• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham books?

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How often do new Wyndham directories come out? It's like waiting for the Sears Christmas Wish Book...

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I've never gotten one

For the last couple of years you have to log in to your account, select "at your service", then "directories", and then you can request a printed copy at the bottom of the page.

That being said, lately it's been about 14 months between them.

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks much!

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For the last couple of years you have to log in to your account, select "at your service", then "directories", and then you can request a printed copy at the bottom of the page.

That being said, lately it's been about 14 months between them.

I've requested one twice... Never showed up. I just log into the website or download the electronic version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How often do new Wyndham directories come out? It's like waiting for the Sears Christmas Wish Book...

Don't confuse the Directory with the "Dream Book" they have been touting lately as a (cough) $75 value or as part of an incentive to attend a sales presentation. It is reportedly nothing more than a collection of pretty pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are BOTH very pretty picture books.

I did notice that they last Member Directory has reduced some of the printed info (the rules) to add the pictures of resorts they have since moved to Club Wyndham Pass.

I am sure the costs of constant updating (and printing) the Member Directory with MORE resorts (or products, like Club Wyndham Pass with Shell) verses the removal of the Worldmark (and other affiliates) and not adding the Shell Vacation Club units) will be weighed. I know Wyndham took too long for updates in the past - promising and delaying. But the quality was excellent in the earlier versions (not this last one).

As for the future versions - I almost expect ONLY the online version will be updated. You want a copy - you will have to pay. Or a printed version will ONLY be available every 7+ years - after a major upgrade of the program.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
To get a printed Club Wyndham Member's Directory you can request it online or call and speak to a Wyndham agent to get one (if still available).

As my understanding goes, you can get one for FREE every time a new edition comes out. I have never had to pay for ONE copy.

In 2015, there should be a new version. Call Wyndham in 2015 to find out if they have the NEW edition.

If they have it available and you want a Printed hard copy, you can order it. They do not come to your home automatically without a request for one.

Once logged into your account at www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com
at the top of the page under the category of "AT YOUR SERVICE" from the drop down menu is "Directories"

https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/member/directories/directories.do

You currently have a choice to open up the online version to browse and look at the resorts. Here is a link to the Wyndham 2013-2014 Member's Directory: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/2013657298WMD/

2013-2014 Club Wyndham Directory Supplement link:

http://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshu...upplementd.pdf

Wyndham Club Pass Member's Directory link: https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.c...supplement.pdf

You should have the choice to order a printed copy.

Order your printed copy online (Do this if you are logged in).

You can find all of this information posted with links here on Tug BBS at the top of the page in the Wyndham Resorts section. STICKY is WYNDHAM INFORMATION and ADVICE ARTICLES

link: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128302

Hopefully, after January 2015 the NEW Club Wyndham Member's Directory will be made available for ordering? Usually it takes a few months after the new year for Wyndham to say they are in-stock and available. Like I said before, I could always get ONE COPY FREE. Hopefully, it stays that way?

Cynthia T. :)

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure that one way or the other, we as owners end up paying the cost for the printed books. While it can be handy, I agree with those who say the cost for printing, distribution, etc. is too high given the rate at which it becomes outdated. And printed errors last forever while onlines can be corrected overnight. Look at the printed copy for the Tropicana in LV and compare it to online to see what I mean.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure that one way or the other, we as owners end up paying the cost for the printed books. While it can be handy, I agree with those who say the cost for printing, distribution, etc. is too high given the rate at which it becomes outdated. And printed errors last forever while onlines can be corrected overnight. Look at the printed copy for the Tropicana in LV and compare it to online to see what I mean.

Good point, Eric! Yes, I agree. I am sure we are paying for the printed copy one way or another? However, I still enjoy getting one in the mail too. I also agree with the OP that it is like waiting for the Christmas wish book to arrive!

I checked my 2013-2014 hard copy for the Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory. From a quick glance - it looks exactly the same as the online version? I think on the resort reservation's home page some things may be updated?

Wyndham does update the website with some new things. I like reading online the category > What's New. Additionally, most of the reservations that I make are made online. The Wyndham website is very handy tool. I do not use the Wyndham call center that often.

My current Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory gets so much use that it is starting to fall apart! LOL!!!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point, Eric! Yes, I agree. I am sure we are paying for the printed copy one way or another? However, I still enjoy getting one in the mail too. I also agree with the OP that it is like waiting for the Christmas wish book to arrive!

I checked my 2013-2014 hard copy for the Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory. From a quick glance - it looks exactly the same as the online version? I think on the resort reservation's home page some things may be updated?

Wyndham does update the website with some new things. I like reading online the category > What's New. Additionally, most of the reservations that I make are made online. The Wyndham website is very handy tool. I do not use the Wyndham call center that often.

My current Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory gets so much use that it is starting to fall apart! LOL!!!

Look at the unit information. It matters if you're trying to figure out the unit configuration/number and type of beds. In the hard copy, the unit information is shown as 2 different types of hotel rooms. The online version lists the correct unit information.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
The VOI Trust which is funded by our POA fees and specific user fees spends over a million dollars a year on Directory and other publications.

The pregnant question is, does Sales reimburse for all their copies???:ponder:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
The VOI Trust which is funded by our POA fees and specific user fees spends over a million dollars a year on Directory and other publications.

The pregnant question is, does Sales reimburse for all their copies???:ponder:

Probably not directly, only indirectly through the portion of the POA fees paid on the unsold inventory. I wonder if the "DREAM" book was also funded in this manner as an "other publication" or if that at least comes out of the marketing budget.

Martdoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not the recommended way to get one, but...

Went to a presentation at Bonnet Creek with in laws this summer to get comps, they broke us into groups and separated us to work us over separately (thank God for texting), but MIL ended up signing (price for not answering all our texts). Helped her rescind the next day, but, I got all the Wyndham literature they gave her, including the current directory and dream book.

So I read through it driving back to NC. But after all the stress MIL went through, not worth the route to get it!

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not the recommended way to get one, but...

Went to a presentation at Bonnet Creek with in laws this summer to get comps, they broke us into groups and separated us to work us over separately (thank God for texting), but MIL ended up signing (price for not answering all our texts). Helped her rescind the next day, but, I got all the Wyndham literature they gave her, including the current directory and dream book.

So I read through it driving back to NC. But after all the stress MIL went through, not worth the route to get it!

I would have WALKED OUT if they had done that to me (separating the family members), dragging everyone with me. Did your MIL have the income required to purchase or to tour by herself?

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many rescission terms specify all materials be returned or a reasonable fee deducted from deposit.

As I recall, other posters indicated typically around $50. So do not toss!

Ballen0351

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never get asked for sales presentations anymore. Last 2 years and 4 different resorts. Last time I even asked to go to one they said they didn't have room on the Schedule. I always liked getting the free stuff

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is definitely getting more selective. Main Man has stated objective is to makes "sales pitches" more productive. A couple other posters have indicated they are persona non grata.

Current wrinkle is $25 for owner's relation person to do a 30 minute group presentation. However, all he does is throw out things like Pathway and say need to discuss with personal rep.

After 30 minutes rep tries to drag you to 2 hour sales pitch. Just a modified version of survey or owner update.

Understand they are now again offering owners pre-approved credit for enough to make another purchase!

Martdoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Linda,no MIL could not afford the timeshare, well, not without being very, very cash strapped. Retired, limited fix income, this would have not been good. In fact, the reason she bought was crazy. She said the girl helping/ selling to her was so nice, she felt obligated to let them run her credit, etc, but she fully expected to fail the financial tests and be told thanks for stopping by. Next thing you know, they are congratulating her and she is signing papers.

I will have to ask her, she did not say they charged her anything for the books, in fact she dumped them in the garbage, I had to retrieve them.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Linda,no MIL could not afford the timeshare, well, not without being very, very cash strapped. Retired, limited fix income, this would have not been good. ......

I regularly get asked to the Owners' Update where I say my credit score is too low AND NO, you CAN NOT RUN my credit ... as each inquiry LOWERS the score further. And I try to make sure if any other "marks" are nearby, that I am loud enough for them to hear me. Dang, they lie; so, I lie. It is MY vacation time - it is NOT worth losing my time for $100 gift card.

This reinforces that some seniors are duped into signing and then start trying to pay the loan and maintenance fees ...

Tell your MIL she is not dumb or stupid - she was "had by a team of well trained con artists" who resort to lies, head games and most likely would have HELD her for hours - until she literally would have had to PUSH and SCREAM past these much younger thugs to escape. Or hoped her family would have found her -- impossible when these same hoodlums & associates would have been lying to her family (saying she left earlier; looked for her & could not find her; and another associate said she went back to their unit --- sort of like when an adult asks a child, "did you eat the cookies on the table?' -- but with 20 years of practice and no remorse).

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never get asked for sales presentations anymore. Last 2 years and 4 different resorts. Last time I even asked to go to one they said they didn't have room on the Schedule. I always liked getting the free stuff

We are in the same boat. I kinda liked the money and breakfast, and especially correcting the salesman lies. Also some were smart enough to switch to the truth and from them I learned useful things.

Ballen0351

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in the same boat. I kinda liked the money and breakfast, and especially correcting the salesman lies. Also some were smart enough to switch to the truth and from them I learned useful things.

Yeah its strange how some get asked all the time some dont. I use to get asked every time I checked in. Now last time I even asked for one and they said no. They did in turn send me 2 pre-approval letters for $30,000 to buy more points lol

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

I may just have had the misfortune of not finding the right person, but I have yet to run in to one that actually knew as much about the system as I did. And I am loathe to try to sort through the half-truths to actually get anything useful. Color me lazy, but I am not willing at this point to give up a few hours of vacation time to listen to a spiel about a product I know better than the person trying to sell it.

That being said, I did happen upon some information through back channels that I had been looking for during our last visit at Ocean Boulevard. But I didn't sit through a presentation to get it.

Ballen0351

TUG Member
Reaction score
It helps to have 4 kids and tell them "Ok kids this is the one time you get to be as bad as bad as you want" then you unleash the Kraken. Maybe they flagged us after the last time my kids spilled soda all over the carpet.