• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham ODD/Even usage

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am considering a Wyndham account. It is for 300K odd years.

A. Can this be used for even years reservation or do I travel only in odd years.
B. If I wanted to pool the points, do I pool to next ODD year only or can the pooled points be used in next even year.
C. How is maintenance fee. Is it paid every year or only in odd years.
D. The seller is giving this year 300K. Is it worth anything. Can it be booked or banked. Use year is Jan 1.
E. I am familiar with Worldmark. Is the reservation system similar. Can you hold a reservation so a vacation council can finish the booking for you if needed so you have the option to move points around.
F. Would the system allow you to see inventory if you do not have enough credits to book such inventory.

That is for now. I am sure to have more questions.

Thanks

Sam

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Hi All,

A. Can this be used for even years reservation or do I travel only in odd years.
B. If I wanted to pool the points, do I pool to next ODD year only. What if I borrow form my upcoming use year.
C. How is maintenance fee. Is it paid every year or only in odd years.
D. The seller is giving this year 300K. Is it worth anything. Can it be booked or banked.

Thanks

Sam

A. You can use it in even years by putting any or all 300k points in the credit pool. They are good for 3 years from the date you deposit them. The only disadvantage is you can't reserve using ARP. I routinely put all my points in the credit pool, which costs $39 per use year.

B. Yes when you put it in the credit pool you put all or part of your ODD year points. If you are in a odd year like this year, 2015, and you were making a express reservation (a reservation with 90 days) and you didn't have enough point you can normally borrow for next year except you wouldn't be able to because you would have any point in next year. That is why credit pool is your friend.

C: Wyndham bills maintenance fee on half the points each year. So you would pay as if you had a 150k every year contract.

D: Assuming this is a jan-dec use year. You would have to book a reservation with a check-in date before dec 31st. Or put it in RCI. You have to credit pool before start of use year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just adding to what Mark said on point D.

It seems iffy to me that you could complete a sale, receive the points and make a reservation by December 31. Yes it's possible, but everything would have to come together. For one thing, Wyndham is notoriously slow in processing transfers. Think months, not weeks. Then, by the time the account is in your name, there would have to be a reservation you want within the time left in the year. Options would be to have the current owner make a reservation in your name with a guest certificate. I did this with a points contract I acquired awhile back and it worked fine. Otherwise, the points could be deposited with RCI and be available for use for 2 more years.

As for point F, yes you can see everything that is available online without having any points in your account.

Good questions!

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Just adding to what Mark said on point D.

It seems iffy to me that you could complete a sale, receive the points and make a reservation by December 31. Yes it's possible, but everything would have to come together. For one thing, Wyndham is notoriously slow in processing transfers. Think months, not weeks. Then, by the time the account is in your name, there would have to be a reservation you want within the time left in the year. Options would be to have the current owner make a reservation in your name with a guest certificate. I did this with a points contract I acquired awhile back and it worked fine. Otherwise, the points could be deposited with RCI and be available for use for 2 more years.

As for point F, yes you can see everything that is available online without having any points in your account.

Good questions!

That is a good point. Although, I think if he pulled the trigger on this one soon, he has a better than even chance of Wyndham making the transfer. The problem will probably be, getting the RCI account set up in time to make the deposit before the end of the year.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark and puppymommo.

With regard to booking, do you have an option to hold a reservation so they can arrange points for you to book it and the space does not get lost.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

With regard to booking, do you have an option to hold a reservation so they can arrange points for you to book it and the space does not get lost.

When you select the booking you have 15 minutes to complete the reservation, if that's what you are talking about.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about booking within Wyndham or an RCI exchange?

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Hi All,

A. Can this be used for even years reservation or do I travel only in odd years. Only if you place your points in the credit pool. Then you have 3 years to use them from the date placed in the pool.
B. If I wanted to pool the points, do I pool to next ODD year only or can the pooled points be used in next even year. Just place the next use year available (the current year plus next two calendar years will show on your account) into the pool in advance of the use year beginning. You need to call Wyndham to credit pool your points.
C. How is maintenance fee. Is it paid every year or only in odd years. You pay every year, but based on half the number of points. So a 300K EOY contract would pay maintenance fees for 150K every year.
D. The seller is giving this year 300K. Is it worth anything. Can it be booked or banked. Use year is Jan 1. It will be too late to credit pool this year's points, this needs to be done before the use year begins. You could place them in RCI which will extend them 2 years, but there are fees associated with RCI bookings. If the transfer goes through smoothly, you might be able to book this year, but you will need to be flexible. It will likely be very tough to find much available by the time the transfer is complete. The current owner cannot book for you as the reservation will be cancelled when the deed goes to Wyndham to be transferred.
E. I am familiar with Worldmark. Is the reservation system similar. Can you hold a reservation so a vacation council can finish the booking for you if needed so you have the option to move points around. No holding a reservation that I'm familiar with. If you don't have the points available, the system just won't let you book.
F. Would the system allow you to see inventory if you do not have enough credits to book such inventory. Yes, you can still see inventory that's available, even without points available.

Thanks

Sam

No, I'm not aware of any way to hold a reservation. If you don't have the points available, the system gives you a warning message and won't open the reservation page, unless you're in the period that you can rent or borrow points. But at that point you only have 15 minutes to complete the reservation by renting or borrowing the points. It's not holding it for an agent to complete.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

This is only an option for an RCI booking. Within Wyndham, there is no hold period. You either have the points or you don't. If you need to free up points via cancellation of another booking, then that has to be done first with no guarantee of getting the new booking you want.

If you don't have quite enough points, there are ways to complete the last night of a booking via points rental from Wyndham (91+ days to check in) or borrowing points from the next use year (90 days or less).

The way you had worded this in your original Question E, it seems like you might be asking about a credit shuffle. Wyndham does not have a credit shuffle like WM. You can ask for specific point assignment after you have made reservations, but this is a manual process and can be limited due to the more restrictive nature of points in Wyndham.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
D. The seller is giving this year 300K. Is it worth anything. Can it be booked or banked. Use year is Jan 1.

You could have the seller make reservations for you, then transfer the ownership after you take the vacations.

Each reservation might cost you $99 for the guest certificate, if the owner does not have any free GC available.

This would be better than losing this year's points (value of 300K points equals about $2000) because the ownership did not transfer before the points expire at the end of the year.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all

That answered all my questions.

With reservation hold is where you can hold a reservation for 15 min and call owner service to rearrange or free credits if needed so the space is not lost. All within Wyndham not RCI.

One other question. I know you have limited booking certificates per account. What if you book a reservation but end up canceling same day. Do you have this grace period like with II or will it use one of the certificates.

Also if you attempt to book but not confirm, will this consume the certificate.

With regard to discount within 60 days, will this work only for VIP or any user.

Are there anyways to get VIP with resales or must buy developer.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
An RT (reservation transaction) is good for that calendar day ...

HK (housekeeping credits) if the reservation is cancelled, live on for another booking.

I believe BOTH are cheaper if brought ONLINE verses the call center.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That answered all my questions.

With reservation hold is where you can hold a reservation for 15 min and call owner service to rearrange or free credits if needed so the space is not lost. All within Wyndham not RCI.

Ok, so this is not a formal feature of the system, but a technical loophole. Wyndham bookings online also have a timeout for you to accept the reservation (I can't recall how long it lasts, but maybe 10-15 minutes). In that timeframe, though, I do not know if a VG can see the inventory you have tied up in this incomplete booking.

One other question. I know you have limited booking certificates per account. What if you book a reservation but end up canceling same day. Do you have this grace period like with II or will it use one of the certificates.
You will have burned one Reservation Transaction. You can make any number of additional bookings that same day if you so desire, but there is no "refund" of RTs.

You do get 1 RT day for each 77k point increment that you own, so an annual 300k account would only get 3 RTs, while an annual 308k account would get 4 RTs. I'm not sure how EOY contracts deal with this, if you get half your allotment annually or just during the use year...

Also if you attempt to book but not confirm, will this consume the certificate. No.

With regard to discount within 60 days, will this work only for VIP or any user. VIP only.

Are there anyways to get VIP with resales or must buy developer. See below.
Ahhhhh... the age-old VIP-for-less question. This answer is better served by searching for VIP threads in this forum. There are dozens on this very topic.

Last edited:

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How to add to an EOY (odd) contact

We are in the process you buying a Wyndham points EOY(odd) contact. It will be our first. Stated in the estoppel letter:
"IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING CLUB WYNDHAM PLUS OWNER, THE USE YEAR ON THIS ACCOUNT WILL BE ADJUSTED TO THE USE YEAR ON YOUR EXISTING MEMBERSHIP."

Does this mean we can not buy an annual or EOY(even) year to have points in all years without credit pooling?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
We are in the process you buying a Wyndham points EOY(odd) contact. It will be our first. Stated in the estoppel letter:
"IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING CLUB WYNDHAM PLUS OWNER, THE USE YEAR ON THIS ACCOUNT WILL BE ADJUSTED TO THE USE YEAR ON YOUR EXISTING MEMBERSHIP."

Does this mean we can not buy an annual or EOY(even) year to have points in all years without credit pooling?

No, what that means is if you have a contract that awards points in January and you purchase another one that awards points starting in say April, Wyndham will (maybe) change the April to January. They will not change use years.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
No, what that means is if you have a contract that awards points in January and you purchase another one that awards points starting in say April, Wyndham will (maybe) change the April to January. They will not change use years.

Ok, thank you. I assumed that would not be the case, but I have learned from the forum you can not do that with TS companies.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I have an Odd Year for 77K, can I CP 2017, then borrow 77K in 2018 to use 154K in 2018?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Yes, you could credit pool your 2017 points in 2016, and then in 2017 credit pool your 2019 points and use all 154,000 in 2018.