• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Timeshare Owners Group Meeting - March 30th - Tampa

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
On Sunday afternoon, March 30th., 2014, 1:00PM, the Florida Timeshare Owners Group will conduct its next meeting at the Palm Aire Country Club, in Sarasota, FL. All timeshare owners are invited to attend. Advance reservations are required, and may be obtained by contacting the Group's Coordinator, Frank Debar, at fdebar433@gmail.com, or (941) 351-1384. Further meeting information may be found on the Group's website, www.tsownersgroup.com.

Guest Speakers attending are the following:

Brian Rogers, Administrator of Timeshare Users Group, (TUG), who will discuss "Timeshare Resale Precautions for Buyers", " TUG Forums for Timeshare Rental, Sales, and Exchange Information", and the "Viking Ship Companies".

Scott MacGregor, Principal Partner, CaryMacGregor Resort Services, who will be covering the topics of "Your Rights as a Timeshare Owner", "Researching Exchange and Rental Options", and, "What do New Timeshare Vacation Owners Want?".

Kris Jantaas, Senior Vice President, Resort Condominiums Int"l, (RCI), who will present the subjects of "Inventory Utilization..... How Inventory is Deposited by Members, Developers, HOA's, and RCI, and How it is Utilized and Protected for Exchange and Rental Purposes", "RCI's Focus on HOA Managed Associations", "How Timeshare Owners Can Help Fight Fraudulent Transfer Companies", "New RCI Weeks

Enhancements, and "RCI's 40th Anniversary Company Profile".

Lisa Ann Schreier, Founder and Director, Timeshare Insights, who will touch on the subjects of " The Importance in Being Involved in Your Timeshare", " More Resorts and More Choices in 2014", " The Need to Avoid Absolutes in Timesharing", and "Details on Int'l. Timeshare Appreciation Day".

Attendees may participate in the round-table discussions on many timeshare-related discussions, including various issues of interest and concern. FTOG members serving as Topic Presenters during this meeting will be Marcia Ling, Aline Lariviere, and Craig Woodson.

FTOG's primary objectives, for the past 10 years, are to offer all owners/members of timeshare the opportunity to access essential information, in order that they may greatly enhance their vacation experiences, as well as become more knowledgeable with their substantial timeshare investment.

While there is usually a small fee to attend, as I understand it any TUGGERS who wish to attend can contact frank above prior to attending to get on the list.

I have been a speaker at this meeting in the past, and I hear they have moved to a much larger venue, looking forward to it!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you do go on before the RCI representative, so that you can do some unbiased education before they hear the latest RCI spiel. :)

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
topics

suggest including a topic of timeshares as a "2nd home".

stephen

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha, im not sure im much of an expert in that!

I will however mention ron and joan to Frank during the meeting, perhaps they can schedule tampa into their trip next time they are in florida!

I find that nearly every timeshare owner ive ever met is fascinated by their full time timesharing story!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
haha, im not sure im much of an expert in that!

I will however mention ron and joan to Frank during the meeting, perhaps they can schedule tampa into their trip next time they are in florida!

I find that nearly every timeshare owner ive ever met is fascinated by their full time timesharing story!

The TBMA meeting is in Orlando in May.

Maybe have them tell their story.

palmtree7339

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida Timeshare Owners Group Meeting. March 30th, 2014

While there is usually a small fee to attend, as I understand it any TUGGERS who wish to attend can contact frank above prior to attending to get on the list.

I have been a speaker at this meeting in the past, and I hear they have moved to a much larger venue, looking forward to it!

As the Chairman of the Florida Timeshare Owners Group, as well as a Tugger for some time, I would like to welcome all Tuggers to our website, www.tsownersgroup.com, as well as invite all those who may be interested in attending our FTOG meeting in Sarasota, Fl, on Sunday afternoon, March 30th., 1:00PM to 5:00PM, at the Palm Aire Country Club, Champs Room, 5601Country Club Way, Sarasota, FL 34243.
We have been organized since 2004, and have held 27 meeting since being founded. Attendance at all meetings require obtaining advance seat reservations, by contacting me at fdebar433@gmail.com.
Non-members may attend only one FTOG meeting as such, and are subject to a $10.00 per person door charge, payable in advance. Door charges can be applied to our annual family membership dues, $60.00, if membership is requested prior to, or during the day of the meeting. Thank you. Frank Debar

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the TBMA info is located here:

http://www.tbmassoc.com/

I am pretty sure its geared towards HOA/BOD folks, than regular timeshare owners...but I doubt they would mind if anyone who was interested in the topic wanted to attend their meeting!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
the TBMA info is located here:

http://www.tbmassoc.com/

I am pretty sure its geared towards HOA/BOD folks, than regular timeshare owners...but I doubt they would mind if anyone who was interested in the topic wanted to attend their meeting!

That is true. It is a management conference. A really, really long management conference.

Good information though and perhaps could inspire people to become board members.

yma01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I thought I had read of an informal meeting of Tuggers getting together in Orlando??

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that was last month.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
bump for this next weekend.

ill also try to bring a bunch of those Tshirts to give away =)

palmtree7339

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida Timeshare Owners Group. Clarification.

That is true. It is a management conference. A really, really long management conference.

Good information though and perhaps could inspire people to become board members.

As the head of the Florida Timeshare Owners Group since 2004, I feel that I should clear up any misunderstandings that our Group is a "Management" Group, geared towards management, and industry issues.
Our Group's focus is totally geared towards assisting all timeshare owners, by providing informative ways to enhance their benefit options while enjoying their vacation properties to the fullest.
Although we do invite Guest Speakers from exchange companies, management companies, and the timeshare media, the reason is to provide our members with the information that they need and want, in order for them to utilize their timeshare investment to the fullest.
If you had taken the opportunity to view our Group's website, www.tsownersgroup.com, you would have recognized that all of the above is true, and has been for the past 10 years.
Thank you. Frank Debar, Group Coordinator. fdebar433@gmail.com

palmtree7339

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Board Members Assn.

You are correct, that the Timeshare Board Members Assn is primarily geared towards issues currently facing Resort HOA Board members and Gen. Managers.
This organization, founded by the Publisher of TimeSharing Today magazine, Shep Altshuler, and of which I am a Charter member, is a separate & distinct body from the Florida Timeshare Owners Group.

I hope this may clear up any misunderstandings.

Frank Debar, FTOG Group Coordinator

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I attended the meeting today, and got to meet TugBrian

here he is answering questions

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 78

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Pleasure to meet you as well Ron...glad you could make it!

Set a record again for attendance at a timeshare gathering for this meeting here in St. Petersburg! (previous one was the villages timeshare meeting with over 100 guests!)

I'm semi-famous! =)

Thank you again to Frank for inviting me as a speaker, it was a great meeting as always!

palmtree7339

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Gathering in St. Petersberg? Don't Think So.

Pleasure to meet you as well Ron...glad you could make it!

Set a record again for attendance at a timeshare gathering for this meeting here in St. Petersburg! (previous one was the villages timeshare meeting with over 100 guests!)

I'm semi-famous! =)

Thank you again to Frank for inviting me as a speaker, it was a great meeting as always!

I was also at this meeting, and met with both Brian & Ron. But, this meeting was in Sarasota, FL., certainly not in St. Petersburg. Nevertheless, we enjoyed having Brian, as well as our other three Guest Speakers in attendance, at the 28th meeting of the Florida Timeshare Owners Group. (www.tsownersgroup.com). The next scheduled meeting will be on Nov. 16th. 2014. For more info, call me, (941) 351-1384.
Frank Debar, Group Coordinator. Florida Timeshare Owners Group.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
whoops, driving that long made me loose my mind =)

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there anywhere we can read or see the excerpts or highlights of this meeting?

There was one article I saw but it only dealt with exchanging options.

palmtree7339

TUG Member
Reaction score
Highlights of the Florida Timeshare Owners meeting in March are available.

To Lanny & others that may be interested in the highlights of the FTOG meeting held on March 30th, in Sarasota, FL.
You can obtain them by emailing me, at fdebar433@gmail.com.
Once I receive your requests, I shall email the "highlites and excerpts" that you are requesting.
The meeting was at full seating capacity, with Brian Rogers as one of four featured Guest Speakers.
Our website is www.tsownersgroup.com
Frank Debar, Chmn.
FTOG

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
To Lanny & others that may be interested in the highlights of the FTOG meeting held on March 30th, in Sarasota, FL.
You can obtain them by emailing me, at fdebar433@gmail.com.
Once I receive your requests, I shall email the "highlites and excerpts" that you are requesting.
The meeting was at full seating capacity, with Brian Rogers as one of four featured Guest Speakers.
Our website is www.tsownersgroup.com
Frank Debar, Chmn.
FTOG

I sent you a PM.

palmtree7339

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida Timeshare Owners Group. Response to Lanny.

Since I am unfamiliar with accessing PM's, could you either advise me as how to access the PM that you have sent me?
Or, please email me, or call me.
Frank Debar, Chmn. FTOG
(941) 351-1384