• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Resort in Denver Colorado is?

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live on the east coast as well. I've skied both East and West Coast resorts. My view is that most costs are comparable between the major resorts in the two areas, especially during holiday weeks if you stay ski in/out. The primary cost benefit to go to Vermont and Maine is that you do not have to pay airfare if you live within driving distance. This is not an insignificant savings.

That said, a 8 hour drive to northern Vermont with the entire family, oftentimes in inclement weather, is not my idea of fun and I'd much rather be at Alta or Breckenridge or Beaver Creek and pay extra for the airfare so that I can have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. You get a more pleasant travel experience, three times the annual snowfall, twice the vertical elevation, and five times the acreage to ski. Plus some type of terrain such as bowls do not exist in the east.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
All true but most 6 year olds are not skiing the basins or covering the terrain. They are on the lower Hill.

Also most parents of 6 year olds on lessons are not skiing the whole terrain as they need to be closer to the lesson base.

To take an even bigger terrain look at the 3 ( really 5) valley's in France.

You can easily ski a two hour return trip home in a day. Eg stay on Val Thorens and ski over to Courchevel for lunch. Return would be up hill. Up the side of the Courchevel Valley down one side of Merited and up the other, down Val Valley and the up to val from St Martin or Les Menuires.

A day like that IMHO would need a parent closer to the home base, though this is an extreme example.

Also with young kids that are old enough to ski together without parents having a more simple to navigate resort is also better. Whiteface or Pico on the east coast for example all slopes lead to the bottom base Lodge. Its hard to get lost compared to say Killington with 6 bases.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Breck, I would also suggest Valdoro. While we not longer downhill ski, we use our ski week in December for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and enjoying small town holiday activities. The location is excellent if you enjoy walking to locations rather than driving. They also have several shuttle vans available. There is a nice pool (shared with a small condo complex) with several hot-tubs, steam rooms,spa services and a good exercise room.
Another nice Breck resort is Beaver Run. It's a condo hotel. Good space / kitchens.

Not a timeshare though.