• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally completed sale on Aveune Plaza

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Well it has been a long haul, but our resale finally got into the Wyndham system.

I have some questions.

This "floating week" timeshare had this years "week" included in the sale. Since, I can not go this year and (most of the weeks are not available), my understanding is that the only choice I have is to deposit it into RCI? Do I have to sign up with RCI directly or does Wyndham handle this? My understanding is that "Fixed week" resorts do not have a program fee associated with them so I would have to handle RCI and sign up independently with them. Is this correct?

I have assumptions on "Fixed weeks or Floating weeks" Wyndham resorts, please tell me if I am correct.

Fixed Weeks can not be banked only the Wyndham point system allows this. But they can be deposited into RCI. Correct?

You can not trade "weeks" into other Wyndham resorts using Wyndham, unless you use RCI or another owner willing to trade.

Access online reservations can not be used for Fixed Weeks, you have to use the phone?

We can divide our week into 3 day and 4 day visits. Is Friday the only day we can book the week? Can we book a week or a partial week that starts on a Tuesday?

Fixed weeks have no housekeeping credits to worry about.

Are there any other fees associated with fixed week owners besides MF's.

Are guest certificates necessary? I say this because my son lives in Louisiana
and he may use 2 stays a year.

What are the cancellation fees and rebooting fees?

Thank you in advance.
Wayne

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Well it has been a long haul, but our resale finally got into the Wyndham system.

I have some questions.

This "floating week" timeshare had this years "week" included in the sale. Since, I can not go this year and (most of the weeks are not available), my understanding is that the only choice I have is to deposit it into RCI? Do I have to sign up with RCI directly or does Wyndham handle this? My understanding is that "Fixed week" resorts do not have a program fee associated with them so I would have to handle RCI and sign up independently with them. Is this correct?
You are correct. Wyndham will not setup an RCI account for you... and you won't pay a program fee. But if you have a Wyndham points account, you can deposit your Avenue Plaza week to the RCI account that comes with (not to the RCI account accessed from the Wyndham portal that you deposit Wyndham points to, but the one you access from rci.com) There has to be a week available to book in order for you to deposit. You could also book a 3 or 4 night stay. Halloween is popular in New Orleans (and may not be available) but people do cancel reservations. I have picked up last minute reservations during popular events. For example, earlier this year I was able to grab NBA All-star weekend for a friend at the last minute.

I have assumptions on "Fixed weeks or Floating weeks" Wyndham resorts, please tell me if I am correct.

Fixed Weeks can not be banked only the Wyndham point system allows this. But they can be deposited into RCI. Correct?
Correct. If it's a week affiliated with II, you could also deposit there. Or use one of the other exchange companies.

You can not trade "weeks" into other Wyndham resorts using Wyndham, unless you use RCI or another owner willing to trade.
Correct. Or use another exchange company.

Access online reservations can not be used for Fixed Weeks, you have to use the phone?
Correct... at least for Avenue Plaza (which is my only non-points Wyndham ownership)

We can divide our week into 3 day and 4 day visits. Is Friday the only day we can book the week? Can we book a week or a partial week that starts on a Tuesday?
You can only book a 7 night stay starting Friday or Sunday. You can book a 3 or 4 night stay starting any day of the week... which means you could book a 3 night starting Tuesday, and a 4 night starting Friday. The check-in staff will try very hard to keep you in the same unit... they actually prefer it that way. The reservation folks will tell you there's a chance you'd have to change rooms... and you will receive 2 confirmation numbers.

Fixed weeks have no housekeeping credits to worry about.
Correct... even if you book 3 or 4 night stays, there's no extra charge for housekeeping.

Are there any other fees associated with fixed week owners besides MF's.
There are cancellation fees if you need to cancel/modify a reservation.

Are guest certificates necessary? I say this because my son lives in Louisiana and he may use 2 stays a year.
There is no charge to add a guest name to the reservation.

What are the cancellation fees and rebooting fees?
Cancellation fees... $25 at least 31 days prior to check-in... 30 days or less the fee is $150 (up to the day of check-in).

Also, you can make reservations up to 1 year in advance... maintenance fees (based on previous year fees) must be paid prior to booking.

Thank you in advance.
Wayne

My responses in RED.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you Juanita.

If there is anything else that anyone wants to add, I would appreciate it. Thanx.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
a couple of additions to FreeIn2010's excellent post

Check in for a full week can be either Fri or Sunday, but RCI accepts Fri check ins only

Split weeks can check in any day of the week so if you want a week but want to to check in on another day do this...Split the week and put a 3 day and 4 day reservation back to back....that way you can check in any day of the week. The staff will almost certainly be able to keep you in the same room

Remember these weeks float over the whole year, except for the 5 special event weeks. You wont be able to use your week for Mardi Gras week, or the week before Mardi Gras week, The two weeks of Jazz Fest (17 and 18) or the Sugar Bowl (week 52)

What hasnt been mentioned in this thread is "Avenue Plaza Weeks" your right to use week. For each week you own you have the right to reserve another week. and that week can be split too. and it can be either a one bedroom or a studio (doesnt matter which you own) You just have to pay the required maintenance fee. These reservations are non cancellable

A couple of things to be aware of. If you reserve a studio, the reservations desk will ask you if you want a studio with 2 queens or one king bed. and this will be on your confirmation. and either way maximum occupancy is 4 (yes even for a room with just one bed) However the resort assigns rooms on a first come first serve basis. It is possible for you to arrive with four people and get a room with just one bed....so call ahead to the resort and request what you need. No guarantees, but they usually do pretty well. And pack an air mattress to be safe

You have already experienced this, but it bears repeating.. This is a floating weeks resort so it is possible that if you dont make your reservation early you could get shut out...ie pay your fees and have no use of the place, not even a week to deposit to RCI or II. This is the nature of floating weeks resorts but the problem is worse here, because of split weeks and because of the right to use weeks. I own 10 weeks here, and Ive already made 6 reservations for next year and Ill make the rest (34 more) next week

enjoy

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you Ron. You are always helpful.
Wayne

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try and book anything you can ASAP. I got ownership in late September a few years ago and nothing left, so could not deposit.

All of those used weeks earlier this year are long gone.

Not like points where can deposit at very last minute.

YES! Do a Friday check in if depositing with RCI or will go into limbo.

Suggest paying estimated 2015 MF now and making 2015 reservation to avoid future problems.

You will have to set up and pay for RCI or II account on your own. Keep in mind deposit must have at least two months of useful life.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you Paco.

I got into the Wyndham system on 10/9 I will call Monday to see whats left.
Oh well, if I get shut out at least they were the "free" points.

That is good to know about the RCI deposit rules. I haven't looked into how RCI works, yet.

I didn't know you had to prepaid your next years weeks in order to book next years dates, either. Good to know.

If there are any other tips you can give me I would appreciate it.

You, Ron and Juanita have been great! Thank you.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well I called this morning (Tuesday) and was told that there are no rooms available for the rest of this year so I guess I am getting shut out, and since there are no weeks available I can not deposit them into RCI. Oh well, as I said before this was a free week anyway.

True, I had no control over this but there is nothing like learning from experience!

Here is a question to other Aveune Plaza owners.

When does this resort fill up?

If I ever buy another resale that comes with a free week (or current years usage) should I have the seller book a week for me? Is that possible?

I am planning to pay next years fees this week and book something soon.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
If your son is interested in staying a few days before year end or if you want to try renting, call back and see if they have 3/4 night stays you can book. That's better than nothing.

I don't know when it fills up. I make my reservations a year out. But I have also booked right-to-use reservations (not full weeks) a few weeks or even days ahead (but never this late in the year.)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy from an individual, by all means have them make a reservation for you..Its costs nothing to name you as the guest

as to when does this place fill up...I dont know either, but Ive made reservations as late as in July, Ive never waited any longer than that

FreeIn2010 is right,,,there may be some odd 3 day reservations you can still make

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I asked if there were any 3 -4 days opening but no luck!

I should have had the seller make a reservation, but you learn and move on!

Question.

For the right to use weeks. How does that work?
How do you book? Just call the Wyndham vacation counselor and ask?
Can you just get 3 days or you have to get the whole week. Can it be split?

Thank you,
Wayne

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked if there were any 3 -4 days opening but no luck!

I should have had the seller make a reservation, but you learn and move on!

Question.

For the right to use weeks. How does that work?
How do you book? Just call the Wyndham vacation counselor and ask?
Can you just get 3 days or you have to get the whole week. Can it be split?

Thank you,
Wayne

You call the same number used for the regular Avenue Plaza Reservations reservations (this is not the Wyndham points number), the correct number is 800-225-3522

and yes the right to use weeks can be split, (3 and 4 day reservations) but you have to pay the whole weeks mf. when you reserve the first half. A nice feature is that whether you own a studio or a one bedroom, you can use your right to use week in a one bedroom or a studio. oh!...and rtus are a final purchase...no cancellations...

another thing that may not have been mentioned is that there are some studio/one bedroom pairs with a connecting door (lockoffs) . You cant reserve these, but if you arrive early and ask, they might be able to make it happen for you. ...So use your regular week and your rtu week at the same time and get a 2 bedroom lockoff.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, Ron.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update:

I was able to deposit my "no rooms available" week into RCI. Wyndham used a bulk deposit, so there was no lost week. I had no idea that can be done since there were no available weeks to deposit. Thank you, Joy at Wyndham for telling me that it can be done.

I was presently surprised that the deposited 1 bedroom week had a trading value of 25. Seems like there are alot of nice trades out there for that value.

Thank you tug board members....