• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TS Resort Suggestions for Cabo

buceo

Reaction score
After our 3 days for two at the RIU with AI ($500/day ouch) we'd like to move to a timeshare for the following week. I ask because Villa del Palmar (next door) does not appear to have in-unit WiFi (really?). Arco I think has it, only seen mentioned WITH AI, maybe available without ? So, we can go anywhere in Cabo; a 1 BR, 1 BA water view with in unit WiFi (fee OK), not AI that we can check for rentals. Any timeshares for that wish list, much appreciated ? Thank you.

Karenann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Solmar

I would suggest Grand Solmar. While you can't swim in the ocean there, there are ocean views from most units and the pools are fabulous. Restaurants are excellent and great service wonderful. Optional meal plan.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
great in room wifi (and not AI) at Cabo Villas and Hacienda Encantada.
Service is spotty at Playa Grande and PBS
Or Bahia Hotel is inexpensive and has good wifi in most rooms.

maja651

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at Grand Solmar 2 times and really like it there. It can be hard to get a trade there though unless you go off season (aka the hot summer months, which by the way, I would very much discourage).

Another good one in Cabo is the Welk Sirena del Mar. My mom and her friend stayed there a couple of years ago no loved it. Bonus there is the full one bedroom unit has a washer and dryer IN the unit.

Las Residencias golf and beach club is a really nice trade as well. We got lucky and got a 3 bedroom last year there and it was fabulous!

I do NOT recommend Casa Dorada Golf and spa resort. It is located at the Hilton, which is nice, but the timeshare units are really outdated and have terrible 'kitchens' and 'living rooms'.

All of the above mentioned have wifi in the rooms.

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
After our 3 days for two at the RIU with AI ($500/day ouch) we'd like to move to a timeshare for the following week. I ask because Villa del Palmar (next door) does not appear to have in-unit WiFi (really?). Arco I think has it, only seen mentioned WITH AI, maybe available without ? So, we can go anywhere in Cabo; a 1 BR, 1 BA water view with in unit WiFi (fee OK), not AI that we can check for rentals. Any timeshares for that wish list, much appreciated ? Thank you.

Both Villa del Palmar and Villa del Arco have WiFi available in the rooms and both are available with and without AI. Rentals are available from the resorts (expensive) or on TUG or Redweek or whatever else.

bbb

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
If you are willing to go to San Jose del Cabo I highly recommend Cabo Azul. It's a Diamond Resort and you can rent directly from them. Good, strong wi-fi in the room and around the resort. We were there a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Not AI.

If you want to stay in Cabo San Lucas, try any of the three Pueblo Bonitos. AI optional.

buceo

Reaction score
Great, great info. Thank you ! We will be renting. 90% of the time we go to our own resorts, when we don't I rent them all out and rent another. Trading cash seems to work pretty well.

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know when you are going but you could also checkout II Getaways if you are a member. There are plenty of getaways through this year at varying prices. As Beach.bar.bob has said, there is WiFi at Villa del Palmar but it is not free for non-owners, and AI is not mandatory unless you purchase that type of package through a TA. I happen to like the studios at VdP as they have a bigger kitchen than those at del Arco. You can get a studio for as little as $297! One BRs are not as plentiful but can be gotten as low as $397. I see no availability before July for either.

buceo

Reaction score
Thanks. We are not going until Feb (I always plan way ahead, it is entertainment for me). Wedding at the Riu is Feb 2 and I plan to bite the bullet and do three days there, very enjoyable no doubt, it is jut the price tag. We do have RCI and II, not sure why, don't mind (bought some multi year sale agreements) I just tend to rent/rent out. I will look though, thank you.

herillc

TUG Member
Reaction score
PBSB wifi

I paid $12 per day wifi fee for "high speed" internet at PBSB, though it was very, very slow and cannot say it is high speed at all. My cell phone data usage internet was at least 20 times faster than PBSB's paid "high speed" internet.
If you are expecting good speed with paid internet service, exclude PBSB.

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
buceo- I don't blame you for wanting to plan ahead, especially for high season. We live in the Philly suburbs but usually fly out of Newark, NJ because United has nonstop flights. Many time I will book my flights as soon as they are posted and usually get the best price. Last year we paid $396!
I don't see any getaways for the time you will be there but that could change. WiFi at Villa del Palmar is $10/day but I think you can bet it a little cheaper of you get a weekly rate. I have never had trouble with the internet service there.
If you want me to give your name as a referral, PM me. I believe they will offer special rates if referred by an owner. I don't know what the rates are but it may be worth a try.

buceo

Reaction score
buceo-... If you want me to give your name as a referral, PM me. I believe they will offer special rates if referred by an owner. I don't know what the rates are but it may be worth a try.
Thanks, I did send a PM. I think renting from an owner will be what we'll do, but if don't mind getting a referral even if we do not use, much appreciated. If I have trouble renting from an owner I will reach out. Our Cancun week 5 suite just rented out so the way is paved to stay in Cabo instead. Thanks again everyone, looking forward to it.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
We rented a Villa del Arco unit from an owner for New Year's week this year and had a great time. I can't really remember if we paid for wifi or not, but I think we probably did. What is important to note to both owners and renters is that Villa del Arco does not honor the owner's view when it is rented. They were having everyone sign a notice at check-in. We had a terrible view onto the dirt lot where the parasailors land. All the renters we talked to had the same experience. As another timeshare owner who rents my weeks, I didn't complain to the owner as it was the first time he had rented and couldn't control it. Owners should not guarantee renters the view that they own, however, which is just wrong because they purchased that view and it should be honored no matter who is staying that week unless it is an Interval trade.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't really want to give you a suggestion until I know where you want to be located in the area. You mentioned VdP. Do you like it because of the location?

If so, you might not want a timeshare located on the corridor between the cities. Some people love the location, some don't. It depends if you like the isolation and want just the quiet of your resort. Then you'd be fine. Or maybe you're planning on renting a car and don't mind driving everywhere. There are lots of beautiful timeshares located on the corridor if you want that.

Other timeshare choices are in the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo where you have restaurants and activities that are walking distance from the timeshares. One of my favourites on Medano Beach is Club de Cascadas because it is so different from the size of what you would be experiencing at RIU. It is a small family run timeshare and has tons of Mexican charm. It's just down from VdP and a pleasant stroll along the beach into town.

buceo

Reaction score
Thanks again. We did rent a week from an owner (very large inventory owner) at VdP. He thought he had some pull so we ought to get a good view, but I will request it at check-in. That's their policy, you'll get the "best available at check-in." Just in case, I went the couple hundred extra and got ocean front at the RIU for our 3 nights there. Now waiting for southwest to post Feb fares.

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
We rented a Villa del Arco unit from an owner for New Year's week this year and had a great time. I can't really remember if we paid for wifi or not, but I think we probably did. What is important to note to both owners and renters is that Villa del Arco does not honor the owner's view when it is rented. They were having everyone sign a notice at check-in. We had a terrible view onto the dirt lot where the parasailors land. All the renters we talked to had the same experience. As another timeshare owner who rents my weeks, I didn't complain to the owner as it was the first time he had rented and couldn't control it. Owners should not guarantee renters the view that they own, however, which is just wrong because they purchased that view and it should be honored no matter who is staying that week unless it is an Interval trade.

As far as I know, owners do not "own" views unless they have a fixed week in a specific unit. Owners can no longer request a unit or view in advance; this is the only thing I am unhappy with in my membership.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
What I rented was s fixed New Year's week that was advertised as Ocean View. I don't know if the owner had a fixed unit but, if he did, they clearly wouldn't give it to us and made us sign an acknowledgement of that at check-in. At that point we weren't about to get back on the plane and go home so we took the one they gave us.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
The great thing about Cabo is that II getaways are EXTREMELY plentiful and well priced IMHO. That's almost always how we get there.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
What I rented was s fixed New Year's week that was advertised as Ocean View. I don't know if the owner had a fixed unit but, if he did, they clearly wouldn't give it to us and made us sign an acknowledgement of that at check-in. At that point we weren't about to get back on the plane and go home so we took the one they gave us.

They must have been full. The Villa Group has always given the best views to owners. The factional units in-between the Arco and VDP is called the Enstancia and Im pretty sure those units are rented by room number by the owners of those weeks.

Bill

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score

Actually all of VDA is considered ocean view, maybe not a great view but you can see the ocean. If you saw the parasailers land I would guess you were able to see some water. Ocean View and oceanfront are two different animals. With UVC you do pay a premium to be able to book Christmas and New Year's weeks but are not guaranteed a specific unit. The only time you can be guaranteed a great view is if you have one of the penthouse units which are all in prime locations. I'm not sure if all of them are 3 BR units, there may be some 2 BRs.

I happen to have a fixed week in a fixed 2BR penthouse at Villa del Palmar in Cabo. I have done some direct trades with fellow tuggers but never rented my unit. As long as I rent or trade my week my renter or trader will get my unit. If I, for myself or anyone else, reserve any other week at any of the UVC resorts I am not guaranteed a specific unit or view.