• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aargh---owners update

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
:crash: Why oh why did I let them talk me into it. I don't do owners updates--its been 3 1/2 yrs since the last unpleasant experience. Here at Sedona--had to get my 'parking pass'. Told them no not interested in an update 3x. He kept increasing the visa gift card--went from $25 to $75 and a promise of this is only an update on benefits and changes to the program--we are not trying to sell you anything blah blah blah. Can't believe I fell for it:wall: Told the saleman I belong to TUG, Wyndham owners forum, was a savy resale buyer, well versed in the program etc., not interested in upgrading or purchasing today. He got mad 'then why are you wasting my time?' I told him this is why I don't do updates--can't believe I let them talk me in to it: I repeat I will NEVER let myself get talked in to another 'update'. Just needed to vent--Dawn
Hope my Broken Arrow Jeep trip is awesome--using the $75 visa gift card to pay for it

rrlongwell

Reaction score
: ... Told the saleman I belong to TUG, Wyndham owners forum, was a savy resale buyer, well versed in the program etc., not interested in upgrading or purchasing today. He got mad 'then why are you wasting my time?' ...

Thanks for the update on how the Update went. Look on the bright side, you got the gift and did not spend much time there. You may have broke the code on how to get the Owner's Update in a very short period of time.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just tell them the truth!

1. They would not give me my parking pass

2. I will rent my soul to the Devil if price is right

3. Only 1(one) in some 15-20 buy. Who lied to you and told you I was that one?

4. Why don't body snatchers tell the truth, you are being signed up for 2-3 hour ordeal where one or more sales people will beat you up, ridicule, lie, etc. Rhetorical question! Would not get my bounty and you would not get any one to try and scam!

Just remember they have to gift you if alive at end of proscribed time or they terminate early per 30 Fairfield Rules of Conduct.:cheer:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
recently I have been taking Pacos approach.. I just tell the truth. It makes for a painless experience on my side of the table. I cant speak for the salesman however.

New2time

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
bccash63- going to Sedona in June- guess I can expect to have to get a "parking pass" then- can I avoid the parking pass? What will happen, if anything, if I dont get it there?

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
My first owners update I also got the "we just want to go over the changes in the program" and then the "then why are you wasting my time?". If it's raining and I'm bored, I'll do an "update" without DW. Since no spouse means no gift, and no credit toward their quota, they'll usually give me a newbie to let him practice his lines. It is interested to find out the current selling prices, and amazing that people are still buying at those prices.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
:crash: Why oh why did I let them talk me into it. I don't do owners updates--its been 3 1/2 yrs since the last unpleasant experience. Here at Sedona--had to get my 'parking pass'. Told them no not interested in an update 3x. He kept increasing the visa gift card--went from $25 to $75 and a promise of this is only an update on benefits and changes to the program--we are not trying to sell you anything blah blah blah. Can't believe I fell for it:wall: Told the saleman I belong to TUG, Wyndham owners forum, was a savy resale buyer, well versed in the program etc., not interested in upgrading or purchasing today. He got mad 'then why are you wasting my time?' I told him this is why I don't do updates--can't believe I let them talk me in to it: I repeat I will NEVER let myself get talked in to another 'update'. Just needed to vent--Dawn
Hope my Broken Arrow Jeep trip is awesome--using the $75 visa gift card to pay for it

You may want to review the following link.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169515

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have come to the point of just telling the salesman that I have heard and know about "XYZ" program so they can't start to explain it and That I have paid $386 for my 500,000 points. It usually ends it pretty quick.

Jason

dr_adventure

Reaction score
I always tell them - well the person offered me $XXX and I know her job is just to get me to come - Sounds like you need to change your organizational policy if you are upset with me.

dbmarch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Hyatt Windward Pointe
:crash: He got mad 'then why are you wasting my time?'

My answer: Because you wanted to give me $75! Why are you wasting my time?

This always happens to me and I usually get kicked out of the room where they are selling (after i get my gift).:whoopie:

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always tell them - well the person offered me $XXX and I know her job is just to get me to come - Sounds like you need to change your organizational policy if you are upset with me.

I may use this answer in the future-I like it! dawn

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

I bet you loved your Broken Arrow trip. We hiked that trail 2 weeks ago. Sedona is awesome!! We got $125 w/o a presentation in Branson today. They decided we were a potential problem...correct on that!

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the pink jeep tour was awesome. Have never been to Sedona before and can't wait to go back. On a side note-I did a fairly painless presentation with Diamond Resorts for 'the ancients way' helicoptor tour with Red Rock helicoptors--it was fabulous and worth the 90 mins I gave Diamond for $137.05. Although I did tell them at the start that I almost cancelled because of the bad experience I had with my Wyndham owners update.
DAWN

madrusty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who needs a parking pass anyway?

I usually don't bother with the parking pass. Never had a problem without it, since it's just a ruse for update.
Kim