• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Overlapping reservations -- need clarification

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know Wyndham has a rule about overlapping reservations, but I need some clarification.

I called Wyndham and the VC told me the overlapping rule only applies to overlaps at the same resort. In other words, if I had a reservation for July 1-3 at one resort and July 2-9 at another resort, the overlap rule would not apply and nothing would be canceled.

Is that correct? I don't mind having to pay the points for the overlap, but don't want to get canceled.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
There can be cancelled at different resorts if overlapping. Makes 0 sense as some resorts are so close one may want to check in before 2-4pm. Or even the night before. Or who is Wyndham to force owners to decide where they want to travel to in 15 days. Maybe I want to go to las vegas for a night from Oceanside/Anaheim and return back to my first resort without having to check out. Maybe Shawnee to NYC is the same way. Orlando to daytona or Pompano. And a lot more situations where two rooms may be desired.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know Wyndham has a rule about overlapping reservations, but I need some clarification.

I called Wyndham and the VC told me the overlapping rule only applies to overlaps at the same resort. In other words, if I had a reservation for July 1-3 at one resort and July 2-9 at another resort, the overlap rule would not apply and nothing would be canceled.

Is that correct? I don't mind having to pay the points for the overlap, but don't want to get canceled.

I also think you got bad advice from the VC. overlapping reservations whether at the same resort or not, if booked in the same owner name, are subject to cancellation inside of 15 days. The trouble is, if you try to shorten the second one to eliminate the overlap, you could lose it. Or you may have upgraded into the 2nd reservation and the upgrade path doesn't exist anymore. Etc.

Rumpled

Reaction score
May not be really pertinent, but I have had overlapping Shell reservations at the same time.
A buddy and I went to Vegas and my wife and daughter went to Phoenix.
I called in to make the reservation rather than online to make sure it could be done.

It's points, not weeks, and Shell - but Wyndham owns Shell.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
May not be really pertinent, but I have had overlapping Shell reservations at the same time.
I called in to make the reservation rather than online to make sure it could be done.

Shell reservations made with Shell points through the Shell system would still act like a different system, even though Wyndham owns Shell, just as the rules for Worldmark are also different. And the rules for Wyndham weeks are different also, there is no prohibition for owning and using overlapping weeks, nor are guest confirmations required for weeks reservations (at least they didn't use to be... like Worldmark just call and give the name to the resort).

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score

Our situation is different. All of the reservations are being made in my name, and my wife is not an option because she is not an owner (our account is owned by a family trust, and she is not a trustee).

I wonder, though, if I made the add-on reservation in her name and used a Guest Confirmation if that would avoid the cancellation issue?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our situation is different. All of the reservations are being made in my name, and my wife is not an option because she is not an owner (our account is owned by a family trust, and she is not a trustee).

I wonder, though, if I made the add-on reservation in her name and used a Guest Confirmation if that would avoid the cancellation issue?

Sure at $99 a pop Wyndham would be happy not to cancel your reservation.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
overlapping reservations

It is nice that Worldmark allows overlapping reservations. We are at Park City for a couple weeks due to birth of first grandchild. We decided to take a couple days too see some of the sites and National Parks in Southern Utah. So we were able to book a couple days at St George in southern Utah without giving up our unit at Park City. Thus we were able to just pack a go bag for the couple days and leave most of our stuff (bikes, kayaks, etc) at Park City.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please clarify, can I have one reservation from July 9 to July 16, and then another one from July 16 to July 23 and then again July 23 to July 30?
Is this considered overlapping reservations?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, those are not overlapping, because you check out of the first/second resort in the morning, and check in to the second/third in the afternoon. An overlapping reservation would be e.g. 7/9-7/16 and 7/15-7/22.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, those are not overlapping, because you check out of the first/second resort in the morning, and check in to the second/third in the afternoon. An overlapping reservation would be e.g. 7/9-7/16 and 7/15-7/22.

Great thank you Brian

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hopefully Wyndham does not get technical with resorts in different time zones.

With resorts in Asia, Hawaii, Australia is it the dates overlapping or the same time overlapping with US resorts?