• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking through the Online system

tofuyan

Reaction score
HI!

I was planning on waking up early tomorrow 5am pst to book one year in advanced for the Westin Kaanapali; but I also see online that I can book through there as well. Would it be higher priority booking online than calling tomorrow? I was also planning on breaking my 2 bedroom lockoff into 2 consecutive weeks. Would they be able to put on their notes in regards to that or have it automatically booked the following week?

Thanks!

Marilyn

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marilyn,

Sorry, didn't see your post until this a.m.. Did you already call for your ressie? For the booking for your second week, you can go on on-line at 9:00 p.m. PDT next week at make your reservation. Yes, you have a higher priority than if you wait to call in the a.m.. On Wednesday night, the 16th at 9:00 p.m. PDT, I made my reservation for 4/17/15. It took 15 seconds and I had an e-mail confirmation within 2 minutes. The process was a lot easier than calling in at 5:59 a.m. like I did last time!! Good luck with your reservations! CJ

tofuyan

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I had booked last night (but at about 11pm PST). I should have checked much earlier. I didn't know that we could book online till last night.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's great that you were able to book on-line. At least you are ahead of those who called in this morning! Now you know you can book at 9:00 p.m. next week! Happy travels! CJ

Crasherino

Reaction score
Question re the online booking system. I just purchased a WSJ BV EOY unit. The folks who we bought from reserved a week that we asked them to, no problem, for 2015. But ideally, we would like to reserve a week later in the calendar year so I'm waiting until that week comes around to book.

I registered for the online booking system and all seems a go. But, how do I book a new week while already having a reservation in place? Do I need to release the current week prior to booking the new one and simply take a chance that I'll get the new one? It could happen then that I'm stuck without either. My understanding is that the same process takes place over the phone, but its really only a 30 second difference as the person on the phone does it right away.

TIA for any thoughts.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You will have to call to cancel the old reservation.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Question re the online booking system. I just purchased a WSJ BV EOY unit. The folks who we bought from reserved a week that we asked them to, no problem, for 2015. But ideally, we would like to reserve a week later in the calendar year so I'm waiting until that week comes around to book.

I registered for the online booking system and all seems a go. But, how do I book a new week while already having a reservation in place? Do I need to release the current week prior to booking the new one and simply take a chance that I'll get the new one? It could happen then that I'm stuck without either. My understanding is that the same process takes place over the phone, but its really only a 30 second difference as the person on the phone does it right away.

TIA for any thoughts.

Call them...

If it is a float week - and they booked a week - that week must be <12 months away already. If you are looking for another week - is it within your HomeResort period or later in the year? If within HR, then book asap (call them). If outside your HR period - that now becomes an SVN exchange and you will be competing with many others (may not be wise choice) - you do not get HR priority outside season.

Call them...

Crasherino

Reaction score
Call them...

If it is a float week - and they booked a week - that week must be <12 months away already. If you are looking for another week - is it within your HomeResort period or later in the year? If within HR, then book asap (call them). If outside your HR period - that now becomes an SVN exchange and you will be competing with many others (may not be wise choice) - you do not get HR priority outside season.

Call them...

The short of it....I have a Plat+ EOY BV unit that is reserved for week 7 2015. I would like to change that to week 51 when it becomes open for booking.

My understanding is that I will need to call SVO and cancel the week 7 prior to logging on and reserving week 51 (at midnight) - I can't cancel and reserve online.

I'm not inclined to cancel my week 7 until the last minute as who knows what might change in the 7 months that will cause my plans to change.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Week 51 isn't an event week?

Crasherino

Reaction score
Week 51 isn't an event week?

Tbh, I'm not sure what the term means in the context of SVO - I presume it refers to it being Christmas. But, as far as being able to book our unit at WSJ, Platinum Plus specifically is for weeks 1-18, 51 and 52. I don't believe there is a special event designation that we need in order to book that week.

But if you are referring to it simply being more difficult to book than other weeks because its Christmas, that is, I'm sure, 100% the case. Which is partially why I am reluctant to give up our standing reservation in advance of booking the new one.

It seems like I have no choice, unfortunately as the online system will give me the better shot at getting the reservation as opposed to waiting until 9am in the morning and speaking with an agent.