• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham exchange affiliation suddenly changed?

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought my Wyndham points for Governors Green in Williamsburg on eBay in 2008. I specifically selected a resort affiliated with II, because I wanted to exchange with Disney. My parents have Wyndham points that trade in RCI, so I really wanted II. I've had my II account since 2008 and have made five exchanges in that time.

Today, I went on to Wyndham to deposit some points to II, and the system is telling there is a discrepancy and that my account trades through RCI. Has anyone had this happen? I'll be calling to find out, but if there is something weird going on, I figured someone here would know.

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Similar ...

... notice lately in the WorldMark system. They had a scheme whereby you could deposit I/I or RCI units and end up with WM credits. Now they only take 'em via RCI.

Uncle Davey

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the phone with them right now. Apparently, on Sept 12th, they moved my account to RCI. They will no longer have any association with II. Points already deposited in II can still be used in II, but any future deposit will be with RCI.

Not happy about this AT ALL.

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, now you get to exchange Disney again?

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, now you get to exchange Disney again?

True! It means I won't have to keep stealing my parents' points. But they use mine for Starwood and Marriott exchanges. I guess I may need to pick up a cheap TS that's II affiliated.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can call over to Wyndham to ask them about the II switch to RCI.

However, on a good note RCI is constantly getting more and more resorts.

With RCI you CAN NOW book the DVC / Disney Resorts. Disney is now with RCI and is no longer with II.

Inventory for DVC changes daily and you can request an ongoing search with RCI to get the Disney Resort in the room size that you are looking for. On the RCI site I always see 1 bedroom units - but you can get a 2 bedroom with an ongoing search request and to put in your dates until you get a match for what you want.

On these boards information was previously posted about Wyndham Members receiving a letter regarding the change and if a Club Wyndham member did not want the change then they would have to send a letter over to Wyndham or something like that?

Wyndham should have notified you in writing. If you were not notified - I would make sure to get on the phone and speak with a supervisor.

Good luck!

Cynthia T. :)

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can call over to Wyndham to ask them about the II switch to RCI.

However, on a good note RCI is constantly getting more and more resorts.

With RCI you CAN NOW book the DVC / Disney Resorts. Disney is now with RCI and is no longer with II.

Inventory for DVC changes daily and you can request an ongoing search with RCI to get the Disney Resort in the room size that you are looking for. On the RCI site I always see 1 bedroom units - but you can get a 2 bedroom with an ongoing search request and to put in your dates until you get a match for what you want.

On these boards information was previously posted about Wyndham Members receiving a letter regarding the change and if a Club Wyndham member did not want the change then they would have to send a letter over to Wyndham or something like that?

Wyndham should have notified you in writing. If you were not notified - I would make sure to get on the phone and speak with a supervisor.

Good luck!

Cynthia T. :)

Yep! We love exchange to Disney using RCI. We actually did one exchange with II to OKW right when we bought, and then DVC switched to RCI shortly thereafter. We've been using my parents' RCI-affiliated points to make DVC exchanges since that time.

We've used our II account to trade into Westin, Marriott, and Worldmark properties for ourselves and for my parents, and I've booked II getaways for my parents as well. It will stink not having access to II, but I'm already planning to put in my OGS for Aulani :)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Most people got letters that said if you do not notify Wrexham you will be automatically switched to RCI. Tell them you never received such notification and you want to remain with II. If you switch to RCI you won't be able to go back to II.

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Unless you are quite comfortable with the switch to RCI, I would fight to get your II membership reestablished. You will see in the above thread that II is now giving Accomodation Certificates with each deposit for a couple of years as a reward to Wyndham owners that stick with II. I have already made good use of three of those certificates that I received in recent weeks.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Unless you are quite comfortable with the switch to RCI, I would fight to get your II membership reestablished. You will see in the above thread that II is now giving Accomodation Certificates with each deposit for a couple of years as a reward to Wyndham owners that stick with II. I have already made good use of three of those certificates that I received in recent weeks.

Ditto. Wyndham isn't moving people to RCI, to benefit owners, but rather to line their pockets. If you never received the notification and you want to remain with II I would definitely press the issue. You'll likely need to go up the chain from the front line reps.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really weird. I just reviewed my e-mail, and I found the message. However, mine was sent on August 6 this year, not in January/February like everyone else in the earlier thread. The e-mail subject was "Wyndham RCI Letter." I never even noticed the message. I get a lot of junk e-mail from Wyndham, so if it isn't a statement or a confirmation, I am sure I just skipped right over it.

Now I have to decide what to do. I did receive the message, even though I didn't realize it. I wonder if it would be a pain to try to switch back? Also, we do exchange into DVC quite a bit, so maybe it would make sense to go with RCI.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you let them keep you in RCI, you will never be able to switch back. Different people got the notice at different times. January was the first group and the later groups were in August and September. If you want to stay with II, you will need to decide ASAP and start fighting with the argument that you never received the notification.

Since Wyndham and RCI have the same parent company, it is in there interest to change you over to RCI instead of paying II (another company) for the annual membership and then have you paying that other company for exchanges and getaways. It is in their interest to keep the money with RCI. That being said some prefer RCI to II so if it works for you, then switching benefits everyone. If you prefer II, this was your opportunity to stay with II (and hopefully its not too late for you). Wyndham will continue to try to convince you to switch to rci and may make you jump through hoops to stay with II.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've used our II account to trade into Westin, Marriott, and Worldmark properties for ourselves and for my parents, and I've booked II getaways for my parents as well. It will stink not having access to II, but I'm already planning to put in my OGS for Aulani :)

How often have you used II to trade into WorldMark? Why not buy a small WorldMark account for a couple of thousand dollars and join II for any year that you want to exchange? You can then choose any WM resort up to 13 months in advance and not have to settle for whatever WM chooses to deposit to II or you can choose to exchange with II into Westin or Marriott. Plus, with WM you can enter as many ongoing searches as you want to pay for; you are not limited to just one per year as with a small Wyndham/II or RCI ownership.

If the WM II exchange does not connect, the exchange fee is refunded. If it does connect, the credits are deducted from your WM account, and you can rent-in more credits from other members if you want to enjoy additional exchanges.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
How often have you used II to trade into WorldMark? Why not buy a small WorldMark account for a couple of thousand dollars and join II for any year that you want to exchange? You can then choose any WM resort up to 13 months in advance and not have to settle for whatever WM chooses to deposit to II or you can choose to exchange with II into Westin or Marriott. Plus, with WM you can enter as many ongoing searches as you want to pay for; you are not limited to just one per year as with a small Wyndham/II or RCI ownership.

If the WM II exchange does not connect, the exchange fee is refunded. If it does connect, the credits are deducted from your WM account, and you can rent-in more credits from other members if you want to enjoy additional exchanges.

This is a good idea. I've had my eye on Worldmark for some time. The system looks very appealing.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
II has indicated that they want to keep Wyndham traders. If you choose to try to stay with II maybe they will try to help. See the posts in the previous thread about contacting II for this purpose.

rabbit710

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back to Interval International

When I did not see the E-mail stating that I would be switched to Interval International to RCI if I did not respond, I received a welcome package from RCI. My husband contacted Wyndham and was advised to write a letter that we both signed. We mailed the letter and explained that we missed the deadline, because we did not see the E-mail and wanted to be switched back to Interval International. It takes about 8 weeks. However, we called yesterday and we were told that we were switched back to Interval International.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Submitted twice by mistake.

Last edited:

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
However, we called yesterday and we were told that we were switched back to Interval International.

Welcome back. Make sure you get your ACs when you deposit.