• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ARP clarification

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone help to make sure i understand?

For the myrtle Beach Resorts there's a 'blanket' sort of ARP, correct? (I know I don't have the terminology correct - reciprocal maybe??)

So can you combine the ARP from smaller contracts at different myrtle Beach Resorts for one reservation?

Example: if you had 154k at ocean Blvd and 126k at seawatch plantation could you book an ARP reservation for say 250k points?

I couldn't find the answer although this might have been answered previously

Thanks in advance

Craig

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgot to ask, same basic question, but can you combine a small CWA contract to increase the points you can ARP at a resort?

I am trying to decide what to look for if I want to moderately increase ARP on EOY contract.

Thanks

Craig

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reciprocal ARP is a totally different term - VIP GOLD and PLATINUM get 11 month booking once or twice a years (dependent on level).

But it is also specially written on several deeds - sold before resorts were finished/built to buyers who stayed and brought blind for a different resort ... someone else would have to chime in ... which resorts that was offered to.

Myrtle Beach resort is the only Regional ARP - Westwinds has deeds which are FIXED WEEK -- and the only ARP should be ONLY the underlying Fixed Week. There may be a few UDI deeds --- I would think rare if any.

Ocean Blvd has the 4 resorts which is WHY I think they did the ARP that way. Plus, they were selling from Seawatch. Also there are the Cottages .. too small of a resort to limit those small points package owners to NOT get a reservation (like in January point level) in July -- but they could book a studio in Tower 4 for the week. Plus the Grove, is that a leased property? And reason for CWA or 2 HOME RESORTs.

Those regional ARP resorts got started BEFORE CWA ... And I would think ALL the new leased properties - would be CWA.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification of terms.

So I guess my questions are:

Can you combine points from different locations for the myrtle beach regional ARP?

Can you combine a Myrtle beach resort and CWA to ARP points with the myrtle beach regional ARP?

Craig

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score

Can you combine points from different locations for the myrtle beach regional ARP? YES - CWP points. NOT sure if a deeded Westwind Fixed Week will combine as the ARP for the week is ONLY the underlying unit on the deed.

Can you combine a Myrtle beach resort and CWA to ARP points with the myrtle beach regional ARP? NO - different pools of points.

Craig

Craig,
I read all the basic terms in my multiple readings of the member directory. Then I read a lot of posts here on TUG.

It will make a lot more sense in a couple of months...stick around and learn.

antjmar

Reaction score

Can you combine points from different locations for the myrtle beach regional ARP?

Can you combine a Myrtle beach resort and CWA to ARP points with the myrtle beach regional ARP?

Craig
YES as long as they are all UDI contracts. Westwinds does have some of these as previously mentioned.

You can NOT combine a CWA contract with a UDI contract for ARP.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
If all else fails, go for Ocean Blvd - many more of these available than the others, and at lower MF's. You do have regional ARP at all MB resorts from OB, and all your OB deeds can combine. As mentioned, OB UDI's do NOT combine with CWA. CWA inventory is different.

I had not heard that you could combine UDI's from different MB resorts; I am not sure if that is always true or if it is a YMMV thing depending upon which VC you get. My experience dealing with ARP is that you need to be on it at the first available opportunity, so it might make sense to check it and get everything aligned the day before. What I mean by this is, if you have multiple contracts in your account and points were automatically pulled from a contract that you needed to save the points from for ARP, you need to get that restacked the day before. For example, let's say you have 203K at Smoky Mountains, 203K at Ocean Blvd, and 154K EOY at Westwinds. If a prior reservation pulled from OB instead of your Smokies contract, you would want to call the day before to get the points restacked, so you don't have to wait for the restack before calling for your July 4th week at MB.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If all else fails, go for Ocean Blvd - many more of these available than the others, and at lower MF's. You do have regional ARP at all MB resorts from OB, and all your OB deeds can combine. As mentioned, OB UDI's do NOT combine with CWA. CWA inventory is different.

I had not heard that you could combine UDI's from different MB resorts; I am not sure if that is always true or if it is a YMMV thing depending upon which VC you get. My experience dealing with ARP is that you need to be on it at the first available opportunity, so it might make sense to check it and get everything aligned the day before. What I mean by this is, if you have multiple contracts in your account and points were automatically pulled from a contract that you needed to save the points from for ARP, you need to get that restacked the day before. For example, let's say you have 203K at Smoky Mountains, 203K at Ocean Blvd, and 154K EOY at Westwinds. If a prior reservation pulled from OB instead of your Smokies contract, you would want to call the day before to get the points restacked, so you don't have to wait for the restack before calling for your July 4th week at MB.
I was under the impression the re-stack had to occur on the day the initial (non-MB) booking was made. Have you successfully requested a well-after-the-fact re-stack?

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone whom responded, I the understand the CWA versus regional ARP now.

I had won an auction from one of the larger e-bay sellers, and paid, but after the fact there was an issue with the actual seller, so the UDI contract was not actually available. Lots of time later, I got them to admit they didnt have what I had agreed to, but they wanted to keep the business (aka my money :mad:).

I just agreed to get a EOY odd 126K ocean blvd instead of a EOY odd 154K kingsgate that I orginally bid on. MF are a bit higher, but I thought the ARP would make up for it. Issue is, you can't get much for that point value in prime season, when the ARP matters. So I figure I will look for another myrtle beach EOY odd to supplement, and it is easier to find something if you can go to more than one resort location, but still use the regional ARP. (thanks for getting me straight on the correct terms - the owners manual doesn't reference regional ARP, but does allude to it by putting quotes around "home" resort - works for CWA too I guess - I assume the contract will define "home")

So, I do have some other question/clarification; from the responses, it seems that the regional ARP for myrtle beach is a reminent of the sales era when the resorts were being built in phases, so I think what I read into the above is that not all myrtle beach properties will necessarily have the regional ARP. Is that correct? if so, how can you tell which ones will? Do I need to ask for a copy of the UDI contract/deed with from the seller prior to making an offer? Much harder to do on e-bay, is this not? Is it easy to locate in the UDI contract (probably - once you know what to look for....I assume)

There is a towers on the grove listed for 84K EOY odd that would fit the bill pretty well......but only if it regional ARP applies and I can combine them. Or should i just just stick to Ocean blvd?? For my purposes, I think we would go to Ocean Blvd, Seawatch or the Cottages.....maybe not so much the towers, but family of 5, I see the big fun resorts being what we need/want for foreseeable future.

Thanks again for assistance, I really appreciate the help.

Craig

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression the re-stack had to occur on the day the initial (non-MB) booking was made. Have you successfully requested a well-after-the-fact re-stack?

Yes, it's YMMV depending upon whom you get. In my case it was already noted that there was an error in the way the points were stacked originally. It may also depend upon how many contracts are in the account, as larger accounts are more likely to run into the issue unknowingly. Otherwise I'd be restacking all the time and/or doing more reservations live instead of via the much less costly online approach.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone whom responded, I the understand the CWA versus regional ARP now.

I had won an auction from one of the larger e-bay sellers, and paid, but after the fact there was an issue with the actual seller, so the UDI contract was not actually available. Lots of time later, I got them to admit they didnt have what I had agreed to, but they wanted to keep the business (aka my money :mad:).

I just agreed to get a EOY odd 126K ocean blvd instead of a EOY odd 154K kingsgate that I orginally bid on. MF are a bit higher, but I thought the ARP would make up for it. Issue is, you can't get much for that point value in prime season, when the ARP matters. So I figure I will look for another myrtle beach EOY odd to supplement, and it is easier to find something if you can go to more than one resort location, but still use the regional ARP. (thanks for getting me straight on the correct terms - the owners manual doesn't reference regional ARP, but does allude to it by putting quotes around "home" resort - works for CWA too I guess - I assume the contract will define "home")

So, I do have some other question/clarification; from the responses, it seems that the regional ARP for myrtle beach is a reminent of the sales era when the resorts were being built in phases, so I think what I read into the above is that not all myrtle beach properties will necessarily have the regional ARP. Is that correct? if so, how can you tell which ones will? Do I need to ask for a copy of the UDI contract/deed with from the seller prior to making an offer? Much harder to do on e-bay, is this not? Is it easy to locate in the UDI contract (probably - once you know what to look for....I assume)

There is a towers on the grove listed for 84K EOY odd that would fit the bill pretty well......but only if it regional ARP applies and I can combine them. Or should i just just stick to Ocean blvd?? For my purposes, I think we would go to Ocean Blvd, Seawatch or the Cottages.....maybe not so much the towers, but family of 5, I see the big fun resorts being what we need/want for foreseeable future.

Thanks again for assistance, I really appreciate the help.

Craig

I can't imagine which big seller bait and switched you originally (hopefully you can picture the sarcasm). There's a group that's famous for it and for listing things they can't deliver. Still having major issues with them but let's not pick anymore at that scab.

I would stick with Ocean Boulevard. The other MB resorts have higher MF/K and honestly, 84K EOY is probably not enough to add to get what you want. And if you're using ARP, you can't take advantage of credit pooling to get there either. There are also many more OB deeds than the others.

Because OB is more expensive to stay at points-wise than Seawatch, ToG and Westwinds, you may actually be able to get by without ARP if you book right at the 10-month mark at OB. Not all summer weeks - like July 4th - but some summer weeks, especially the shoulder weeks where either northern or southern schools are still in session.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would stick with Ocean Boulevard. The other MB resorts have higher MF/K and honestly, 84K EOY is probably not enough to add to get what you want. And if you're using ARP, you can't take advantage of credit pooling to get there either. There are also many more OB deeds than the others.

Because OB is more expensive to stay at points-wise than Seawatch, ToG and Westwinds, you may actually be able to get by without ARP if you book right at the 10-month mark at OB. Not all summer weeks - like July 4th - but some summer weeks, especially the shoulder weeks where either northern or southern schools are still in session.

Thanks Bigrob. One point to note - your pay grade may be higher than mine - so adding 84K to the 126K at least gets me a small unit for the week in prime times, which is what I am looking to ensure. 126K barely covers a 3 or 4 day stay in prime, depending on what unit you book and which resort.

I called a VC today and they confirmed that ANY myrtle beach resort has a regional ARP and that the regional ARP can be combined, so I will go back to your advice and look for something with the lowest MF/point that meets the need to get up to a point level that I think I can use/need for prime time in the area.

I also like the advice that if I want to visit OB, maybe I should go slightly off peak/off peak. Good call. I have to balance the kids school schedule though, which is a reason behind wanting to get to a level that I can ARP for prime times, even if it is only every other year, that will still be okay.

This is quite confusing to a newbie, so thank you to everyone for helping me get the correct level of understanding.

Craig

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Craig,
You and your kids must be Canadian ... school schedule -- like your Thanksgiving in October would be a GREAT time to go to MB.

Why? All the Wyndham resorts have indoor pools, sunny days would still be great to play on the beach, GOLF is cheaper and the MB Outlet malls are stuff full of great buys. And it is NOT PRIME time.

Go to Pompano Beach, it is still beach weather and all the pools are outdoors & heated. Of course, flying would kill the budget.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct!

Craig,
You and your kids must be Canadian ... school schedule -- like your Thanksgiving in October would be a GREAT time to go to MB.

Why? All the Wyndham resorts have indoor pools, sunny days would still be great to play on the beach, GOLF is cheaper and the MB Outlet malls are stuff full of great buys. And it is NOT PRIME time.

Go to Pompano Beach, it is still beach weather and all the pools are outdoors & heated. Of course, flying would kill the budget.

I'm am a crazy Canuck. Did I mention that the Leafs will win the cup this year? [talk about crazy! :p]

We already have Seawatch Plantation booked for March break 2015. I am a little worried that the weather may not be quite as warm as we would like, but I think that is CanAm week in Myrtle beach. Should be fun regardless.....and the point values are WAYYYYY less for week 11. Looking forward to it regardless.

So your point is taken and true. A little offseason can make the cost a lot more reasonable.

I figured if I got roped into the bait and switch, I want to be able to utilize the ARP - it does have some value to it. At the same time, I want to be careful that I don't bite off too much in terms of long term financial commitments. I think I have read you give that sort of cautious advice at least a few times.......which rings quite true for me.

Thanks again to everyone.

Regards,

Craig