• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mosquitos at lagunamar ?

adanac1

TUG Member
Reaction score
With all this media about mosquitos in the south, anyone at the resort now in the area seeing any issues with the pests.
I see online some restaurants even have mosquitos repellent at each table which tells me it might be an issue.
Heading to cancun in two weeks and am a little nervous

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're not pregnant or planning to get pregnant in the near future, I wouldn't be overly concerned. There are mosquitoes in the Yucatan, and the Zika virus (among others) is present, so take precautions to prevent bug bites. Our family is traveling around Vietnam right now (LOTS of nasty disease carrying mosquitoes!), so putting on a layer of bug repellant is a daily ritual before we go outside. I'm happy to report only one bug bite in a month of travel so far. Bring insect repellent with you to Lagunamar - and use it!

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that strong breeze along the Beach keeps them grounded in WLR.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never seen a mosquito at WLR. I would avoid inland areas and the lagoons, as well as any areas at dusk.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
We have always gone to Lagunamar in the fall where it rains almost every day and we have never seen a mosquito.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
None in January, as far as we could tell

We go every year in January and have never encountered a mosquito. That includes when dining outdoors at places like El Fish Fritanga, The Blue Gecko, Porfirio's, and La Habichuela Sunset, as well at at Lagunamar.

KevinWells18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with mosquito's at Lagunamar during our trips. Even the outdoor dining experiences have been bug free!

adanac1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you to those that offered their experiences. We will be there in two weeks and the only activity we have booked is the xplor park which I believe is down the coast a bit. I suspect it will be fine but just wanted to hear from those that have been their and what they have seen.

Thank you again

Cheers