• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

dubious Grand Luxxe buyer "Property Management-ML" out of Oklahoma

kosmonova

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a few cold-calls from "Property Management-ML" supposedly out of Oklahoma that wanted to purchase my timeshare at the Grand Luxxe for a price that is astronomically high.

There is no info about this company other than what appears to be a 2-month old website (www.propertymanagementml.com) that is hosted out of the UK and registered in Panama. There is no BBB record or business license in the state of Oklahoma of this company. Their business address appears to be bogus as well since there is no suite number (their address would place it in a high-rise in downtown Oklahoma City).

I received a purchase offer via email and it states that they will take an 8% commission as part of the closing costs. I asked what up front costs they expect and they said there is none. Their "buyer" would transfer the purchase offer amount into a trust account and the commission would come out of that. This escrow or trust account holder sounds made up as well.

I saw online that another Grand Luxxe owner had a similar experience about two weeks ago. Not sure what their angle is, but beware and don't give out any information.

By the way, I became a TUG member just to post this.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for becoming a Member. Your memberships supports the work TUG does to save people thousands of dollars.

Now, as to your question. There is no buyer. They will ask you for money- maybe for 'taxes, Mexican Gov't something-or-other or something else. The money will disappear along with these perps. They may or may not actually sell your TS. They will possibly list it on eBay for $1. If it doesn't sell, it may go to a 'Viking Ship' where it is titled to a fictitious entity, no MF will be paid and the Viking Ship will bankrupt. An offshore company protects them, but not you. The TS may well come after you for back MF and exorbitant late fees.

Now, what to do? Have you tried to list it in the Marketplace? Now that you are a TUG Member, you get a bunch of FREE ads there (in the red stripe above). OR you can list it for free in the Bargain Deals subforum in Buying, Selling, Renting Forum.

Good Luck, and welcome to TUG.

Jim

kosmonova

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. This guy kept bringing up NAFTA during his pitch. I couldn't help myself from laughing every time.

cbosch57

Reaction score
Grand Luxxe Sales Scam

I too have received several offers to purchase our time share in Nuevo Vallarta. Initially I was shocked at the amount these scammers were offering to pay. I was so shocked it seemed like it was to good to believe.

The first company claimed to have an office in Kansas City, Mo. which happens to be my home town. When I received their proposal I saw the address for the building they were in and realized that I know the person who manages the building. I called him and asked about the company and he told me they had a very small call center and had only been there for a couple of months. He also told me they were on a short term, month to month, lease.

This raised some questions for me so I began researching the company and found they had scammed many people by asking them to place money in an escrow account to pay the maintenance fees for the time share. Needless to say, I realized this was probably a scam. The more I read the more I discovered that these people will operate like this from a location, then move to a new city and start all over again.

The funny thing is, it's almost a sport for me now. When they call and offer me a grandiose price for our time share I am very rude to them. I ask them why I need to put money in up front and ask them if they are scum bags like the guys who called me prior to them. It's actually kind of funny.

If someone contacts you to and offers you significantly more than you paid for your time share I would suggest you ignore them. They are probably trying to take your money and will not deliver. If it's seems to good to be true it probably is.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone contacts you to and offers you significantly more than you paid for your time share I would suggest you ignore them. They are probably trying to take your money and will not deliver. If it's seems to good to be true it probably is.

Hello, welcome to TUG, and thanks for sharing your experience.

But the advice you've given has been given constantly here on TUG for years (even decades) now. As you could see through many aged threads, here on TUG we get inquiries like this at least once a week. They all follow a similar pattern "XYZ Timeshare company called me (unsolicited) and said they can sell or rent my TS for zillions of dollars. Is this legit?".

TUGgers are always quick (and quite willing, I might add) to give the same advice. Never pay an upfront fee to sell your TS. Even if the company claims it does not charge an upfront fee, it will try to milk some money out of you somehow by saying you need to pay closing costs, transfer costs, market appraisal fees, Mexican Stamp tax, etc.

But, hey, good for you for recognizing this scam for what it really is and not let the thought of a huge payday for your TS cloud your judgment.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No "probably" about it...

If someone contacts you to and offers you significantly more than you paid for your time share I would suggest you ignore them.
They are probably trying to take your money and will not deliver. If it's seems to good to be true it probably is.

This is certainly not "breaking news", but it's accurate nonetheless --- except of course that there is no "probably" involved here; it's a flat out certainty.