• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free: Fantasy World Resorts Gold Week Townhomes in Kissimmee FL

krevvie

Reaction score
Fantasy World Resorts - 2 bed/2 bath townhomes (http://www.fantasyworldresort.com/accommodations/.)

They also offer an Interval Exchange program where you can swap your weeks in a given year with another location of theirs for a fee ($150 or so, I think.)

We own Gold Weeks; the calendar for that is located at http://www.fantasyworldowners.com/2014-2016-vvf-resort-calend.pdf. Platinum weeks can be requested at an upcharge of $25.

Maintenance Fees were $718 for 2015. Those are already paid, and we're happy to pay the title transfer fees as well.

Current Reservations - We've requested Memorial Day weekend, Friday May 22 through Friday May 29th 2015. I will update this post when that request is confirmed or denied.

We mean for this to be literally free to you, hopefully with a reserved week already in place and waiting. Please let me know if you have any questions!

krevvie

Reaction score
The reservation for May 22 through May 29th is confirmed. Also, criticism of my initial post is welcome, too.

krevvie

Reaction score
Bump! The property is still available, so we might try listing it on Craigslist soon.

krevvie

Reaction score
Bump! Does anyone have any experience posting on Craigslist successfully? I posted a ton of different ads and got flagged for spam. I'm guessing I didn't leave enough specific information per post (because I don't know things like the unit's exact square footage), but I don't actually know what went wrong.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Craigslist does not permit multiple Ads for the same item. If you posted a lot of Ads for the same thing, they will get you every time.

Craigslist is not moderated, and other posters can "flag" or delete your Ads. It does absolutely no good to ask for help in their [help] forum. The people who "help" you do not work for CL - they are just a bunch of smart asses, who like to harass people who want help.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Denise is right, asking in the flag help forum will often get your ads flagged too, it draws attention.

Craigslist is moderated, just not by employees, its community moderated and thats how Craig likes it. There are some automated checks too that will block ads that are the same, its called "ghosting", your ad never shows up. Here is the text from the help page:

"Posts may be removed or omitted from index pages and search results by automated systems, CL staff, or community moderation—for non-compliance with terms of use, site guidelines, and/or community norms."

Community Norms will get you, if there are enough flaggers determined not to have timeshare ads in their area, nothing you can do about it.

If you are trying to post "tons" then you were rightly flagged.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

krevvie

Reaction score
Sorry, I should clarify: I posted "tons," but only one in each of city for a bunch of cities. My logic was to just throw the net wide, not antagonize CL users by bombarding them. Would the "ghosting" thing catch those too?

edit for typo

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have no luck in giving mine away if you can't get rid of this!

Wow! This is free and clear for someone who wants a Orlando timeshare.
I just posted mine for free, but the 2015 Maintenance fee and property tax isn't paid for and I want them to pay the transfer!

Last edited:

krevvie

Reaction score
Well, we're definitely interested in giving it away. We haven't been in years and we're not likely to make it back for more years yet.

If CL is out, does anybody have any ideas on where else to post this?

krevvie

Reaction score
Apparently I wasn't clear enough in the initial post. We are looking for someone to take ownership of this timeshare, not simply use the week. We are not going to pay title transfer fees and such for someone to simply use the week.

krevvie

Reaction score
Bump! Definitely open to suggestions on any other ideas for getting rid of this thing.

cloaninger21

Reaction score
I'm new to the idea of timeshares but we visit the area a lot, so it makes sense. What would be the negative aspects of this deal? It sounds good to me, but I'm not an expert just yet. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krevvie

Reaction score
I'm new to the idea of timeshares but we visit the area a lot, so it makes sense. What would be the negative aspects of this deal? It sounds good to me, but I'm not an expert just yet. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The upside is if you request a week in advance, you can go there without paying for it. The downside is that you are automatically obligated to pay the annual maintenance fee whether you go or not. If you use it, it's worth it--but if you don't, it isn't. We stopped going, which is why we're giving it away.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I can answer any other questions you might have.

krevvie

Reaction score
Bump! Still available, and I'm wide open to suggestions on what to do with this thing.

coopfam1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interested

We have been looking for an orlando timeshare for a while now. We are very interested please let us know. We have received a timeshare on tug years ago and everything went perfect. We have a 6 year old and 2 teenagers. We live in atlanta so orlando is where we love to go.

krevvie

Reaction score
We have been looking for an orlando timeshare for a while now. We are very interested please let us know. We have received a timeshare on tug years ago and everything went perfect. We have a 6 year old and 2 teenagers. We live in atlanta so orlando is where we love to go.

Sent you a PM!