• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do I need to contact II for a refund?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I had an ongoing search in II using an AC. Since I could have been matched up to a two bedroom I paid II $299. My search came through with a one bedroom. The one bedroom charge is listed on the AC as $249. :shrug:

Do I need to contact II and ask for a refund for the $50 difference, or will they do this automaticaly? I have never used an automatic search with an AC before.

Thanks,

Ray

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Well I called II today and spoke with a Marriott Customer and was told I will NOT get a refund of the $50.00 difference:annoyed: . This was not explaned to me when they took the $299 at the time I put in the request. The said it is stated in the terms and condition on the website, I have not found it yet.

I feel this is dishonest on IIs part. Has this been just somthing I missed?:shrug:

I asked about this when they called me to confirm the exchange and was told they would exchange the difference but I needed to call back after the 24 hour waiting period and it was confirmed. I most likley still would have taken it, but they should have told me the truth before it was too late for me to turn down the 1 bedroom.

Was everybody aware of this but me?

Ray

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nothing new for II

Welcome to II. Enjoy the "service". SOP.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't believe you will find anything on II's website about this. The T&C for ACs are printed on the AC itself.

I'm not sure, but the answer you got doesn't sound correct. The fee for a 1BR is supposed to be $249. I suppose it's possible that the person you talked to got confused when you went through the entire story. It might be more likely that the rep isn't well informed. It's probably even more likely than that that I'm not well informed! :)

I would call back and simply say, "I used an AC for a 1BR and I was charged $299. I think I was overcharged because my AC says the fee should have been $249 for a 1BR." Don't elaborate. Let them take it from there and see what happens.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I don't believe you will find anything on II's website about this. The T&C for ACs are printed on the AC itself.

I'm not sure, but the answer you got doesn't sound correct. The fee for a 1BR is supposed to be $249. I suppose it's possible that the person you talked to got confused when you went through the entire story. It might be more likely that the rep isn't well informed. It's probably even more likely than that that I'm not well informed! :)

I would call back and simply say, "I used an AC for a 1BR and I was charged $299. I think I was overcharged because my AC says the fee should have been $249 for a 1BR." Don't elaborate. Let them take it from there and see what happens.

Good advice Dave. I did sak to speak to a someone else and got the same story. I asked if they had a complaint form and was told they would fill one out and I heard typing going on.

If when they called to confirm the week I was told about this, I may or may not have taken it. I was realy hoping for Boardwalk, Beach Club, or Wilderness Lodge. If it had been any one of those I would have been so happy the $50 would not have mattered.

I hope in the long run the $50 will be forgotten, however it is this type of thing that gets under my skin:mad: . I just hope I can "forget about it" and be happy my DVC came through on the AC in June.

Ray

Last edited:

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
We've always been charged what the AC said we should be charged for on a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom. That's really strange. Did you forget to add the tax? They have started adding tax on AC's and Getaways.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
We've always been charged what the AC said we should be charged for on a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom. That's really strange. Did you forget to add the tax? They have started adding tax on AC's and Getaways.

II charged me $299.00 on 10-22-07 the day my exchange went through.:shrug:

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Here are the Terms and Conditions from the AC:

""You can select from a wide variety of exciting destinations and dates as listed on the back of this Certificate and reserve from one year until just 24 hours before travel. If you plan at least 60 days in advance, and your choice is not immediately available, you may place a request. If you are planning your vacation less than 59 days prior to your desired travel date, you may choose from any travel destinations available through our Flexchange program and be issued an Instant Confirmation.

Special Instructions: DEPOSIT MAILER OFFER
Note: This Certificate may not be used to travel to your Home Resort or within Your Home Resort Group. "Your Home Resort Group" means any resort affililiated or under common ownership or management with your Home Resort.

To redeem your Resort Accommodation Certificate visit:
www.intervalworld.com
Or call 305-666-1884 800-828-8200

This Certificate is non-extendable and travel must be completed by the xpiration date noted above. You must be an Interval member in good standing at the time you redeem and travel through this Certificate. This Certificate may not be bartered, is non-transferable, has no cash value and is not valid for travel during Passover Week, and Easter. Some Christmas and New Year Holidays restrictions may apply only to some grid destinations. This Certificate may not be used to travel to any resort where use is restricted. Accommodations are subject to availability. All Interval International Terms and Conditions of Individual Membership and Exchange apply, except where noted to the contrary, including payment of applicable taxes. This Certificate may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other certificate, or
other similar discount or reduction program. This Certificate may be redeemed only by the Interval member named on the Certificate. To give the right to use the resort accommodations to someone else, however, you may purchase a Guest Certificate to be used in conjunction with the redemption of this Certificate. II’s Exchange Cancellation Policy does not apply to confirmations pursant to the redemption of this certificate."