude even if I don't recall the intimate details.

"Just pack the pots & pans up and back to the front desk clerk".:rofl:

Or "it was not recent, but I know I will never trade back into there again".:hysterical:

Some thread sjust amuse me more than others ...

PS I have been to OCMD several times ... staying at a non-TS condo on the beach owned by the extended family. And there have been some visits where I say over and over to myself ... It is free lodging; it is a free roost; it is a great location, etc ... I however FEEL ... it is ugly; the beds are really bad; the sofa is "funny"; suppose to be getting NEW stuff; who picked these colors?; I recognize these plates!; I am younger than the sheets & pillows; what elephants live above my head?; it is free lodging - I have got to stop being so cheap!