• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pic program questions?

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
At a owner update which took too long. They said I could pic two weeks but I had to buy 105 thousand points costing around 18000 dollars but If I pic 2 3 bedrooms 254000 I would be VIP. Any suggestion on a cheap resale 3 bedrooms with low fees. All my points now are resale so I can't use them to pay my Maintenance fee. So if I spend 12000 dollars I can have Wyndham perks and save 10000 dollars over the next 10 years. And they have a app for your phone. After 2 hours I told the lady I was done time is up Even It is was the best deal ever I not doing it today email me the details and I will consider it. Well It has been four days and no email. 90 dollars in restaurant vouchers wasn't bad either. Lunch at the update was good this time too!

Daniel

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
do You mean you can only pic your weeks for five years or the pic points last 5 years?

Daniel

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
do You mean you can only pic your weeks for five years or the pic points last 5 years?

Daniel

The PIC program used to be a AS long as you owned the weeks and paid the mfs to your resort...

They changed it several years ago to a 5 year HOOK ... to keep the status, you would have to buy MORE points and could do a 2nd PIC "5 year program" ....

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I never be VIP I feel I like a second class owner

Daniel

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Using your points to pay your maintenance fees is a money-losing proposition.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I never be VIP I feel I like a second class owner

Daniel

Daniel,
You brought into the program to take vacations ... if you are looking for discounts, do Sunday checkins and checkout Friday AM for 5 night stays.

Book several vacations on the same day -- saving RTs (I know, the HKs will be for the full week, but you will get MORE vacations stays).

Check the Discounts vacation offerings on the Website.

As for being 2nd class .. most owners are NOT VIPs, just like you. All owners just want to enjoy their limited vacation time. It is the same resort whether if you are VIP or not .... and even I can't stand the cost of those PRESIDENTIAL super units ... none of which has a sofa bed in the living room;).

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
but I don't get a newspaper and I can't pick the side of the building I want to stay on.

Daniel

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
but I don't get a newspaper and I can't pick the side of the building I want to stay on.

Daniel

Really, you think VIPs Silver or Gold or Platinum get all that? People "borrow" my paper as it is left on the floor in front of my unit's door or I get the excuse that "no papers were delivered to resort". And as for side or the building or a better view .... try other thing MORE important to the staff ... like not moving a person staying multiple weeks (roosting), guests who checkin earlier than you and WHINE about their view to a front desk member (who swaps their bad view for WHAT you thought you were getting) or a guest who slips a $20 to a clerk to correct their view.

I get the unit I am assigned (with a DO NO MOVE) about 1 in 4 times ... I a really try hard to not throw an unhappy dance when I get moved to a way, way lesser unit. As for getting the BESTEST unit view almost possible .... about 1 in 20 stays --- and I know the layout of the resorts in most cases.

At one resort, I got the lowest floor at a noisy location with a poor view ... and the unit assignment person ACTUALLY on my 2rd morning asked me "How do you like the view?" But the front desk clerk when checking me in asked "What did you do to the 'the front end supervisor'? You got Unit 123?" and my reply was "Guess it was my turn to get that unit" .... Seems the supervisor had changed me to a better unit - but forgot to delete me out of the 'bad view' which actually showed up in the computer search first ... the unit was fine and I found it quiet and private; it had lovely morning sun and the largest balcony at the resort.

Just be happy with the good things ... VIP is not an end all perk ...

PS Most mornings the resorts have left over newspapers on the front desk counter around 6:30AM ... they have a standing order at fixed level and if the resort does NOT have that many VIPs ... it GENERALLY is first come gets a free paper. Some resorts MIGHT charge (but accounting for the cash after each shift is a PIA).

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stumbled onto that limited 5 year life PIC about 6 months ago.... no idea as I had 2 PIC'ed weeks for years. I got them converted right after they went from 4 PIC weeks to 2 PIC weeks.

Kendra of long ago fame ... used PICs to supply almost all her points in her multiple Member numbers ... I think if might have unlimited then.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know the date that is changed to 5 years?

It's not retroactive so if you already PIC'd under the old program you should still be okay. I think it was changed about 2 years ago, it was trumpeted as a benefit because more timeshares were eligible (it no longer matters whether it's in RCI weeks only).

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
.... and even I can't stand the cost of those PRESIDENTIAL super units ... none of which has a sofa bed in the living room;).

This used to be true but many presidential units have already converted and I believe the rest are being converted to have a sleeper sofa. The website has not been updated for several resorts where this is the case.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
This used to be true but many presidential units have already converted and I believe the rest are being converted to have a sleeper sofa. The website has not been updated for several resorts where this is the case.

Thanks ... I have never stayed in a Presidential unit .. snooped around several but not committed the points yet.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not retroactive so if you already PIC'd under the old program you should still be okay. I think it was changed about 2 years ago, it was trumpeted as a benefit because more timeshares were eligible (it no longer matters whether it's in RCI weeks only).

I PICed two weeks in February of 2014. But at that time I thought I was good for life as I was told that now was the time to do it because the program would be changing soon. So, not sure if I was misinformed or if I'm okay.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like if you are enrolled in PIC Express you have 5 years of usage.

If you have PIC plus you can keep using your PICS even after 5 years. It did give a January 9, 2014 cut off date, but I'm not sure what happens if you added your PIC after this date.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called Wyndham For clarification

I called Wyndham and asked about my account.

I am enrolled in the PIC plus program.:whoopie:

The PIC Express is ONLY for weeks that are not in the RCI book that someone wants to PIC for points. It is only lasting 5 year.

The customer service person told me that you can walk into Wyndham today and PIC an RCI accepted week and make a new Wyndham points purchase from Wyndham and you will be able to PIC them every year as long as you wish to PIC them.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)

So it would be grandfathered?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it would be grandfathered?

It sounds like, according to the information Cynthia was provided, that PIC Plus still exists. I have heard it argued both ways. If it still exists, there is no question; even if it no longer exists for new purchases, I believe the language written into the former PIC Plus contracts would not allow Wyndham to eliminate the benefit or ability to PIC as long as the week itself remains eligible (i.e., has not been converted to a points membership). When I say it would not allow eliminating the benefit, I am referring to the PIC'd week being eligible to be applied toward VIP eligibility; as we know they can and do change what the VIP benefits are.

DISCLOSURE: I do not personally have PIC'd weeks so I do not have the actual contract language; I am making this statement based on what I have heard from others, but as I don't personally have a PIC contract I can't confirm it.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like, according to the information Cynthia was provided, that PIC Plus still exists. I have heard it argued both ways. If it still exists, there is no question; even if it no longer exists for new purchases, I believe the language written into the former PIC Plus contracts would not allow Wyndham to eliminate the benefit or ability to PIC as long as the week itself remains eligible (i.e., has not been converted to a points membership). When I say it would not allow eliminating the benefit, I am referring to the PIC'd week being eligible to be applied toward VIP eligibility; as we know they can and do change what the VIP benefits are.

DISCLOSURE: I do not personally have PIC'd weeks so I do not have the actual contract language; I am making this statement based on what I have heard from others, but as I don't personally have a PIC contract I can't confirm it.

I have 2 weeks in the PIC program .. grandfathered into the PIC Plus (original). (The newer program is for 5 years ONLY). You must opt for the Wyndham points AT LEAST 10 months before checkin of the week. There is a $89 fee to convert get your Wyndham Points. Be have the MFs paid (that usually means PRE-PAYing to your fixed week resort the MFs). You will get a SPACE BANK card from RCI. THEN you call Wyndham to complete the process for getting your Wyndham points into your Wyndham account. The Wyndham points are good for 12 months.

No ARP with these points.
No points credit pool.
No converting to MF dollars.
No converting to reward points.

plus the usual, week must remain eligible if not converted to Wyndham points and all fees are non-refundable.

Just got to love the OLDER versions of the Member Directories -- more resorts, less pictures; more program options or changes, older rules not printed in newer directories....

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Thanks linda, and big rob.

We've got PIC's in the old program.