• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How important is Wyndham Timestamp?

dlca1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Wyndham Community

I was looking to rent a week at the Bonnett Creek Wyndham in late April 2014 (value season).

How important is timestamp when honoring special requests? I'm a Starwood Owner and timestamp of reservation is critical with that system. I'm not as familiar with the wyndham system.

I have a 1 and 3 year old and would like to optimize my chances of a building 5/6 (for the zero entry pool) and with a view of the pool below/lake.

I know a lot of the VIP's will do the point-swap at the 60 day mark and reservation/requests are made at that point.

I was thinking of booking a presidential suite to guarantee a building 6 room. Question: I know it will cost me a little more, but does timestamp matter with Wyndham? How much better are my chances to get a pool/lake view if I book with somebody now vs. somebody who will rebook at the 60 day mark?

Thanks

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Dear Wyndham Community

I was looking to rent a week at the Bonnett Creek Wyndham in late April 2014 (value season).

How important is timestamp when honoring special requests? I'm a Starwood Owner and timestamp of reservation is critical with that system. I'm not as familiar with the wyndham system.

I have a 1 and 3 year old and would like to optimize my chances of a building 5/6 (for the zero entry pool) and with a view of the pool below/lake.

I know a lot of the VIP's will do the point-swap at the 60 day mark and reservation/requests are made at that point.

I was thinking of booking a presidential suite to guarantee a building 6 room. Question: I know it will cost me a little more, but does timestamp matter with Wyndham? How much better are my chances to get a pool/lake view if I book with somebody now vs. somebody who will rebook at the 60 day mark?

Thanks

My experience has been that the sooner you book the better location you get. Albeit the better location will be as defined by the the person making that decision. When I book with my points I always get on the computer the moment the 10 or 13 month window opens. When I rent, I rent from an owner that gets the discount at 60 days. When I rent it is never as good a location as when I book at 10 mo. Or better yet 13 mo. But I am saving money so I don't mind the location not being prime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last summer, our 4 bedroom Presidential was in Building 2 overlooking the parking lot and furthest from the pools that the kids wanted. Even though it was right next to mini golf, we still had to walk far to get the clubs and balls. Just want you to know that a presidential won't guarantee a building, and I don't recommend building 2 :(

They refused to even entertain a request beforehand, though I am no VIP. I booked at 10 months out at 7 AM.

Our stay before that was in Building 5 overlooking the lake - much more satisfactory!

Good Luck!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 - 3 bedroom presidentials are all in tower 6.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timestamp? It is usually what ever unit is available when you checkin. Only VIP owners (and on the actual reservation) can book a specific room and have a "DO NOT MOVE" tag on the room.

Some resorts will try to honor a specific request if you call in a week or two ahead of time, but it is not guaranteed.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timestamp? It is usually what ever unit is available when you checkin. Only VIP owners (and on the actual reservation) can book a specific room and have a "DO NOT MOVE" tag on the room.

Some resorts will try to honor a specific request if you call in a week or two ahead of time, but it is not guaranteed.

sandkastle is right, Wyndham generally doesnt assign room until check in. he way to get the room/building you want at Bonnet Creek is to arrive early and ask nicely.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
sandkastle is right, Wyndham generally doesnt assign room until check in. he way to get the room/building you want at Bonnet Creek is to arrive early and ask nicely.

The prior 2 posters are CORRECT. Unless it is a FIXED WEEK ownership, there is NO ABSOLUTELY "You will be in this unit".

Unless: if is a newer resort (Ocean Blvd) where the points needed to book are charged based on view (ocean front or ocean view) ... I don't think any resort or chain has started a discounted point value called "Dumpster View" or "Concrete (prison) Wall View". The closest possible NEGATIVE category are the lesser points units at AKV ... and believe it or not, those are the first units booked out.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score

That has always been our experience in the past as well, but not this summer.

We arrived at noon and were super nice. I asked if we could get a lake view, and the girl at the check in desk said "sure" until she saw that it was a Presidential. She said that the Presidentials were assigned off-site, and there was nothing she could do to change the assignment. She was very accommodating with the second unit we had booked for the same time that wasn't a presidential. I am not a VIP, so I just took my lumps graciously.

The people across from us with the good view arrived at about 5 PM. I think that something must have changed with Bonnet Creek's system as far as assigning units. When I had called in advance to try to make a request, they also said that there were no requests taken for Presidentials without even knowing my VIP status. Weird.

dlca1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice/tips. Sounds like there are conflicting reports.

I ended up choosing to rent from a Wyndham VIP/Tugger. Will post back when we check in to let folks know how it worked out.

Cheers