• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV to prohibit smoking on lanai/balcony in 2014

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you purchase a timeshare, or any condominium type property, you should know going into it that the management/homeowners' association not only has the right to, but will likely change rules over time. Honestly, I didn't read all the print for my timeshare purchase, but I did read the CCR's w/ my condo purchase, and it clearly states that changes and adaptations can be made at any time.

When I was purchasing my condo, a friend told me the best advice was to become a member of the homeowner's association so I would have a say regarding any rule changes. I did not heed this advice, and the association changed the rules at one point stating that only one pet per condo was allowed. At the time, I had a dog and a cat. Fortunately, I didn't have to fight them, and they quickly made an amendment grandfathering me in, but they legally didn't have to. However, if one of my pets died, I was not allowed to get another.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Will people be allowed to smoke electronic cigarettes? How do you feel about people smoking e-cigs where smoking real cigs is banned?

pharmgirl

Reaction score
Will people be allowed to smoke electronic cigarettes? How do you feel about people smoking e-cigs where smoking real cigs is banned?

Ecigarettes have no smoke so should be no problem, they are only a nicotine delivery device with perhaps some flavoring

My question is why isn't popcorn making banned, the smell is atrocious and also a health issue

Cigarettes, cigars on balconies have an odor but to think with that distance it is a health hazard to people is not reasonable

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
I don't go to Maui to smell the smoke from an adjacent unit. We like to sit on our Lanai in the morning to watch the whales. We don't like smelling smoke, health hazard or not.

Greg

Ecigarettes have no smoke so should be no problem, they are only a nicotine delivery device with perhaps some flavoring

My question is why isn't popcorn making banned, the smell is atrocious and also a health issue

Cigarettes, cigars on balconies have an odor but to think with that distance it is a health hazard to people is not reasonable

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Wrong Pharmgirl - it is not necessarily the health hazard - it is the stank that we are exposed to due to someone else nasty useless addiction. The popcorn argument is inane - and suffers from bad logic (esp from someone that is educated)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

pharmgirl

Reaction score
Yes, it is the odor that is a problem at a distance,Not a health risk,
mentioned popcorn as I dislike the odor also a potential health hazard due to diacyl and perflorooctanoate

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Smokers and non-Smokers BBQ
Smokers and non-Smokers pop popcorn
Smokers and non-Smokers drive pollution creating vehicles
etc...
Only Smokers smoke...

smoke stinks, is noxious, is obnoxious, and is a perpetuating mechanism to satisfy a self-induced insidious addiction

if citizens want to band together and stop people from making popcorn, BBQing, and driving - more power to them - good luck with that windmill tilting.

The chemical names sound cool - but does not even come close to making it a good analogy or good argument. anyway - the common cigarette contains 100s of harmful chemicals - and that doesn't add to the argument.

luckily have been very few whiffs of tabacco during this week at WKORV (knock on wood...) and WPORV

No place for cigs in paradise.

Last edited:

triangulum33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2005 WKORN
Great news.
I've never been annoyed by smokers at WKORV, but that would be annoying.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
if citizens want to band together and stop people from making popcorn, BBQing, and driving - more power to them - good luck with that windmill tilting.

Thanks for the great quote -- it gave me a good laugh today. I'll have to use this in one of my business meetings someday when someone brings up a weak analogy.

-ryan

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando

I have one popcorn story for you: When Bryan Adams is booked for a show, one of his contract terms is that popcorn cannot be made anywhere in the venue. Apparently he hates the smell.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Smokers and non-Smokers BBQ
Smokers and non-Smokers pop popcorn
Smokers and non-Smokers drive pollution creating vehicles
etc...
Only Smokers smoke...

smoke stinks, is noxious, is obnoxious, and is a perpetuating mechanism to satisfy a self-induced insidious addiction

The chemical names sound cool - but does not even come close to making it a good analogy or good argument. anyway - the common cigarette contains 100s of harmful chemicals - and that doesn't add to the argument.

luckily have been very few whiffs of tabacco during this week at WKORV (knock on wood...) and WPORV

No place for cigs in paradise.

Not to :deadhorse: but....

I just got off the phone with OS (cancelled a reservation) - and the OS Associate mentioned in their standard closing remarks (cancelation policy, etc...) that the non-smoking policy (in villa or on balcony) for SVO now also extends to e-cigarettes.
(but no mention of popcorn... :D)