• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Universal Resort Transfers

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever dealt with this closing company that has an Orlando address? I noticed that this closing company is used by an Ebay seller called i-flip-shares. I don't know if this is the same seller I'm dealing with as I found the deal on Redweek.

Last edited:

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Has anyone ever dealt with this closing company that has an Orlando address? I noticed that this closing company is used by an Ebay seller called i-flip-shares. I don't know if this is the same seller I'm dealing with as I found the deal on Redweek.

I have NOT dealt with them. On the surface they seem to be a small and young closing company. Besides Universal Resort Transfers, they might go by the name of Rent-a-week.

When I Googled them, I noticed something potentially disturbing - - their address is also the address for
"The UPS Store Orlando, 8131 Vineland Ave FL 32821"
Also, there is some video production company that used to have the same UPS box number which showed up on the Google search.

So, they might be a start-up under this particular name.

Perhaps others have better info.

If you have the choice, there are transfer companies with many more years of successful transfer history.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the best rules is not to deal with fake physical addresses that use box numbers designed to look like a real suite.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
He really doesn't have a lot of negative stuff out there so I don't want to trash his business but caution goes without saying. Companies like these usually don't know much about what they are selling and sometimes are not even authorized to do so. As long as you know precisely what it is and not relying on their word, and it's a steal, why not?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
To find out if it's the same as the eBay seller, contact that seller through an eBay auction and ask if he has anything in XYZ resort for sale. His answer will answer that question for you.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update, I dealt with Jose Renta at this closing company and everything went smoothly and quickly thus far. The deed got recorded electronically within 10 days of signing the contract and I received the originals in the mail early this week. Now waiting for it to be transferred into our name by Starwood. Will update again when this is done.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Deal is Done!

Update, I confirmed with Starwood that this week got transferred into my name today so this deal took about 3 weeks from the time I paid for it until it got transferred by Starwood, which I think is a reasonable time. From everything I saw, Universal Resort Transfers and Jose Renta did a good job on it.

arlock

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought about six months ago and Universal did the closing. Jose was prompt in responding to emails and phone calls, and the main portion of the closing was done pretty quickly. The RCI points account transfer was another story. That took a month and a half longer. He had thought he had paid by his company credit card, when it was others that he had done.....blah blah blah. At the end of the day the points transferred but it took longer than I would have liked and I probably made 10 calls between him and RCI to straighten things out. Overall good though

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought about six months ago and Universal did the closing. Jose was prompt in responding to emails and phone calls, and the main portion of the closing was done pretty quickly. The RCI points account transfer was another story. That took a month and a half longer. He had thought he had paid by his company credit card, when it was others that he had done.....blah blah blah. At the end of the day the points transferred but it took longer than I would have liked and I probably made 10 calls between him and RCI to straighten things out. Overall good though

I think you're very generous to say "Overall good though". This sounds pretty sloppy to me. It's not that hard to do this stuff right but you have to pay attention to details. I think they should have refunded part of your money if you had to make 10 phone calls to be sure it got done right.

arlock

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you're very generous to say "Overall good though". This sounds pretty sloppy to me. It's not that hard to do this stuff right but you have to pay attention to details. I think they should have refunded part of your money if you had to make 10 phone calls to be sure it got done right.

I guess from where I was sitting, it wasn't a huge deal. I wasn't planning on using the transferred points this year, and the next allotment isn't until next year in March. I will rephrase to say that as to my particular circumstances, it was overall a good experience.