• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC Timeshares

vkhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was browsing the RCI website and it looks like there are several timeshares in NYC. Other than the Manhattan Club, has anyone stayed at any other one and would you recommend it? We have a wedding in Manhattan in April and are thinking about a TS instead of a hotel. Any advice?
Thanks,
Joanne

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Don't forget to check the TUG Reviews for NY.

Denise,

The New York Timeshare list needs to be updated.

Unfortunately, as of this year (2010), Royal Holiday Club (RHC) no longer has contracts with The Affinia Dumont and The Affinia Manhattan. The only RHC property in NYC now is the Crowne Plaza Times Square.

Best Regards,

Richard

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Richard - thanks for that info. I don't have editing privileges in the reviews, can you please contact the Rep. for the NY reviews and let her know. click here

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We stayed a week at the HGVC West 57th Street timeshare in Manhattan 3 weeks ago. We have also stayed at the Manhattan Club.

We like the HGVC very much. The service is superb by everybody. I strongly recommend it and we intend to go back next year. We are not HGVC owners but exchanged into it through SFX.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Richard - thanks for that info. I don't have editing privileges in the reviews, can you please contact the Rep. for the NY reviews and let her know. click here

Denise,

I opened your link and clicked on Kathy's name.
That resulted in Outlook email trying to open but I don't have Outlook installed on my home computer.
So I went to the Tug Users List database and tried to find Kathy's name to send her an email. I was unable
to locate her name.

So I've not been able to email her.

Richard

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmmmm.... I will try to find out - thanks!

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an alternative, TUGgers have in the past highly recommended the Radio City Apartments. This is not a timeshare but has one and two bedroom suites with kitchens. The prices were very reasonable when I checked them in the past. But that was about 2 years ago. I have no personal knowledge of the property but have kept it in mind based upon several very favorable posts on the TUG Forums. I know the location is superb.

Check the Archives and maybe ask about it at the Eastern Forum.

vkhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who provided me with the above info. A friend of mine has RCI points she can't use and has offered to book for me and I would just pay the exchange fee. Sounds like that may be more challenging than initially anticipated. I will also check out those Radio City apartments.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Denise,

I opened your link and clicked on Kathy's name.
That resulted in Outlook email trying to open but I don't have Outlook installed on my home computer.
So I went to the Tug Users List database and tried to find Kathy's name to send her an email. I was unable
to locate her name.

So I've not been able to email her.

Richard

this is because your web browser is configured to open outlook by default when you click on an email address.

This is a setting within your web browser, not TUG.

to easily contact a review manager without having to use your email, simply browse to the review in question and click "contact review manager". this lets you send a note through TUG directly to the review manager for that resort.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
this is because your web browser is configured to open outlook by default when you click on an email address.

to easily contact a review manager without having to use your email, simply browse to the review in question and click "contact review manager". this lets you send a note through TUG directly to the review manager for that resort.

Brian - The same thing happens when you click the link on the review page.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks Brian,

I didn't know that feature was there. I sent messages to Kathy via the "contact the review manager" tab.

Richard

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian - The same thing happens when you click the link on the review page.

pardon?

the "contact review manager" is a separate tab that allows you to type in the box in the tab...there isnt an actual email link on the page itself that would open up your mail client.

ie like typing in abcd@efghi.net