• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[no longer available] Free Grand Mayan 2 bedroom

MarvEllis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and we'd like to give away our Grand Mayan Acapulco timeshare. We used it a few times in the beginning, but haven't touched it in 5 years. It's totally paid for.

RTU til 2102
2 bedroom lock off
Red week + bonus week each year
Usage:floating
No current reservations
M/F $1037.13 due only if used.
Buyer is free to use any week of the year, including holidays.

Last edited:

MarvEllis

TUG Member
Reaction score
No inquires?? Ok it's going to Donate for a Cause. We are well aware of the tax side of the equation. This is our second and last timeshare to be rid of.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A suggestion...

Hi I'm new here and we'd like to give away our Grand Mayan Acapulco timeshare. We used it a few times in the beginning, but haven't touched it in 5 years. It's totally paid for.

RTU til 2102
2 bedroom lock off
Red week + bonus week each year
Usage:floating
No current reservations
M/F $1037.13 due only if used.
Buyer is free to use any week of the year, including holidays.

I am not at all interested in this personally, but identifying the (missing) transfer fee amount (and who is going to pay it) might help you to find a recipient.
After all, your "offer" has actually only been posted for all of 3 days now; it's a bit premature to be sprinting off to Donate (yeah, sure --- "donate" indeed :D) for a "Cause" (...and for what may be several grand in cash out of the "donor" pocket in order to be able to (...ahem) "donate" in the first place).

Since some Mexican outfits attempt to extort collect thousands of dollars for a transfer fee when a RTU contract changes hands, a potentially interested party might be leery and fearful that yours is potentially one of them (...and for all I know, it very well might be). :shrug:

Just sayin' --- identifying that important missing detail of the transfer fee cost and who exactly who is going to pay it might help you to interest a potential recipient.

Last edited:

MarvEllis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly, I'm afraid it might be as high as $3k for a transfer fee. I've requested the amount from the resort and awaiting the answer. We're new at this as far as transferring to another owner.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Donate for a Cause will require you to pay the Grand Mayan transfer fee + their standard fees, and probably next years maintenance fees. So I'm guessing in the $5,000 range or more?

It would be cheaper for you to give it away here, and pay the transfer fee. 3 days is simply not long enough. There are many people on TUG who like this resort, but you will have to pay the GM transfer fee.

MarvEllis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, lots of interest now. DFC is offer a deal right now of $500 off the regular transfer (not donation, which is higher) and a repeat member discount. Also, we paid the 2015 M/F as to be ready to do a transfer to a TUG member if it came down to that. The paperwork for DFC is already rolling....

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Splitting definition hairs...

Exactly, I'm afraid it might be as high as $3k for a transfer fee. I've requested the amount from the resort and awaiting the answer. We're new at this as far as transferring to another owner.

Not to split hairs here, but it's actually a "different contract holder" as opposed to being "another owner".

You don't actually "own" anything in a Mexican RTU; you instead merely purchase a contractually provided right to access and use the property during a specifically defined, date-finite time frame --- if / when you have paid the required fees and successfully jumped and cleared the required reservation hurdles in order to do so.

Last edited:

MarvEllis

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hear ya there Theo. Ain't no owning for us gringo's unless we become citizens. And that ain't happening.:)

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you have the 'no m/f unless you use' clause, but is that transferable?

Also, to confirm, your membership includes holiday weeks? That's fairly rare, and I don't believe I've seen it for GM before, but I am sure they're out there.

Edited to add: Even though you may have signed the contract in Aca, your membership allows you to reserve at any of the Vida locations.

Last edited:

MarvEllis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you have the 'no m/f unless you use' clause, but is that transferable? Not sure

Also, to confirm, your membership includes holiday weeks? That's fairly rare, and I don't believe I've seen it for GM before, but I am sure they're out there.
We bought in way back in 2002 and upgraded 5 years later so that was part of the original deal.
Edited to add: Even though you may have signed the contract in Aca, your membership allows you to reserve at any of the Vida locations.
Correct, we could use it at any of the Mayan/Vida properties. In fact we used it one time at the Mayan Sea Gardens so we could stay with another couple.

MarvEllis

TUG Member
Reaction score
im interested please send info

Celperf, do you know what the transfer fee is? Does anybody know?? I'm not sure myself. Still haven't got a word back from the membership people at Grand Mayan. We have started the transfer paperwork to DFC yesterday. it is $1395 for them to take over the deed. They do have a statement in their paperwork that says:

Closing Agent: Requests account information from your resort, and any additional documentation from you that is needed to complete your account search (i.e. Consent forms for resort, death certificates, etc.) Some resorts require their transfer fee payment at this point.

If that fee is exorbitant I may call off the deal and go with possibly selling to you. We'll see. I'm happy to use one of the title transfer people Denise lists on here if and when it come down to it. I got you PM and will keep you informed. Thank you for your interest.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marv, the transfer fee should be in your contract--I know it is in mine.
On the older contracts it's just one current m/f. However, they later increased that to 10% of the original purchase price, and I'm not sure what the newer ones are.

Last edited:

MarvEllis

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just confirmed in writing that DFC has negotiated with my resort a zero transfer fee. So that leaves it at $1395 and done. I'm good with that. As I've said before, I've used Donate for a Cause before and I'm satisfied with the support and outcome of transactions in the past. They're a good organization as long as you got your eyes wide open going in.
So the key at this point is to step back, take a deep breath and hold off on any offers. If anything changes in the next couple of weeks, I'll be back to update the thread. Thanks everybody.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im interested and I can pay half of transfer fee if the second week transfer to new owner

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
hello any news of how much transfer fee? you just need to call costumer service and they give you in minutes

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
celperf- MarvEllis hasn't visited TUG since Dec. 9th, so he hasn't seen your posts.

To contract him directly, click on his blue user name.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just confirmed in writing that DFC has negotiated with my resort a zero transfer fee. So that leaves it at $1395 and done. I'm good with that. As I've said before, I've used Donate for a Cause before and I'm satisfied with the support and outcome of transactions in the past. They're a good organization as long as you got your eyes wide open going in.
So the key at this point is to step back, take a deep breath and hold off on any offers. If anything changes in the next couple of weeks, I'll be back to update the thread. Thanks everybody.

I believe she has already made up her mind to go through DFC

MarvEllis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, just to set the record straight, I'm a male. Lol. And yes, as I mentioned a few posts back we are going with DFC. If it doesn't go through I'll be back to give somebody the opportunity.

Last edited: