• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gold Key Resorts

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just did the update at Gold Key. Did not plan on changing anything but accepted an offer to trade my week 16 2BR OBC and week 18 1BR Turtle Cay into a week 23 OBC. The addition of 10 weeks @ interval was enough to make this attractive.

Currently completing purchase of week 20 at OBC so this makes my rentals more attractive / efficient.

Not much new. The hilton next to OBC look great.

Next time will only purchase a 2BR at Turtle Cay.

Stephen

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just did the update at Gold Key. Did not plan on changing anything but accepted an offer to trade my week 16 2BR OBC and week 18 1BR Turtle Cay into a week 23 OBC. The addition of 10 weeks @ interval was enough to make this attractive.

Currently completing purchase of week 20 at OBC so this makes my rentals more attractive / efficient.

Stephen

Does it mean you get 10 weeks AC every year?

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gold Key Resorts in beautiful Virginia Beach Virginia

Just did the update at Gold Key.

Did not plan on changing anything but accepted an offer to trade my week 16 2BR OBC and week 18 1BR Turtle Cay into a week 23 OBC.

The addition of 10 weeks @ interval
was enough to make this attractive.

Currently completing purchase of week 20 at OBC
so this makes my rentals more attractive / efficient.

Stephen

How much did it cost to trade your off season weeks 16 and week 18 for a Ocean Beach Club week 23 (did you get ocean view or ocean front)

Gold Key Resorts is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia

Interval International has awarded Gold Key its Chairman's Club Award
as one of the Top 25 Vacation Ownership Companies in the World.

Their portfolio currently includes four elite resorts in Virginia Beach: Boardwalk Resort, Beach Quarters Resort, Turtle Cay Resort and our signature property, the Ocean Beach Club Resort. The Ocean Beach Club is the pinnacle of luxury, setting new standards in Virginia Beach for services, amenities and accommodations. They also manage the Virginia Beach Hilton, the Ramada on the Beach and the Dolphin Inn; along with 7 restaurants and bars.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score

Stephen

How much upgrade fee did you pay to the weasels?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Stephen

Is the Hilton a t/s ?

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea, I know it wasn't an even trade.

How much upgrade fee did you pay to the weasels?

I went to their Owner preview of OceanAire. They had sent out a blanket invite to preview it and get $125. I guess they determined that all my Gold Key Resort weeks were resale purchases. They tried to withdraw the offer on me. I wrote a letter to management. They apologized and let me come for the preview. I just really wanted to see the units in OceanAire. The $125 at the end was just a bonus! Anyway, they were willing to take a couple of my timeshares (wks 22 and 38 at Beach Quarters and OBC) to get a week 23 at OceanAire. All they wanted was $18,000 to do this. I gave him my card and told him if he was looking for any great deals on resales to give me a call. ;)

Looked at the 3BR Penthouse. Very nice. All they wanted was $130,000 for one summer week. :eek: Who does that?!!!!!!!!!!! One week? :confused:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been down to the beach since the Hilton was completed.

Stephen

I own at Four Sails and OBC, so this is right in between these two resorts. I'll be down there next month and look forward to seeing this new complex. I really love that end of the beach!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
This was our year to skip VB and do OC, MD and SC. The last time we were in Virginia Beach our balcony at OBC overlooked the old place and the mattresses were in the dumpster and they were throwing everything else out the windows to get ready to knock it down. The old place wasn't more than 4 or 5 stories. Hope the Hilton doesn't block too much of the view from that side of OBC.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there in September, the infrastructure was going up

This was our year to skip VB and do OC, MD and SC. The last time we were in Virginia Beach our balcony at OBC overlooked the old place and the mattresses were in the dumpster and they were throwing everything else out the windows to get ready to knock it down. The old place wasn't more than 4 or 5 stories. Hope the Hilton doesn't block too much of the view from that side of OBC.

Definitely blocked a lot of our former view out our windows. We have a corner unit. The Hilton was closer to the boardwalk than OCB, which sets back from the Boardwalk. We still have the oceanfront balcony and I still enjoyed the views from the side windows. The Four sails end units used to have a nice view from the windows on the upper floors. I'm sure any side view now is completely blocked on the north side. Will be down there in May and June, and look forward to see the developments since last fall.

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much did it cost to trade your off season weeks 16 and week 18 for a Ocean Beach Club week 23 (did you get ocean view or ocean front)

Mediterranean unit. 1BR is ocean view. studio has view of ocean and city. but i prefer this studio do the other ocean view studio. kitchen is more removed so it appears larger.

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
fyi

i had previously been given the opportunity to upgrade to oceanaire but the price was too high.

i have tried renting week 16 before not much luck. upgrade price was reasonable. the bonus week at II will be pay for the deal and benefit my rental business. mistake to buy 1BR at turtle cay. looking for 2BR summer week now.