• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal vacation Suites

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any info on this resort. Such as maintenance fees or if it is a new addition.
ROYAL VACATION SUITES LAS VEGAS
Not even shown on the Wyndham web site, at least not by that name.

Actually posted under Wyndham Maint fees. Got buried there.
Thanks

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can clarify some of this for you

Royal Vacation Suites is not new. It is an affiliate resort which is barely seen in the Wyndham system unless you look at Extra Vacations. It is like the unknown Step-child of Wyndham/Fairfield. Here's why:
We first got looped into Wyndham sometime around 1994-96.
Wyndham (Fairfield at the time) was co-promoting/selling Royal Vacation Suites while they were getting ready to build/sell Wyndham Grand Desert.
They only had 1-2 sales people at the time.
We bought an every other year 1 BR suite just so they would pay our yearly RCI fees as we already owned an RCI week elsewhere. The units are a converted old hotel which are either studios or 1 BR (2 hotel units linked together and remodeled) and the really the only thing notable about it is the location right across from the Las Vegas Convention Center.
We still have those points which I actually think are only Right to use until a certain year---now that I know timeshares better and probably wouldn't have bought had I know the difference.
Anyway, I think Wyndham only owns a few limited units there, because after a few years we started getting things/newletters from Trading Places International which the resort is managed by, although our points (115,000) always trade as Wyndham points and show in our Wyndham account.
The maintenance fee for 2015 is $398 +$32 program fee for (EOY) yearly total of $430. So the yearly fee for a 1 BR would $860.

Hope this answers your question.

Last edited:

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!

Thank You for the information. I was looking at an 84K account on ebay and was curious about where it fit in the Wyndham system.
Thanks again.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You for the information. I was looking at an 84K account on ebay and was curious about where it fit in the Wyndham system.
Thanks again.

This isn't a great location. It is near the convention center, but not near enough for conventions attendees to give it much value. It is near the North Strip, but that area of the Strip is pretty down-and-out.

I personally think $860MF for 84K points is on the high side.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
This isn't a great location. It is near the convention center, but not near enough for conventions attendees to give it much value. It is near the North Strip, but that area of the Strip is pretty down-and-out.

I personally think $860MF for 84K points is on the high side.

That works out to $10.24 per thousand. That's not just a little on the high side.....

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually...

It's $860 for 115,000 points (1 BR) which is $7.54 per thousand.
The 84,000 must be the studio
Still high when you compare it to my other property which is National Harbor which is $4.32 per thousand.
So I won't be sad when this contract expires.

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Expire?

Do you actually have an expiration date on your contract? The one selling on e-bay is stated as perpetual

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's $860 for 115,000 points (1 BR) which is $7.54 per thousand.
The 84,000 must be the studio
Still high when you compare it to my other property which is National Harbor which is $4.32 per thousand.
So I won't be sad when this contract expires.

I crossed your mf with OP's points.

The bottom line is that points aside, I wouldn't pay $860 to stay at that location for any week except 52.

The Ebay ad shows $630, for &.50 per thousand. I have learned not to trust the precision of the advertised mf on ebay, though.

Last edited:

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I crossed your mf with OP's points.

The bottom line is that points aside, I wouldn't pay $860 to stay at that location for any week except 52.

The Ebay ad shows $630, for &.50 per thousand. I have learned not to trust the precision of the advertised mf on ebay, though.

Right Preston, But my interests is not looking for a place to stay, but to obtain relatively low MF's and use the points to go elsewhere. And also to buy points way cheaper than developers.
On that MF, that does include the program fee also, so that would be a bit less if you owned a couple of other contracts. You only pay 1 program fee, so it would be split amongest the total contracts you owned. So if you remove that from that 7.50 per K, might be an tad lower.

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great question

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but I've been timesharing and had it for so long I couldn't remember for sure. I guess it was time to reassess inventory.

So I dug up the contract, luckily finally found it where I thought it was and...

Yes it states "BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE MEMBERSHIP IS NOT AN INTEREST IN REAL PROPERTY, BUT A RIGHT TO USE MEMBERSHIP"
I purchased Feb 1999 and it expires April 1, 2041.

So I would venture that any Wyndham interests sold at this property around that time are the same.