• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV - is this a good promotion?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dh got an invite in the mail from Westin to stay for 5 nights/6 days at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas in an island view studio villa. Stay comes with 5,000 Starpoints or a $75 resort certificate plus a 6 day Avis car rental. Cost is $798.

Normally we (or at least I) throw these offers out. But dh thinks he's interested in this one. We have to commit (although not to a firm date) by July 21 and have 12 months to visit. We are already planning to go back to Maui in March, 2017 so this would most likely be an add on.

I'm not seeing anything about a required presentation, although I would be surprised if one wasn't required.

What I'm trying to figure out is if the price is actually a good one for the time, and the unit.

TIA

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got that too and read it over pretty carefully and saw nothing about a required presentation. It also didn't say the normal timeshare disclosure you typically see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a good deal - lots of owners have done it - including me.

-A presentation isn't required, but they will offer you something like a $100 gift card to do it.

These Studios rent for about $1,550 per week, from an owner. They have a nice little kitchenette with everything except an oven, and also an ensuite washer/dryer. You want to request the North Phase, because the South Phase Studios don't have a lanai, and the North Phase doesn't have any parking lot views.

North Phase:

FP-WKORN-STUDIO-PRM-VILLA.gif

South Phase:

FP-WKOR-STUDIO-PRM-VILLA-2BLO.gif

Kitchenette:

4249a4df-a29e-4339-84d9-1298565288e7.jpg

Last edited:

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also took advantage of it and went through the presentation (which was not required) for the gift. They weren't pushy at all. I would say it was worth it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We also took advantage of it and went through the presentation (which was not required) for the gift. They weren't pushy at all. I would say it was worth it.

Whether they are pushy or not really depends on which sales person you get - I have had a nasty one there.

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
It is a very good deal. My friend just took advantage of the offer this past winter and simply said "No, Thank You." to the presentation. She had a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Thanks for the input.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I call and request this offer if I don't have an email invite? Thanks

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Can I call and request this offer if I don't have an email invite? Thanks

I don't think so. It wasn't an email invite that dh got, it was a snail mail invite. It says it's only available to the person whose name is on the written offer.

Of course you could always call and see what happens. The phone number is 800-278-1488. However, they do say you need to refer to the preferred invitation number, which you wouldn't have.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. It wasn't an email invite that dh got, it was a snail mail invite. It says it's only available to the person whose name is on the written offer.

Of course you could always call and see what happens. The phone number is 800-278-1488. However, they do say you need to refer to the preferred invitation number, which you wouldn't have.

This is the standard owner referral offer.

The car rental portion is a credit towards the price of the rental, and may not completely cover it.

Sometimes you can ask for a 1BR unit instead of the studio, at some relatively small additional cost.

The requirement to attend a sales presentation varies based on where you live. In some states/provinces they aren't allowed to tie the offer to your having to come to the sales pitch, but as someone already mentioned, they'll give you either money (cant remember if it was a credit against charges placed to your room only) or SPG points for attending.

You possibly got it because an existing owner put your name down on a list as a referral.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
This is the standard owner referral offer.

The car rental portion is a credit towards the price of the rental, and may not completely cover it.

Sometimes you can ask for a 1BR unit instead of the studio, at some relatively small additional cost.

You possibly got it because an existing owner put your name down on a list as a referral.

Interesting. We are not owners and I don't know anyone who does own there. Dh is, or was, a Starwoods customer (not timeshare) but we haven't used them for years.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. We are not owners and I don't know anyone who does own there. Dh is, or was, a Starwoods customer (not timeshare) but we haven't used them for years.

Might be other "lists" they use to target potential buyers...

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I would love to receive this offer, if anyone would like to refer me I would love it. This is a really good offer and I hope you guys take it and enjoy every minute. Have fun

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
They told me I probably got the referral from staying at a Sheraton (Desert Oasis) timeshare years ago. :shrug:

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
This sweepstakes ad just came up in my Facebook feed. It might be worth it to get your name on their marketing list from which they send offers ... or you might just win the trip!

6934f8d409be434a800b71cc43b86e49.jpeg

Link goes to this page (FB referrer removed):

https://www.vistana.com/sweepstakes/hawaiian-paradise