• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In New Orleans, getting the spin...

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a Worldmark owner and I've been out of the timeshare loop for a few years. I decided to ask questions about Worldmark and Wyndham and ended up in a presentation, of course. They told me up until the very end that as a Worldmark Owner that I could access all of Wyndham's programs, all I needed to do was to fill out the paperwork.

I just waited for the bottom line....the bottom line was I need to spend $10,000 + dollars to join Wyndham. I asked to take the papers with me and he wouldn't let me. I asked to take a picture of them, and he said he would write it down for me. I argued and got a picture taken. Craziness.

What's the cheapest way to get Wyndham points for Worldmark members now?
:annoyed:

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Post the picture. You earned it.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you brought directly from Worldmark - the developer ... you should have access via the Club Pass option. And you would also have access to Shell vacation resorts.

The 2nd means is to just buy some resale Wyndham points. Many go for $1 plus free closing.. it is nickel & dime fees plus the MFs. Do a lot of research to understand HOW different the costs are between resorts; then look at CWA.

The 3rd means is most likely the simplest -- just rent from a Wyndham Vacation owner who has extra points --- might be the cheapest also -- as most past along their VIP level discount. :D

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does renting from VIP member work? Sorry. Rent points from a member? I don't have an account to put them in.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
You would also have Club Pass available if you purchased your WorldMark account prior to November, 2006. If you were a WorldMark owner before that date it doesn't matter whether you purchased from the developer or resale.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Yes. I have club pass, but I hate that you have to call and be transferred and it's not online.

Agreed. In addition, the cost in credits for the properties make them very expensive. The best way is to just do an exchange via RCI or rent from a Wyndham owner. The Wyndham owner would make the reservation and rent the time to you just like any other vacation rental.

The real question is why you want access to the Wyndham properties. If it's for a specific property, then try renting or exchanging. If it's just for something different, then you might also look at exchanging via II instead of RCI. You will be able to access Marriotts, Starwood/Westin and Four Season which are higher quality than the Wyndhams. II is cheaper than RCI both in joining and exchange fees.
Personally, I don't think the Wyndhams are worth the effort. The sales department is really pushing it as a very high end experience, but the one's I have stayed at haven't matched the hype. I'm more interested in locations and practicalities like enough closet space (vs having to use the soaking tub for storage in Oceanside) than in granite or spiffy finishes.

Sue

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does renting from VIP member work? Sorry. Rent points from a member? I don't have an account to put them in.

No you dont rent points. You rent the reservation...Tell owner what you want , we make the reservation and add you as our guest.

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason I want access to Wyndham is because we live in Alabama, and there are very few resorts through Worldmark in our area. It would just give us a lot more options.

But I will consider the II idea. Do I have to deposit my points thru II, or could I do that after I find what I want?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason I want access to Wyndham is because we live in Alabama, and there are very few resorts through Worldmark in our area. It would just give us a lot more options.

But I will consider the II idea. Do I have to deposit my points thru II, or could I do that after I find what I want?

I had a similar problem, I owne Wyndham but wanted access to the Worldmark resorts...so I bought Worldmark

Its cheaper and easier to go the other way, and add Wyndham points to what you own. It it turns out you dont use all your worldmark, you can always rent those credits. Unlike Wyndham, Worldmark does allow Owner to Owner transfers.