• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on Marriott travel package

TF865

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to book a travel package for the first time and hoping some of you with more experience can help me with a question. Both my husband and I have a us air dividend mile account but am told by Marriott that they put the miles into just one owner account and that USAir would have to put from one account into the other. USAir tells me they will only do this through the share option and will incur a fee. This just doesn't sound right. Is this what everyone has to do or am I going about this wrong? I am frustrated with this process at this point! :confused:

tompk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the US Air "share" side of it but I do know that US Air is running a promo thru the end of the month where they give you a 50% bonus on hotel points transfers. So if you do a 100,000 mile travel package and transfer to US Air miles you will get 150,000 US Air miles.

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Barony, Ocean Point, KoOlina, Surfwatch
Correct ..but

Yes, this is correct Marriott deposits into one account. However, you realize you can buy multiple tickets using one airline miles account.

I always buy the travel package with the max miles 120,000.

Good Luck

TF865

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for the info. I was aware of the current us air promo and hoping to capitalize on that. Do you know if they have this promotion often? Rudy, thank you, I did not know I could buy more than one ticket - can you tell how new I am at this? Everything I need to know I learn from TUG!!
Thanks again!

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
This US Airways hotel transfer promo has generally run once/year in the spring. I have used it in 2010 and 2011 to great advantage.

US Airways does charge to transfer miles from one US Airways account to another. AND they max that transfer to 50k miles annually.

But, as has been posted, you can have all miles in one account and book for whoever you want. Spouse, kids etc. Have done it many many times.

I just cashed into tonight for the Cat 6 120k miles packages. I have ZERO MR points now. I start earning more with a stay Wednesday. :cheer:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I don't know anything about the US Air "share" side of it but I do know that US Air is running a promo thru the end of the month where they give you a 50% bonus on hotel points transfers. So if you do a 100,000 mile travel package and transfer to US Air miles you will get 150,000 US Air miles.
I don't know about this specific U.S. Air promotion, but check it out carefully before relying on what was said here. In the past whenever an airline has run one of these bonuses for transferring hotel points the bonus does not apply to travel packages, only to straight transfers of hotel points into airline miles.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I don't know about this specific U.S. Air promotion, but check it out carefully before relying on what was said here. In the past whenever an airline has run one of these bonuses for transferring hotel points the bonus does not apply to travel packages, only to straight transfers of hotel points into airline miles.

My personal experience with US is that they do give the bonus on MR travel packages. I agree one should know all of the T&C's. The terms can change from promo to promo.

Nickfromct

TUG Member
Reaction score

Last year I did a travel package with 120,000 miles and picked up a 60k bonus.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Last year I did a travel package with 120,000 miles and picked up a 60k bonus.
I am not saying you didn't. I am just saying that I have not. Was yours with U.S.Air? My most recent experience was with American when they ran a similar hotel bonus promotion just prior to the end of their relationship with Marriott Rewards.

Has anyone received this type of bonus with a travel package from any airline other than U.S. Air?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am not saying you didn't. I am just saying that I have not. Was yours with U.S.Air? My most recent experience was with American when they ran a similar hotel bonus promotion just prior to the end of their relationship with Marriott Rewards.

Has anyone received this type of bonus with a travel package from any airline other than U.S. Air?

In the past 10 years I have gotten bonus points transferring the travel package to American four times. They were usually 20% bonuses

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Processed the TP last night. 120k US Airways miles showed this morning. It took about 2 weeks for the bonus miles last time. I will report back.

Nickfromct

TUG Member
Reaction score

Mine was through US.

Antny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hotel + Air Packages Room Type?

I'm assuming you only get a guest room with the Hotel + Air Packages. Has anyone upgraded to a larger room? If so, what was the cost, if any?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I'm assuming you only get a guest room with the Hotel + Air Packages. Has anyone upgraded to a larger room? If so, what was the cost, if any?

from the marriott.com FAQ about using MRP at the timeshares:
How many points are required for 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom & 3-bedroom villas?

A 1-bedroom is an additional 5,000 points per night, a 2-bedroom is an additional 10,000 points per night, and a 3-bedroom is an additional 15,000 points per night.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score

Or a hotel room with full hotel and MR benefits. We combine the two many times.

Nickfromct

TUG Member
Reaction score

With the travel package you're only getting the basic room at the hotel. Depending on your marriott status, you may get a free upgrade depending on how crowded the hotel is for the nights you are staying. I'm sure you could upgrade with cash/points if you don't have status with marriott.

Antny

TUG Member
Reaction score
from the marriott.com FAQ about using MRP at the timeshares:

Thanks! So here's my real question.. If you purchased a 7-night + air reward but only wanted to use 4/5 nights.
1. Can you "bank" the other nights for use another time?
2. Can you apply the remaining nights (if ques. 1 were true) as a room upgrade instead?
3. How would the “Redeem for 4 nights and Get the 5th Night Free” Reward apply? - Could that extend it to 8-nights?

Sorry for the noobie questions.. I'm still learning :D

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Thanks! So here's my real question.. If you purchased a 7-night + air reward but only wanted to use 4/5 nights.
1. Can you "bank" the other nights for use another time?
2. Can you apply the remaining nights (if ques. 1 were true) as a room upgrade instead?
3. How would the “Redeem for 4 nights and Get the 5th Night Free” Reward apply? - Could that extend it to 8-nights?

Sorry for the noobie questions.. I'm still learning :D

Nope you must use it as 7 consecutive nights. Cannot split or bank. In theory, the 5th night free was taken into account when determining package point costs.

(You can book a 5 night TP if you are a MVCI owner.)

Other than that it is a certificate good for the listed category for the stated number of nights.

Antny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope you must use it as 7 consecutive nights. Cannot split or bank. In theory, the 5th night free was taken into account when determining package point costs.

(You can book a 5 night TP if you are a MVCI owner.)

Other than that it is a certificate good for the listed category for the stated number of nights.

Thank you!

emt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Book 5nt package, only use 4nts?

We're planning a 4 night trip (cat5) and I'm considering a 5nt travel package so to cash in for some air miles. Would like to stay 5nts but may not be possible (childcare, work, etc.) or may see about using the 5th day as post-red-eye or pre-flight 'bonus' time.

If we don't use the 5th day is there any penalty? Am I missing something in considering the 5th day as 'free'??

Thanks-

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We're planning a 4 night trip (cat5) and I'm considering a 5nt travel package so to cash in for some air miles. Would like to stay 5nts but may not be possible (childcare, work, etc.) or may see about using the 5th day as post-red-eye or pre-flight 'bonus' time.

If we don't use the 5th day is there any penalty? Am I missing something in considering the 5th day as 'free'??

Thanks-

You can check out early. You just lose the unused portion. You need to reserve for the full length of the certificate.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there five night packages that include air. I only see seven night packages. If so how many points for the highest mileage package. Thanks.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Are there five night packages that include air. I only see seven night packages. If so how many points for the highest mileage package. Thanks.

There are 5-night packages available only for MVCI owners. Not sure if this link will work but it should direct you to the right page once you sign in to your my-vacationclub.com account. If it doesn't work, sign in your usual way and then click on "Program Enhancements" under "Marriott Rewards" in the column on the right.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sue, thank you. This is great news. You were right, I needed to sign in, but your link brought me right to this page.

There are 5-night packages available only for MVCI owners. Not sure if this link will work but it should direct you to the right page once you sign in to your my-vacationclub.com account. If it doesn't work, sign in your usual way and then click on "Program Enhancements" under "Marriott Rewards" in the column on the right.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
One more quick question. Is Soutwest now one of the participating airlines? I think the chart listed on the MVCI site is from 2009 and back then the Southwest frequent flier program was different. Thanks.