• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Luxury / StopFeesNow - is this legit or a scam?

dchat

Reaction score
I inquired with this company a few weeks ago, and wasn't sure about them, especially after all I have read about Timeshare Reseller Companies. So, I never called them back. Today I received this email from them. Is this legit?

---
From: Consulting Center [emal address deleted - no free advertising]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 7:01 PM
To: *****
Subject: ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT

Did you get my last email? I hope so. Because
it could end up saving you thousands of
dollars in timeshare fees...
… not only that, it could end up saving
your children -- and grandchildren --
tens of thousands of dollars.
Let me explain.
You see, when you purchased your
timeshare, you probably signed
a deed...
… and this deed (if you read the
fine print) states that...
Your Timeshare - and Its Annual Fees -
Will Be Passed Down To Your Children...
And Their Children... Forever!
Read that again. That timeshare - and its
annual fees - are yours (and your family’s)
FOREVER.
But there is a way to get rid of
your timeshare once and for all.
And you can all about it - at this
FREE webinar:
[deleted - we don't want to give this kind of company free advertising]
Your unique access code is: ********
Registration is only open for
the next 48 hours, and seats
are limited.

Hope to see you there,
[deleted - we don't want to give this kind of company free advertising]

We acquired your email from information you submitted
on one of our websites. If you would like to be removed
from future messages, you can click on the link below.
unsubscribe

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sure - if you want to hand over thousands of dollars to get rid of your timeshare!

Please consider giving your timeshare away to a private individual who would like to own it, before you spend a cent with a company like this.

Why?
-You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
-You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
-You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
-You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
-You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.

There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay the 2012 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple title transfer with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Many people have used Tugger TTT (Alan) at Time Travel Traders for this service in the past, but he is retired and is referring most business to Lisa Short for this service - 1.706.969.8906 readylegal@gmail.com Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2012 for the new owner

4) Instead of paying a fee to a rescue company - consider offering a cash incentive to the new owner.​

Good luck!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
********* ****** is one of those companies we affectionately call "Post Card Campanies" (PCCs). As you can see from the mail they sent you, they try to convince you that owning a timeshare is an endless burden and that it is darn near impossible to get rid of. Therefore, they will try to make it sound like it would be well worth your while to pay them thousands of dollars to take your timeshare off your hands.

When dealing with such companies, remember these points.

1) They don't take possession of your timeshare. They merely get you to sign a Power of Attorney (POA) authorizing them to try to find a buyer for your timeshare.

2) They will likely either list it on E-bay for a dollar or even ask the resort's HOA if it will accept your timeshare as a deed back (in lieu of foreclosure).

3) Until they have found a willing buyer/taker, you are still the legal owner and, hence, still responsible for the maintenance fees.

So do you see the problem(s) here? They are charging you thousands of dollars to do what you can do yourself for little or no money. Also, there's no guarantee they will do what you are paying them to do.

The general suggestions around here are these:

1) Ask the Resort's HOA if it will accept your timeshare deed back in lieu of foreclosure. Explain your plight that you can no longer afford the maintenance fees. If that doesn't work.....

2) Try the free giveaway method here on TUG:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... it could end up saving you thousands of dollars in timeshare fees ... … not only that, it could end up saving your children -- and grandchildren -- tens of thousands of dollars. Let me explain. You see, when you purchased your timeshare, you probably signed a deed ... and this deed (if you read the fine print) states that ... Your Timeshare - and Its Annual Fees - Will Be Passed Down To Your Children ... And Their Children... Forever!

First of all I have read my deeds a number of times and they do not say this. I am sure yours do not either. Heirs do not have to accept an inhertance or any part of one. On general principles, I would not do business with a firm that engages in this type of misrepresentation. I would be afraid of what else they may not be representing correctly.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Scare tactics

Not to mention the scare tactics they use to try and pry your money from you. No one can force your children, let alone THEIR children and so on, from inheriting a timeshare.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
SCAM SCAM SCAM

looks

smells

taste

scam

dchat

Reaction score
More emails from Timeshare Luxury and StopFeesForNow

And here is their email from today. It's amazing they get away with this stuff:

-----

This is your last day to register
for the webinar...
http://*********************/Registration.aspx
Your unique access code is: *********
… and seats are filling fast. Most people
registered after the last two emails, so
I’m sending one last message to fill
it up completely.

And at this point, I’m willing to “bribe” you
to attend.

You see, every person who attends the
entire webinar (no cutting out early)
will receive a special “thank you” gift...

… and believe me, you won’t want
to miss this.

It’s something every timeshare owner
needs now more than ever (but probably
doesn’t realize).

There are only a few remaining spots
available. Grab yours today:
deleted
Your unique access code is: ********
Hope to see you there,
[deleted]

-------------

A gentle request - please don't continue to post this companies contact info. - DeniseM Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'd need to know what the 'free' gift is. How much will it cost me?