• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond resort points for free-2500 points

spectator

Reaction score
I have 2500 diamond resort points you can add to your existing bank of Diamond Resort points- I am giving them away as I would like to get out of my time share. This is a great way to increase your point bank. Buying these points from Diamond would cost over $5K but I am willing to give them away. pls contact me if you are interested. thank you

Marijeanl

Reaction score
I am interested in your 2500 points that your are giving away. May I ask why or if there is some kind of "catch"? Will they be useful or will I need to buy extra points or do some kind of conversion to add to the points I already own? Are this points that are good for US or are the for the european collection?

Thanks-
Marijeanl

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
As they are 'resale' points they can only be used in the Collection that they are in....not a problem though if its US as there are a lot of resorts....If it is NOT in the collection that you are in Marijeanl you will end up paying two base fees rather than just one...IF you want to use them as Global points you will have to buy a small amount of points from DRI on the condition that they will take these extra resale points and they will clean them up for you to use anywhere...:)

friedshrimp

Banned
Reaction score
As they are 'resale' points they can only be used in the Collection that they are in....not a problem though if its US as there are a lot of resorts....If it is NOT in the collection that you are in Marijeanl you will end up paying two base fees rather than just one...IF you want to use them as Global points you will have to buy a small amount of points from DRI on the condition that they will take these extra resale points and they will clean them up for you to use anywhere...:)

One needs to buy half the number of dirty points they own to turn them clean.....and it has to be stated at time of sale (for new clean points) that you want the dirty ones turned clean in the contract (so in this case, 1,250 points need to be purchased to turn the 2,500 dirty points clean.....and have it stipulated in the contract). As an FYI, Diamond is currently selling points at $7.89 per point (though that can always be negotiated downward.....I purchased enough points this year to go Gold @ $2.56 per point).

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the average price points are selling for at DRI ?

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Is DRI really selling points at $7.89 per point ? I need to share this informatiion with other DRI Club members.

I don't know what it is today but, a few years back we sat through an "owners update" and the price per point put our Polo Towers unit around $70,000. That unit has a point value of 12,000 points so that would have been $5.80 per point.

At $7.89/point, that would make a Suites at Polo Towers unit, a resort that has been sold out for years, cost $94,680 if someone wanted to purchase enough points to spend a week at that particular resort.

Last edited:

friedshrimp

Banned
Reaction score
Is DRI really selling points at $7.89 per point ? I need to share this informatiion with other DRI Club members.

I just went to a meeting yesterday @ The Liki Tiki. The current price point (it changes every quarter) is $7.87 per point.

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
list price

Is DRI really selling points at $7.89 per point ?

that is simply the list price. they will increase the list price every quarter. negotiated price varies dramatically depending on timing, package, and business environment.

friedshrimp

Banned
Reaction score
that is simply the list price. they will increase the list price every quarter. negotiated price varies dramatically depending on timing, package, and business environment.

Well of course. I haven't seen any timeshare company whose prices weren't negotiable. That being said, DRI's list price is much higher since they went public and even with negotiations are probably getting more per point than they used to because of starting at a higher price point.

Last edited: