• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using wyndham points for dvc

mnormandin3

Reaction score
I'm totally new to all this!!
We are wyndham points owners on the presidential level. We have wyndham club plus points. We are enrolled in rci.
here's the rub....
I booked (I think) Disney's Saratoga through rci using my wyndham points. The vacation is confirmed, but no follow up emails or points showing as deducted for the trip. Should be 105,000 for a 1bd. In july.
Also my "home" resort is bonnet creek. Although I only own points not weeks.
Am I going to get screwed and lose this confirmation?
Do my wyndham points really show my home resort?

I'm just nervous because I have never used rci exchange before. :hi:

Thank you!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It says on the confirmation page that if later it is determined that you used points from the regional block (30 miles around WDW), your exchange will be canceled. Chances are, your vacation is already canceled, but you should be able to log into your RCI account and check for sure. Even if it shows up that you have the exchange now, it will likely be canceled before check in.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is for RCI Points and RCI TPUs ... Wyndham points are "washed" via the corporate RCI interface.

Call the 1-800 Wyndham line and get transfer over to the RCI agent via the link. Calling RCI direct gets you to a different support group who most likely will NOT find your account.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
It says on the confirmation page that if later it is determined that you used points from the regional block (30 miles around WDW), your exchange will be canceled. Chances are, your vacation is already canceled, but you should be able to log into your RCI account and check for sure. Even if it shows up that you have the exchange now, it will likely be canceled before check in.
This does NOT apply to Wyndham points.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you deposit to RCI before booking or doing an ongoing search?

If not, you need to ensure the right amount of Wyndham points have been deposited to RCI. you can do this via the RCI link on the Wyndham website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mnormandin3

Reaction score
Thanks all!!
I had plenty of points. I believe. Under my account there are 2 sets of points totalling 234,000.
I did deposit more, just in case!!
As far as I understand, I am able to search and book regardless of my points in rci. Any points needed will be pulled from wyndham.
However, I'm still nervous and I will definitely call wyndham.
Hopefully this will all work out and I'll have a better handle on it for next time!
Fingers crossed :whoopie:

mnormandin3

Reaction score
Thank you again!!!!

Maybe I'll actually get the hang of all this and I can actually use my points to my advantage :)

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're not allowed to post it on the DIS, but I think it's okay here.

Side note, but...this "rule" dates back to the days when Member Services would talk to anyone listed on a reservation, and not just the Member who "owned" it. Several of the DIS DVC Members got worked up about "all the money they were spending" on paying the toll-free phone costs for renters who weren't also DVC Members, and the DIS banned posting the number shortly thereafter.

Now that Member Services won't talk to anyone but the owner of record (or, in the case of an RCI exchange, the named inbound who pays the $95 fee on arrival) it's probably not a problem to post the number.

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, could you please keep us updated on this? I would like to know if your exchange went through as we are in the same situation as you. Thanks!

mnormandin3

Reaction score
Hi, could you please keep us updated on this? I would like to know if your exchange went through as we are in the same situation as you. Thanks!

As far as wyndham is concerned we are all set.
I am still waiting for the confirmation from disney. I am calling tomorrow and hopefully we're in the system and ready to go! Until I can add my reservation to my disney app I'm not convinced that everything is good!
I will certainly come back and update!

chadwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as wyndham is concerned we are all set.
I am still waiting for the confirmation from disney. I am calling tomorrow and hopefully we're in the system and ready to go! Until I can add my reservation to my disney app I'm not convinced that everything is good!
I will certainly come back and update!

Once the reservation is made with RCI you should receive a confirmation in about 48 hours if you request an email verification. Assuming you received the RCI confirmation for your Disney vacation expect RCI to take a week to send the request to place the vacation in your name at DVC. Once Disney receives the request it usually takes another week to two weeks for Disney to finally place the vacation in your name. The process at a minimum usually takes 2 weeks sometimes 3 or more. You will receive a packet in the mail from Disney with the details of your vacation and the Disney confirmation number a few weeks later.

mnormandin3

Reaction score
Once the reservation is made with RCI you should receive a confirmation in about 48 hours if you request an email verification. Assuming you received the RCI confirmation for your Disney vacation expect RCI to take a week to send the request to place the vacation in your name at DVC. Once Disney receives the request it usually takes another week to two weeks for Disney to finally place the vacation in your name. The process at a minimum usually takes 2 weeks sometimes 3 or more. You will receive a packet in the mail from Disney with the details of your vacation and the Disney confirmation number a few weeks later.

The wait is killing me!!!!!
Guess I'll wait a bit longer then. I booked it on June 4th. So we're only 10 days out. But I know if I call and we're not in the system yet I'll probably die :rofl:

chadwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
The wait is killing me!!!!!
Guess I'll wait a bit longer then. I booked it on June 4th. So we're only 10 days out. But I know if I call and we're not in the system yet I'll probably die :rofl:

I would consider calling DVC later this week. Chances are by then They will have your request but not have it processed. If you call them they will probably go ahead and process the confirmation that day especially if your trip is just a few weeks out.

mnormandin3

Reaction score
I would consider calling DVC later this week. Chances are by then They will have your request but not have it processed. If you call them they will probably go ahead and process the confirmation that day especially if your trip is just a few weeks out.

Good to know! I'll definitely give it a shot! Thanks :)

mnormandin3

Reaction score

I am confirmed and in Disney's system!!!!
Received my packet from disney and we're all set to sweat to death come July :)

Thank you all for your help. All in all this was very easy and pretty painless!

drbeetee

TUG Member
Reaction score
wyndham for dvc

Can a regular points owner use their points to exchange into DVC?

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes via RCI, not II.

The best way to do it is to use an Ongoing Search, started well in advance of your desired dates. I personally would only list my preferred resorts, not any DVC. If you don't get it and time is growing short, you can always modify your search without losing your place in the line. If you list any DVC, you will most likely get SSR or OKW, which might not be what you want.

One bedrooms are pretty commonly gotten, usually around 4-5 months from arrival date. We got a 2 BR for 12/14-21/2013, but there have not been very many 2 BRs lately.

Start early and good luck!

Edited to reflect info on a chart on the Sightings board which shows current OGS hits more in the 4 month-out range.

Last edited:

mnormandin3

Reaction score

You mean a non presidential wyndham points owner?
If so, then yes. You have to first deposit points into your rci account then you can book.
Make sure your rci account is active. The people at the rci department of wyndham are actually quite helpful!
For example, my week at the dvc resort cost me 105,000 points plus transaction fees. So be sure to deposit at least that many.

My knowledge ends about here...I'm still learning ;)

rdiamond62

Reaction score
The exchange to DVC is very simple and doable. I did the OGS and was notified about 7 months before my trip date in December that I got a 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs Resort. That seems to be the most common match (1br @SSR) which was fine with me as I wanted to be close to Downtown Disney so I can walk over often. The points cost was 77,000. I enjoy Bonnet Creek very much but we wanted to give the on-property experience a try.