• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Shagging Videos!!

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's under Wyndham Blvd or Sheraton Broadway at the end of the thread.

Thanks to Krmlaw we now have videos of shagging . Enjoy. Let me know what you think!! shaggy

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The video is greatl . with a nick name of Shagnut, you must one excellent shag dancer.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Is there a link somewhere. Never mind, I found it in the thread below.

Bill

Last edited:

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
The video is greatl . with a nick name of Shagnut, you must one excellent shag dancer.

Not so much anymore. I had a serious car accident about 40 yrs ago and ended up having to have surgery on it so I now have no ankle motion in my rt foot. (My foot went thru the floorboard of the car) It makes me sad that I can't do what I used to do or some of the things I want to do but I have been so blessed that this is nothing.

What I do like is the shagging lifestyle. The music is great , the happy attitude is wonderful & the people are friendly and my age. We have 2 big events in NMB every year, once in the spring and once in the fall.

Beach Music : It is not California surfing music. It is NOT the Beach Boys, Jan & Dean etc.

Beach Music here I'll call it Southern Beach Music is music by the Embers, the Band of Oz, Poor Souls, the Catalina with a lot of Motown & R & B thrown in for good measure.

Lesson 101 is done. Shaggy

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not so much anymore. I had a serious car accident about 40 yrs ago and ended up having to have surgery on it so I now have no ankle motion in my rt foot. (My foot went thru the floorboard of the car) It makes me sad that I can't do what I used to do or some of the things I want to do but I have been so blessed that this is nothing.

What I do like is the shagging lifestyle. The music is great , the happy attitude is wonderful & the people are friendly and my age. We have 2 big events in NMB every year, once in the spring and once in the fall.

Beach Music : It is not California surfing music. It is NOT the Beach Boys, Jan & Dean etc.

Beach Music here I'll call it Southern Beach Music is music by the Embers, the Band of Oz, Poor Souls, the Catalina with a lot of Motown & R & B thrown in for good measure.

Lesson 101 is done. Shaggy

Shagnut, I also can enjoy some of the old music like you. The slow music when you touch your female parnter.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shoot, I thought shagging was something entirely different. Maybe I've seen one too many Mike Meyer movies. I wasn't going to say anything about Shagnut's username. Nope. Too polite here. But now, seeing that it is a DANCE thing, I unnerstand. I say, go for it. Yes, those 50's and 60's dance tunes were some of the best! :)

Jim

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Austin Powers came to mind here too ! :D

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I first joined tug , Bruce asked me to please change my name. He was from England and I had no idea what shagging meant in England. When I told him it was for a dance he told me to keep it. Glad you liked the videos.

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Polynesian, DVC AKL Jambo House, Foxrun, Fairways of the Mountains, Blue Ridge Village, Treetops, Gatlinburg Town Square, and Waterside.
I grew up with the shag. It is South Carolina's State Dance. A friend of mine was a national champion years ago and appeared in a movie called Shag. She used to judge many of the contests. We lost touch so I don't know if she still judges them or not.

On a cruise years ago, I asked the DJ to please play some shagging music for us. He looked at me like I was crazy. I later found out he was from England and had a whole different meaning of the word and wondered about us.

Edisto Beach is having a festival over the Labor Day weekend. There are festivals in many parts of South Carolina which feature shagging, although I believe North Myrtle Beach is known as the place for shaggers.

It is so much fun.

Thank you so much for sharing. Good memories.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's under Wyndham Blvd or Sheraton Broadway at the end of the thread.

Thanks to Krmlaw we now have videos of shagging . Enjoy. Let me know what you think!! shaggy

I shag also. Never found your videos at the end of this thread though. There are actually 3 SOS events at Myrtle Beach each year plus Jr Shagging events and various workshops. We just returned a week ago from Winter SOS,always on MLK weekend. Lots of great bands and dancing in all the clubs. This is the least crowded since it is in the winter. Still lots of shaggers and great workshops.
SOS stands for Shagging on the Strand.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Last edited:

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm ready for the beach. NMB that is. Since I can't shag anymore I still enjoy watching the others and loving the lifestyle.

SOS : Sluts over sixty. lol
SOS : Society of Stranders

I have recommended to so many people that aren't from here to go to NMB and go to the shag clubs and pick up some music as souveniers but no one has ever said they did so. See what they're missing??

shaggy

Dandc3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shag

Watched the video...kinda reminds me of west coast swing.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both Susan and Ironwood for posting those . They really are good. I can't believe the first one that she is his mother??? and the little ones are going to keep shagging alive. Shaggy