• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw a bulk deposit of
Grand Luxxe units in II for 2017. I am interested in the last week of July or first week of August but those are the only weeks with no deposits. I looked at their other locations, different room types, and at Grand Mayan, Mayan Palace and Sea Garden. The same two weeks are missing from all their locations. Anyone know why or if they might deposit these weeks later? Thanks.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I do not know - here is one speculation

Just saw a bulk deposit of
Grand Luxxe units in II for 2017. I am interested in the last week of July or first week of August but those are the only weeks with no deposits. I looked at their other locations, different room types, and at Grand Mayan, Mayan Palace and Sea Garden. The same two weeks are missing from all their locations. Anyone know why or if they might deposit these weeks later? Thanks.

My speculation is this - Vidanta (IMO) is actively expanding sales to Mexican Nationals
beyond the 4 traditional holiday weeks** that are not included in most ( International / USA / Canada ) contracts.

Those 2 weeks (last week July / first week August) could be used for prime summer vacation time for families in Mexico and perhaps they are being held back for that reason .

Management monitors occupancy /booking levels like a hotel chain (or airline) - so they could release them later .

Since all Vidanta is RTU float weeks and the resorts have unit numbers built for peak snow bird occupancy times -there is room
availability from post Easter/ mid April until late December . One way to "slim down " these unused developer weeks is to sell
to the growing Mexican middle class family ( often a multi generational buy) for summer use .

Another "slim down" is the inclusion of bonus Vida SFX Weeks in newer contract that are for deposit only to SFX with a fee .

** 4 Mexican Holiday Weeks - Christmas Week , New Years Week
Semana Santa & Pasqua ( the 2 weeks on either side of Easter )

Note - because Vidanta has contruction cost and staff cost in pesos and MF / use income in US Dollars
building units for peak snowbird season is not a financial mistake as it might be in other sun locations .

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. The multi generational buy. We had a chance to get to the country side outside Rome. Same thing. You would see a 4 unit 1/4 done and the shell of a house above. Next to it was just a foundation, for her younger sister. Same thing. My uncle, and family of 5
Lived in their basement for YEARS until they had enough money to finish the top.

Do you have any idea at what level is the hottest right now? Did you read the restaurant and entertainment email?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
M-National - multigenerational buy - explanation

That's interesting. The multi generational buy. We had a chance to get to the country side outside Rome. Same thing. You would see a 4 unit 1/4 done and the shell of a house above. Next to it was just a foundation, for her younger sister. Same thing. My uncle, and family of 5
Lived in their basement for YEARS until they had enough money to finish the top.

Do you have any idea at what level is the hottest right now? Did you read the restaurant and entertainment email?

Hi Ray ,
We have twice gone to MP PV Marina during one of the Holiday Easter Weeks
Enjoyed it a lot . Over 85 % of resort was national and similar % of visitors to PV were Mexican Nationals on holidays. Many drove from Guadalajara and Mexico City - and I saw lots of large
high end SUV's & new loaded GMC Suburbans were middle of the road .

Vidanta has a separate sales force for M - Nationals

At Nuevo the M-Nationals sales room is in a Grand Mayan building and it has the architectural scale models of the various resorts .
The Neuvo sales room for Internationals ( ie Americans & Canadians etc) is in the Grand Bliss

typical M-National family buying is - grandparents - mid 50's , son age 32 with wife and
daughter age 29 with husband and perhaps other family members including children - so 6 to 12
people . I have seen this more than once and it is very different than the typical
USA or Canadian TS sales prospective buyer .

Yes I read the email on the,new joint partner -& clicked on full news release ( Hakkasan Group)

Also - the recent email on Vidanta founder Daniel Chavez Moran being named
Entrepreneur of the year by Mexican Gov. with photo op with Prez. Nieto
and the job growth he brings to Mexico through Vidanta's success

I believe Senior Chavez is on mission that is legacy not money driven .
He wants to be know as the best developer of timeshare resorts - in the world .
- not just the best Mexican developer of resorts in Mexico

Achieving this will take money ,-but IMO it is not about him personally making MORE money .
The money it takes to achieve this goal will in part come from new TS sales and also increasing year round average resort occupancy percentage .

FYI - Senior Daniel Chavez Moran was born in 1951 according to Wikapedia

I think they are selling -All levels to different people

When we did a presentation in Feb in NV - the 16 seater stretched golf cart had us and 2 other couples . We each were dropped off at a different " door "

1) We were the owner presentation - try to upgrade door ( no sale -like what we own / good presentation )
2) couple two were in their late 60s or early 70's and owned a couple of TS - they went to the -sell with a trade in door ( saw them at the NV SEA GARDEN pool later & they bought- not sure if they traded in anything )
3 ) couple three were in their late twenties or early thirties -door 3 ( unknown result )

I think(IMO) Mayan Palace is mainstream entry level for sales to M- Nationals

but you also have the wealthy from all over Central & South American
-- did anyone say Panama corporations --

Grand Luxxe remains a strong seller I am sure

Vidanta has added a pre build product for Nuevo that is called GRAND CASCADES - based on the next build when they bring Cirque to Neuvo

There is also EASTCAPE which is in the Cabo area and (I think) is Grand Luxxe
but finish time line is not specified yet,

At the entry / starter level they have - THE COLLECTIONS which is not brand / building specific
and thereby allows reservations to fill available units or resorts without the owner saying " I am not getting what I own " . I do not believe it has an advanced booking window , but has MF on use only .SO - With no adv. book window - a week in FEBRUARY could be harder to get unless you agree to, go to the Acapulco Golf Mayan Palace units or Mazatlan Sea Garden or Puerto Penasco . A First time TUG poster last fall was( final net price) in the 9K - 12K range when sold this package in RM but ended up rescinding .

Then there are all the exit packages

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if the new restaurant and entertainment CO is good or bad

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I have no idea if the new restaurant and entertainment CO is good or bad

The April Vida Vibe has an article about the new head chef in Neuvo ( Richard Robin ) that is from France and is overseeing a staff of 250+ and all the onsite restaurants (24 total)

You cannot do the same for Cabo - where I think the Grand Mayan unit count is 300 or so . The new partner company will handle Cabo's next restaurant / entertainment level as their initial project .(Hakkasan Group is the partners name) according to Vidanta Announcement email.

I think that this partnership announcement fits into a big picture plan - when you you have 7 locations of different sizes and multiple brands and buildings .
< I don't believe you can hire a French head chef for each resort, given the size differences > so for some Vidanta brand properties -a new co- brand partner with world expertise .

BUT - it isn't all about bottom line - some of it is about legacy and next level - world class international resorts . IMO

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hakkasan is the new partner. English Co. Well known for Hakkasan brand

Sent from my GT-I9060M using Tapatalk