• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free - Really!!! Two Units in NH This Weekend

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Family vacation in shambles - two family units cancelled. I have two units in Attitash this week. Gotta tell you, this week is now unbookable because of Thomas the Train (although that is still available). As a woman of faith, I swear I am not looking to rent/sell these weeks. If you would like GoFund sites that mean much to me, you are welcome to donate. I just want someone to rescue these reserved units.

Grand Summit #4056 4/2
Suites at Attitash #7913 2/2

No PM necessary - this is first come, first served in a public forum. I am arriving tomorrow afternoon and will arrange to meet you in a public place to make this happen.

Judi

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Free = Really Free in NH

Please, please take one of these.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Judi - This is a great offer, but I think you will have more luck if you offer to get a guest certificate and email it to the person in advance. Many people won't drive (possibly a long distance) without having a confirmation in hand, so they know they have a reservation that they can verify independently. *PM me if you need more info.

Last edited:

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just Being Honest

Whatever it takes. The last time I offered something free, people thought I was trying to "work the system." I would email a guest certificate if they wanted. This is just killing me that it took me months to get these weeks and then lose them. These are two wonderful units that I worked months to get. Just trying to be a good person and always feeling like everyone here thinks I am trying to do something sneaky. Don't know how to do sneaky...sorry.

Two beautiful weeks for free - I know it's late but that's all it is.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Unfortunately, there are people who try to pull things on TUG. That is no reflection on you - it just makes people cautious.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Judi ...

I have found many people look a gift horse in the mouth WAY too closely. You should offer for people to PM you their phone number to talk to you or ask you PM them YOUR phone number.

I close MORE deals on the phone than via emails or text messages ....

Just enjoy YOUR vacation time ... I too have been stood up my invitees.... now I threaten my friends and family. :ignore:;)

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just trying to do the right thing. I will email guest certificates if that makes people feel comfortable. We believe in giving.

For the record, my grandson, the amazing and remarkable O, is a Thomas the Train freak and also a sweet little 4 year old boy who had a stroke when he was an infant and suffers from dyspraxia (sort of like aphasia in adults). We are heading off to Northern NH so that we can enjoy that which makes him so happy (they have an autism car on the train). This will be a wonderful holiday no matter what but if we can share the joy that would be even better.

For those in this world that choose to exploit or be untruthful, I can only offer my sadness. I will hope that your life will someday be richer.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Be careful, Judi I know you have the best intentions but to offer weeks last minute to whoever shows up? I agree with Denise and Linda have them pm you a phone number and discuss what you are doing. I don't understand the Thomas the Tank Engine reference. If I lived closer I would love to take one of the units. But too far for me to travel, such short notice, good luck and hope whatever is preventing you from going will be resolved!
Silentg

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. The last time I asked people to PM me, I got the nastiest message about trying to charge people. If it is is meant to be, it will be, I guess. Thank you for your kindness.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you. The last time I asked people to PM me, I got the nastiest message about trying to charge people. If it is is meant to be, it will be, I guess. Thank you for your kindness.

If you get any nasty messages - please forward them to me - that's not OK.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
We must have posted at the same time Judi, I understand the reference now. I hope you have a wonderful time and find some family to enjoy your timeshares! Still be careful!
Silentg

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Shouldn't this be moved to last minute rentals?

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your concern and kindness. It is appreciated and noted.

Thomas the Tank is a PBS show with trains and sweet lessons for little people. My grandson, the sunshine of my life, loves the music, the lessons and the graphics. Because of his neurological issues, Thomas is a treasure to him and us. We are heading off to a family day of fun.

We had hoped to share our joy but I am thinking that perhaps we will just celebrate our good times as an extended family. Maybe we will play musical rooms. :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shouldn't this be moved to last minute rentals?

If it's a rental - and she is charging rent - yes

If it's free - Bargain Deals is a good place for it.

If it's an exchange - it could be moved to the "Distressed" Forum. (One advantage to this is that it is a member's only forum)

Judi - contact me by pm if you want it moved.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
i have to forward to my son, who lives in Boston and has a three year old who loves trains, especially Thomas. he is a teacher so he is on vacation right now.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Judi, Let us know how everything goes!

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
:cheer:

Sometimes, the universe just lines up. I ran into a co-worker in the grocery store this morning and was "lamenting" the fact that I couldn't give away this timeshare. She is going to use it! She was going up this weekend anyway (another grandmother with a Thomas the Tank grandchild) and still has time to cancel her motel room. What a happy day for all! We are planning to get together for dinner as well so it truly has ended well. Thanks to all of you who gave me a hand.

Judi

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Free

Hi
I am so glad things worked out for you!

Cyn

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Happy ending to a good story.

I know that when I have something to give away around the house I never advertise it for free. I put a ridiculously low price on it and then when the person comes I give it to them.

It keeps a lot of the riff raff away.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Have fun Judi! Your friend is lucky she saw you in the grocery store!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Pay-it-forward always seems to bring good luck and positive Karma.

Thanks for sharing and giving.

Have a great weekend. ☮