• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancellations not coming back?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed an increase in cancellations not coming back recently? I lost reservations at Panama City Beach (not too surprising given the reported shortages at Destin/Emerald Grande); but in the past 2 nights I have not had any of these cancellations return:

Bonnet Creek
National Harbor
Great Smokies Lodge

I did check again first thing in the morning just in case, but they just didn't come back.

travelwyndham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's happening more and more. I was told that if a resort is getting ready to do a renovation then the units will automatically be pulled from inventory if they are canceled. When they renovated tower 5 at Bonnet Creek it was a huge mess. Then recently Daytona. Over the last 2 days, I've had a strange thing keep happening when trying to Book La Belle in NO... Tons of inventory would be available, I'd book the week I wanted and went I hit confirm- it said no longer available. Then same thing a few hours later.

happyhopian

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed an increase in cancellations not coming back recently? I lost reservations at Panama City Beach (not too surprising given the reported shortages at Destin/Emerald Grande); but in the past 2 nights I have not had any of these cancellations return:

Bonnet Creek
National Harbor
Great Smokies Lodge

I did check again first thing in the morning just in case, but they just didn't come back.

Yes Rob when I spoke with the OCR about the Destin issue they told me all the beach properties were oversold. I am still trying to figure out how they do that. At first I thought maybe it was just a ploy against people who have a cancel/rebook history and they were just blocking certain folks from rebooking but if that were the case the units would still return and show up again at some point. I also thought maybe they were just holding them for x period of time, again they simply never showed back up (as far as I know).

I encourage you to call OC and raise hell about it. Give them the old confirmation number and tell them that you want to know why it didn't return. Have them contact the room control property manager while you wait on hold and tell them that you are hot about it and you want to know where that unit(s) went - A back into inventory B to another wyndham and if so how long after you canceled was it booked C to a blank spot in inventory to undo an over booked or maint situation where the inventory had been set to -x (negative) in the computer. Understand that you have to get the 'right' OC to help as some will just claim this is nonsense. Post back what you learn please. Be warned they will tell you that you cancel at your own peril - none of that has anything to do with why the computer is taking back more and more reservations and we should at least know the rules if that is in fact happening at an escalated rate

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
And now I'm seeing inventory at Bonnet Creek - shows as available - but when I try to book it, is says unit unavailable and upgrade unavailable. It's weird.

Thanks, these are reservations I'm not hot about, and was more curious about whether others were seeing the same thing.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen availability un related to a cancel and rebook attempt, that when I go to book it, I get the message that it's not available. I think this is different than it not coming back after I cancel something. But I don't know

What I do know is I did a cancel and rebook and upgrade at Palm Aire yesterday

I also know I'm making two reservations now if i think I might want to cancel and rebook later. Having a backup gives me considerable peace of mind

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The system isn't allowing upgrades either. The resort show rooms and when I take existing reservations and attempt to upgrade I get the same message, "We apologize for the inconvenience, but the room you requested is no longer available. Please select another room for this reservation."

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to obtain room upgrades on existing reservations by calling Wyndham Reservations and have them do it manually - doing it online wasn't working. I also made 2 new reservations through them that I couldn't do online because it wasn't taking what was showing either. So if there is something showing and it won't take online, try calling...

travelwyndham

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a ton of cancel and rebooks today finishing my reservations up for the month of July and August at Kona Hawaiian. I did a few others, too and I didn't have any problems. Last few days I did have the problem when trying to book for someone else at La Belle (NO). Units showed as available, but when I hit confirm it said there was an error and the unit was no longer available (while it was on hold for me).