• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Dilema- Help

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I sorta matched today. Haven't had a chance to call the RCI/Wyndaham desk yet. Just found out. I discovered they have me a unit on hold at Timbers / Island Park Idaho but they have me coming in on the 11th of Sept instead of the 12th . That means I will miss one day on the front and will need to find me a place on the 18th. It matched quickly so do you think I should throw it back or suck it up.?? How far is it from there to Red Lodge?? I could change my reserve there to the 18th to do Beartooth and then drive to Jackson Hole for my week there. This means I'll miss going to Cody. Suggestions please . TIA shaggy

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It may be that they only have Friday check dates. I know that some exchanges I've gotten will only allow Friday.

I can't answer your other questions, sorry.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Google gives you some driving choices. If you opt to go through Yellowstone, you could make a day of it, exploring the Park as you go. Island Park is only about 20 miles west of the West Yellowstone entrance, on a good highway that is an easy drive. Here's a map for you:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tim...a35f67520d70b!2m2!1d-109.2468211!2d45.1857782

I'd say take the exchange, and book a convenient hotel for the one extra night. You may even be able to stay inside the park that night, at the Old Faithful Inn.

Edited to add: Rereading your post, I'm not sure of the order of your visiting plan. Are you thinking of going from IPV to Red Lodge, then back to Jackson Hole? And trying to see Cody in the middle somewhere? Seems like a lot of extra driving. ?

Dave

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Consider calling Timbers and modifying the reservation. They're pretty accommodating.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a previous thread, you said you would skip Cody if you picked-up the RCI exchange.

Your original plan:
Bozeman
Red Lodge
Cody
Island Park
Jackson Hole

470 miles; 9 hours driving

With your September 11 Island Park exchange:
Bozeman
Island Park
Red Lodge (night of the 18th)
Cody, WY (it is right on the route to Jackson, if you want to spend time there)
Jackson, WY

622 miles; 11 1/2 hours driving

This itinerary will take you through Yellowstone twice versus your original plan. You will likely encounter a few more wildlife traffic jams. It will not add to the mileage, but it will add to the driving time.

If you wanted to spend a day or two in Cody, WY, you leave Island Park a day or two early.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I am seeing wildlife I won't consider it a traffic jam. I would be thrilled to see animals in the middle of the road I was hoping to match Worldmark West Yellowstone but I think I'll go ahead and keep this one even if I do lose a couple of days. I really appreciate all of your help.
shaggy

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
September is a great time there. It will be chilly in the mornings. (The parks close in early Nov.) Animals will be moving around. Timbers (formerly IPV) is 22 miles from the Yellowstone entrance. I own there. Be sure to see Big Springs where the Henry's Fork of the Snake River rises out of the ground 5 miles from the resort. Big trouts there. Should be a memorable trip.

Jim

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We also went in Sept and the weather was great! And no real big crowds like in the summer. You are going to love it!

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I confirmed it even though I will lose 2 days. What I think I will do is when I check out early on Friday I will head out to Red Lodge to do the Bear Tooth. Saturday leave there to head to Cody to see the Museum . Later that night will eat at the Irma & do the cowboy show ( Dan Miller?? ) Next morning head to Jackson Hole . I can't check in until 3or 4 ?? anyway. I guess that's a plan. Thanks to everyone who helped. Shaggy

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well I confirmed it even though I will lose 2 days. What I think I will do is when I check out early on Friday I will head out to Red Lodge to do the Bear Tooth. Saturday leave there to head to Cody to see the Museum . Later that night will eat at the Irma & do the cowboy show ( Dan Miller?? ) Next morning head to Jackson Hole . I can't check in until 3or 4 ?? anyway. I guess that's a plan. Thanks to everyone who helped. Shaggy

You'll have fun no matter what. But I think Jim's earlier suggestion is valid - contact Timbers and ask them if they can adjust your stay dates. They're pretty accommodating folks.

(While you're in West Yellowstone, eat breakfast at the Running Bear Pancake House. Family style dining that is really good, and very nice folks. They make good breakfasts, and can pack you a hiker's lunch for when you're in the Park. http://runningbearph.com)

Enjoy!

Dave

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to get my confirmation from RCI?Wyndham. Everytime I try to call the Timbers I end up anywhere but there. VRI, Trading Places, etc. I'll be completely gray headed by Sept!!

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a previous thread, you said you would skip Cody if you picked-up the RCI exchange.

Your original plan:
Bozeman
Red Lodge
Cody
Island Park
Jackson Hole

470 miles; 9 hours driving

With your September 11 Island Park exchange:
Bozeman
Island Park
Red Lodge (night of the 18th)
Cody, WY (it is right on the route to Jackson, if you want to spend time there)
Jackson, WY

622 miles; 11 1/2 hours driving

This itinerary will take you through Yellowstone twice versus your original plan. You will likely encounter a few more wildlife traffic jams. It will not add to the mileage, but it will add to the driving time.

If you wanted to spend a day or two in Cody, WY, you leave Island Park a day or two early.

I am doing it exactly as you stated : Bozeman, Island Park. Fri: Red Lodge, Sat: Cody Sun: Jackson until I leave to go home. I as sure it will be everything and more than I expect. Thanks again to everyone who has helped. shaggy

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I am doing it exactly as you stated : Bozeman, Island Park. Fri: Red Lodge, Sat: Cody Sun: Jackson until I leave to go home. I as sure it will be everything and more than I expect. Thanks again to everyone who has helped. shaggy

When you're in Cody, (the town I named my puppy for, BTW), the Buffalo Bill Museum (has a new name, I think?) is great for Old West stuff. But the firearms museum wing was what I found extra interesting - I've never seen so many variations on amazing rifles and pistols in my life. After awhile it was "gun overload" and they all started to look alike. Amazing to think they'd all been used at some point in their lives.

You'll have fun there. Eat at Peter's Cafe. Excellent food in a low-key environment. :) http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...iews-Peters_Cafe_and_Bakery-Cody_Wyoming.html

Dave

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I am seeing wildlife I won't consider it a traffic jam. I would be thrilled to see animals in the middle of the road.
Like a lot of things, it depends. Bear jams, moose, elk, and deer are not too bad. But if you run into a herd of bison crossing the road, you could be there for hours. There is no getting them to hurry, and no moving them out of the way.

You should see a LOT of wildlife that time of the year. Have a great trip!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to get my confirmation from RCI?Wyndham. Everytime I try to call the Timbers I end up anywhere but there. VRI, Trading Places, etc. I'll be completely gray headed by Sept!!

Here is a local number for Timbers. 208-558-7550. Good Luck!

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will check it out for breakfast. I've made reservations at the Irma hotel & the buffet & show combo. The room was $132 and for the history of the place I think it'll be great. I have deceided to stay in Red Lodge on Friday night (when I have to leave IPV ) because they don't have a room. Then will miss the first day at JH because I'm staying in Cody b4 I go to JH.

Again, thanks for all the help. shaggy

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I will check it out for breakfast. I've made reservations at the Irma hotel & the buffet & show combo. The room was $132 and for the history of the place I think it'll be great. I have deceided to stay in Red Lodge on Friday night (when I have to leave IPV ) because they don't have a room. Then will miss the first day at JH because I'm staying in Cody b4 I go to JH.

Again, thanks for all the help. shaggy

Peter's Cafe is diagonally across the street from Irma's Hotel. Easy walk! :) Have fun in Cody. It's a great town!

Dave