• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I call in to Wyndham

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had a resale purchase of 2.3 Million at National Harbor Points finally make it to my account after a 6 month long trek from onset of purchase to it being deposited into my account. The points deposited into my account on Friday and I keep checking to see if I have the 30 guest certificates that I was expecting to get.
I know I am not supposed to get them as I understand that a glitch in their system was the cause of the adding of guests certificates.
Should I call customer service? I'm expecting them to just say that I am not supposed to get those guest certificates as I did not purchase those points from Wyndham.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
You might not get them this year, unless you call and argue. The calculation is automatic and it happens at the start of your use year. Given that you deposited the points after the start of the use year, that calculation will not be triggered automatically. I do not know how the resale will impact the scenario.

If the calculation is correct you will get 45, not 30. You get 15 for each 1 M or portion there of. So 2.3 will result in 45.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those are resale points --- either they will show up this year (glich happened, enjoy) or NOT (Wyndham coded the new stuff right according to their rules). Don't expect them to EVER show up on the start of your USE YEAR unless it did not get coded resale.

DO NOT CALL WYNDHAM ... the less they look at YOUR ACCOUNT, the better off YOU are.

I would NOT expect the GCs to ever show up.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is what I was suggesting via points from resale DO NOT actually qualify for those free GC. Only developer VIP points. And VIP only comes from buying from Wyndham directly. So you could get no new GCs from that resale purchase. Ouch.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale points get only 1 "FREE" GC per year.

If you have more than 1 contract in your membership account it does not matter.

The points must be eligible points, purchased from the developer and not through resale.

If you have more GC than that from this purchase then you are extremely lucky and it may be a glitch in the system.

Cynthia T. :)

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not aware of a "glitch" that includes GC's coming from resale purchases. Unless you are extremely lucky and it doesn't get coded resale.

I think I know which contract that was. I called on it but couldn't agree on a price (I was too cheap, it turns out.) Nice contract!

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale points get only 1 "FREE" GC per year.

Not doubting Cynthia, but can someone chime in on this for folks that have over 1M points.

In addition, I have 945K plus a 315K Even year contract, will that consider me as a million point owner to get the additional Guest Certificates if I'm eligible as a resale owner?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am VIP so I do get the free GC. I think you will need someone who is resale points to answer that question. But if they have resales and have gotten the GC, you may not get them to post it here, in case wyndham is monitoring. Asking them to PM you might be a better idea.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I was confused thinking I would get them. My last purchase was a PIC of 2 3 bedroom red week and I got GC's so I was thinking I would get them.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not aware of a "glitch" that includes GC's coming from resale purchases. Unless you are extremely lucky and it doesn't get coded resale.

I think I know which contract that was. I called on it but couldn't agree on a price (I was too cheap, it turns out.) Nice contract!

I think I remember you and someone else talking about them here. I did pay a lot for them $18,000 :D But the price the original owner paid for the contract was $330,000. Which when I thought about it, it was not too bad of a price. Contract of that size don't come around too often.

So, I'm hoping in the long run I will be pleased with the purchase.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PIC week are different and NOT considered or classified resales from a Wyndham point of view. You receive the points and the underlying GC based on point values of the PIC weeks. Obviously 2 3BR (or larger) Red season weeks are the best you can do as far as PICs go.