• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort doesn't have our reservation!

billybilbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation for the Midtown 45 in NYC in November. I had my online reservation (no letter though) for a One Bedroom Deluxe. This resort is an older hotel that is being renovated, and on the reservation it is noted that non-renovated units are offered at a cheaper point rate until December 2014. These one-bedroom units sleep only 2 persons--not four as you would expect with a pull-out queen sofa.

I was concerned about this, so I called Wyndham and they checked Midtown 45. Sure enough, they had me booked for a one-bedroom, not deluxe, which would not have a sleeper sofa. Wyndham did have me booked for a Deluxe, but Midtown did not. The points are very high for Midtown, so they had better get it right.

Wyndham is checking this out and will verify for me. The point is--always check before going anywhere.

travelplus

Reaction score
So we drove 11 hours from Pompano, Florida, to Villa Rica, Georgia, to find Villa Rica didn't have our reservation. Called Wyndham and they had a unit number and confirmation, but the resort still couldn't "find" it! 2 hours later the manager finally put us in a non-Wyndham unit, but the Wyndham staff did nothing! Not too happy! Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else and what did you do about it?

This is the exact reason why I call up the resort to ensure that they have my reservation and to make requests. I will also call the resort again a few days before cehckin to rectify any problems then especially if its located far from my home.

I also ask the resort to e-mail me a copy of the reservation they have in their system as evidence.

If I arrived at the resort and they did not give me the unit entitled to me I would stand firm and ensure that they rectify the situation especially after having the proper documentation. Sometimes they will think that you agreed to the non-Wyndham unit and fail to move you to your promised unit.

I would ask to speak with the Front Desk Manager and have them call the reservations department to see why they did not fax over the reservation

The way the system works is you make a reservation and they have to fax it over to be manually entered which in my opinion is very archaic. In the Travel Industry there is a live reservation so as soon as you book the inventory or within 24 hours the inventory gets pulled and the vendor can see the reservation right away with your confirmation #.

I think resorts and RCI/Interval should implement a Sabre/Amadeus Computer Reservation System that allows you to see live inventory and it automatically gets downloaded into the system. This avoids any overbookings for the most part and allows you to send over your requests along with the reservation which get added to the reservation notes

Also if you book 2 weeks it would exchange under the same reservation# and put your unit in"Do Not Move Status" so you keep the same room and the keys are programmed for the entire stay.

Would make it simpler for all parties involved.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation for the Midtown 45 in NYC in November. I had my online reservation (no letter though) for a One Bedroom Deluxe. This resort is an older hotel that is being renovated, and on the reservation it is noted that non-renovated units are offered at a cheaper point rate until December 2014. These one-bedroom units sleep only 2 persons--not four as you would expect with a pull-out queen sofa.

I was concerned about this, so I called Wyndham and they checked Midtown 45. Sure enough, they had me booked for a one-bedroom, not deluxe, which would not have a sleeper sofa. Wyndham did have me booked for a Deluxe, but Midtown did not. The points are very high for Midtown, so they had better get it right.

Wyndham is checking this out and will verify for me. The point is--always check before going anywhere.

LOL - if you call the resort directly and they ask, "where did you book" and you answer "Wyndham," the staff generally takes a decidedly cooler tone... like you're one of "those timeshare people".

You don't have to get overly excited yet. Wyndham doesn't even send the reservations over to Midtown 45 until inside the cancellation window. So what you need to do is call Owner Services and tell them you need to be in a "renovated" unit (i.e., has a sleeper sofa) and the resort can't tell you because they don't have your reservation yet. Wyndham should notate your account to give you the ability to cancel and get all points back within the cancellation window since they can't tell you in advance whether you are getting the unit type you reserved. At least that's what they did for me.

lcml11

Reaction score
So we drove 11 hours from Pompano, Florida, to Villa Rica, Georgia, to find Villa Rica didn't have our reservation. Called Wyndham and they had a unit number and confirmation, but the resort still couldn't "find" it! 2 hours later the manager finally put us in a non-Wyndham unit, but the Wyndham staff did nothing! Not too happy! Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else and what did you do about it?

In my case, Wyndham would not get involved and overturn the Resort decision to not give us one of the rooms that was booked with my Wyndham points through Wyndham. All they would do is return the points after all of the use days were gone. There position that whether you get your reservation or not is the resorts. There were two reservations, one in my name and one in someone else's name with concurrent dates.

Last edited:

slabeaume

Reaction score
In my case, Wyndham would not get involved and overturn the Resort decision to not give us one of the rooms that was booked with my Wyndham points through Wyndham. All they would do is return the points after all of the use days were gone. There position that whether you get your reservation or not is the resorts. There were two reservations, one in my name and one in someone else's name with concurrent dates.

I still don't understand how the Wyndham corporate office had our room number, but the Wyndham personnel onsite didn't. Wouldn't they have had to tell corporate what room we got? I think they forgot to make our packette and when they were called on their after hours number (the Wyndham personnel at Villa Rica's after hours number), she didn't do anything even though the guard at the gate told her we had talked to corporate and they confirmed our reservation. If it hadn't been for the guard knowing the manager of that particular building we were suppose to be in, we would probably still be there waiting for our room. Corporate did refund us the points, but that really wasn't very much since we're VIP Platinum and I got the reservation within 60 days.

lcml11

Reaction score
I still don't understand how the Wyndham corporate office had our room number, but the Wyndham personnel onsite didn't. Wouldn't they have had to tell corporate what room we got? I think they forgot to make our packette and when they were called on their after hours number (the Wyndham personnel at Villa Rica's after hours number), she didn't do anything even though the guard at the gate told her we had talked to corporate and they confirmed our reservation. If it hadn't been for the guard knowing the manager of that particular building we were suppose to be in, we would probably still be there waiting for our room. Corporate did refund us the points, but that really wasn't very much since we're VIP Platinum and I got the reservation within 60 days.

In my case, Wyndham can call the resort and find out what room number was assigned, but the decision to give you the scheduled room is up to them. In my case, the Manager or someone pretending to be the Manager assured them they had my room and would give it to me. They would not after many attempts. They tried to cover their tracks with the resort just reporting us as a no show for the room. That is why I got my points back from Wyndham, Wyndham Corporate was a phone witness with the purported manager, etc. and knew the room that was in each of two different names were on site and that the resort just would not give me the room.

slabeaume

Reaction score
In my case, Wyndham can call the resort and find out what room number was assigned, but the decision to give you the scheduled room is up to them. In my case, the Manager or someone pretending to be the Manager assured them they had my room and would give it to me. They would not after many attempts. They tried to cover their tracks with the resort just reporting us as a no show for the room. That is why I got my points back from Wyndham, Wyndham Corporate was a phone witness with the purported manager, etc. and knew the room that was in each of two different names were on site and that the resort just would not give me the room.

What resort was that? I want to make sure I never make reservations for it!

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI Wyndham Corporate has nothing to with UDI points reservations.

This function is performed by VOI Trust circa 1991.

However, specific room assignments are generally responsibility of resort.

slabeaume

Reaction score
FYI Wyndham Corporate has nothing to with UDI points reservations.

This function is performed by VOI Trust circa 1991.

However, specific room assignments are generally responsibility of resort.

I'm not sure Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Plantation is a UDI resort. How do you know which places are UDI and which ones aren't? I just looked in my Members Directory (granted it's from 2007-2008). It says Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Plantation is Wyndham managed (except for Tara III building) There are Tara I, II, and III buildings, as well as Tara Gardens and Tara Cove buildings. We were put in the one building not managed by Wyndham, so I assume Fairfield Plantation must have let Corporate Wyndham know we were in Tara III since when I called Corporate they were able to tell me our unit number as well as the building. I guess that made the Wyndham people there at Villa Rica (Fairfield Plantation) decide they didn't need to help me since we were in the 1 building they don't manage?!

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Plantation is a UDI resort. How do you know which places are UDI and which ones aren't? I just looked in my Members Directory (granted it's from 2007-2008). It says Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Plantation is Wyndham managed (they didn't need to help me since we were in the 1 building they don't manage?!

I do not know who owners at this resort are. However, with Fairfield in name would assume it is UDI if developed after 1991. Also in Directory would infer Wyndham has UDI points there although maybe affiliated!

There are a few resorts which Wyndham purchased from other Developers and have original purchaser owning fixed weeks during prime season, WorldMart owning some and others UDI points.

Dolphin's Cove and AVP come to mind. Not sure on Star Island.

There are several buckets of inventory and generally free standing.

Wyndham does manage several more even though not original Developer. Think part of current WAAM program.

Go to Wyndham web site and order a free 2014 Directory. A lot has happened in last 6+ years.:eek:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not know who owners at this resort are. However, with Fairfield in name would assume it is UDI if developed after 1991. Also in Directory would infer Wyndham has UDI points there although maybe affiliated!

There are a few resorts which Wyndham purchased from other Developers and have original purchaser owning fixed weeks during prime season, WorldMart owning some and others UDI points.

Dolphin's Cove and AVP come to mind. Not sure on Star Island.

There are several buckets of inventory and generally free standing.

Wyndham does manage several more even though not original Developer. Think part of current WAAM program.

Go to Wyndham web site and order a free 2014 Directory. A lot has happened in last 6+ years.:eek:

This is part of the Legacy collection. It was developed prior to 1991 and points based here are converted fixed weeks. (Developed 1979-1984). I don't believe there are any UDI deeds here. I'm not sure the distinction makes much difference however.

That being said, as has been noted by others - regardless of what Wyndham thinks you have, it's still a good idea to confirm with the resort(s) directly as they are responsible for room assignments.