• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Egrets Point at Ocean Ridge??

Psl

TUG Review Crew: Elite
Reaction score
Just grabbed a 2BR at Egrets Point for July 12 week. Taking family and am concerned it may be a run down group of condos. Anyone Stayed in those units recently??

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Do you have the name right? I don't see it on the W map. I had friends stay at Beach Walk last summer and loved it.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I don't think the townhouses at Egret's Point are Wyndham's. Maybe post in the US East coast section of the forum? TUG doesn't have any recent reviews for these either. If you go, maybe you could write a review for TUG and get credit.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
One of many older HOA's on the main campus of Ocean Ridge.

Bay Point at Edisto, Egrets Pointe, Fairway
Terrace, Marsh Point Villas I & II, Sea Oaks, Sea Palms

Resort At a Glance

Managed
VIP (except Egrets Pointe)
Accessible Units
Elevators (some)
RCI Gold Crown Award
Higher Demand in Summer
Higher Demand for Holidays/Special Events

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found only one current review of this resort @ TripAdvisor dated for this year.

Please remember this Edisto Island is for total R&R and the Beach.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
We stayed at one of the sections in the main campus last July, Sea Oaks. The units were a little old but very roomy and clean. We did not spend much time in the unit. Mostly at the pools and beach along with a lot of mini golf with the little ones. (free)

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Recommend You Call Them ...

... about what day and hour you expect to arrive. Their check-in is not inside the gate where the Wyndham check-in is. Their check-in is at 547 Hwy 174, Suite 5 ... you should have no problem seeing their sign. Most all of their check-ins are on Sunday and they are not a 24/7 check-in operation. Their phone # is 843-869-0100. That would also be a good time to request what unit number they'll place you in. The buildings are not new and some have been upgraded more than others as they do what the budget allows year-by-year. Their units are very spacious with the bedrooms on the second floor, and a separate room on the second floor has a whirlpool tub. Each bedroom has its own bathroom. Downstairs is a half bath, kitchen, dining area and living area with generous window to look at pond/birds etc. There is a deck outside the back door also. Also ask them about their wi-fi situation. We have never been there in the summer as we travel in the off season. Enjoy ... Uncle Davey

Psl

Reaction score
You are correct they are not Wyndham although they are available to book with our points. I will defiinately write a review for TUG.

Psl

Reaction score
Uncle Davey, thanks for check in info. When I called the Wyndham number and was transferred to Egrets they did not bother the to tell me the check in info. Thanks for other tips about the units.
We have been to Edistoslow and enjoy no high rises and hubbub.