• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I want to give [away] my timeshare [Plantation resort at Myrtle Beach south Carolina]

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Here is a guess:

-You haven't been to the US since you stopped paying your maintenance fees.

-It didn't impact you in Curaco, so you have just been ignoring it for 4 years.

-Now, you want to make a trip to the US, but you are afraid that the unpaid debt will prevent you from entering the country.

-Since you have money to travel to the US, that means you could pay the maintenance fee if you wanted to, but you no longer want this timeshare.

Have I got it right?

*In my opinion, if you pay off your debt and clear the title, you will probably be able to give this away on TUG, because a 3 bdm. for only $652 per year, is a good deal. But under the current circumstances: 1) large debt, 2) your location in Curco, and 3) unclear foreclosure status, very few people will be interested, because there are too many things that could go wrong.

If this is a 3br lock off in Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort I would not be surprised if someone would take on a $2,000 pay off to obtain this. One just went on eBay for $2,142 but it did include a years use. So that money is not too far off for this resort but Denise is right, a lot can go wrong.

I had friends check on the resort for me and everyone there was very helpful so I'm sure you could get the straight dope if you wanted to. It would help to know that this is in the summer float period though.

It's my understanding that the MFs plus taxes for this type unit is just over $700.

daytje07

Reaction score
denise i just give an example i dont have travel planning for the coming years. i have tried to use it here but i had to give the week and also pay 169$ pp per night extra fee and not worth.

csxjohn

do you know someone who want one of these?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What is the $169 per night fee? Are you talking about exchanging for an All Inclusive resort? For the most part, only resorts in Mexico have an all-inclusive fee - you don't have to pay that with US exchanges, and most other countries.

If you have no plans to come to the US, then I don't think there is much they can do to you. If there was something they could do - they would have done it by now.

However, as I wrote above, it would be easier to give away if you paid the back fees and cleared the title. Good luck!

Last edited:

daytje07

Reaction score
i dont have that amount to pay and they wasnt open to give me an payment arrangement . so i will wait as you suggest me to see if they foreclose it.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

csxjohn

do you know someone who want one of these?

I do not. I had a slight interest in the resort because the ones I was looking at had a favorable float period.

It is a very nice resort not right on the ocean but they have a shuttle that runs every hour to the beach.

If the resort is going to want the $2,000 you owe I don't think you'll find a taker here, I know it's out of my price range for a TS.

I think the resort is still in active sales so if you offer to give the deed back without them going through foreclosure and wipe the slate clean, I think they would be better off.

Since you are not a US citizen I really don't see how just walking away is going to hurt you in any way.

daytje07

Reaction score
i am very confused about this and dont what do do please give me a good advise and what will be the results of any of the choices

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry that I added to the confusion.

Denise asked what effect your non payment has had on you.

If I were to be 3 months late paying my timeshare fees my resort would send the bill to collections and if would hurt my credit rating. Then if I still did not pay they would foreclose on the unit and my credit would be hurt again.

In your situation, being in a foreign country, I'm thinking that your non-payment will not affect you or your credit at all.

If that's the case, I would let them know that you can't afford to pay and let them know they can have the unit back.