• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quitting timeshare

Kenya

Reaction score
Dear TUGGERS,

I HAVE A QUESTION:

We got bamboozled by Peninsula Beach/Bay Resort in Bali 2 years ago (December 2011 / January 2012).

We paid the price of the unit (a studio for 2/4 persons) in full almost immediately ($15,000)... It was too late when we realized we had been lied to about the nature of the product. We've already talked to lawyers, etc. etc. You already know the story...

HERE IS MY QUESTION:

We want to quit.
We don't want our money back.
We don't want to pay yet another bunch of crooks to do so.
We want to do this before paying the annual fee in January.

ANY SUGGESTION?

Sincerely,

Kenya

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it deeded? Have you asked the resort if they'll accept a deed-back. offer it back in lieu of a foreclosure. Tell them you aren't paying another cent and if they want it, you'll sign it over. Be persistent. The answer you get first is not the final answer.

We have no idea what possible consequences or repercussions can be on a person it Japan, over a timeshare in Bali. We have a hard enough time advising people in USA backing out of a USA timeshare.

I wish you well, and hope you are able to find a way out. By all means, don't pay anyone to help you n'get out of your timeshare. Those deals are scams.

Jim

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know the Japanese legal system, but I wouldn't have the slightest reservations about defaulting on an obligation due under the laws/court system of Bali living I the USA

The ability to enforce debts/judgment's across international borders is extremely limited and far more costly than the value of the debt.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Dear Tuggers,

I just cancel my Westgate Time Share
Contract last week by sending them the cancellation letter and never did return the calls from them but i just wann know if there's a need for me to return the whole
Welcome Kit?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just cancel my Westgate Time Share
Contract last week by sending them the cancellation letter and never did return the calls from them but i just wann know if there's a need for me to return the whole Welcome Kit?

You'll be charged $50 if you fail to return those owner materials; Westgate can (and will) just withhold that $50 from your refund if you fail to return those materials.

Your decision, your $50...

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the said information though i did send them the kits on that same day i mailed my cancellation letter.But just yesterday they sent me an email with the revised proposed plan again but i replied to it stating that my decision to cancel is final and he replied that it's ok with them and told me to just check my documents on the procedure that's why I'm bothered again since I might have missed something there aside from the postmarked cancellation letter?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
...just yesterday they sent me an email with the revised proposed plan again but i replied to it stating that my decision to cancel is final and he replied that it's ok with them and told me to just check my documents on the procedure that's why I'm bothered again since I might have missed something there aside from the postmarked cancellation letter?

There truly isn't much of anything you can do "wrong" in submitting a contract rescission, as long as:

1. You have clearly stated your rescission / cancellation of the contract. "I rescind and cancel (insert purchase details and date)" is clear and sufficient.

2. All parties who signed the original contract also signed the rescission letter and you provided original (i.e., not just photocopied) signatures.

3. The rescission correspondence was sent by certified mail and to the correct address, as indicated in your rescission instructions.

4. The postmark date of the rescission letter was within that state's defined rescission period, as clearly specified in the applicable state law. (I hope that you have retained your date-stamped, USPS counter-issued, certified mail receipt. In the event of any dispute, you can prove postmark-date compliance with that receipt).

That's about it. The fact that the disappointed sales weasels have (predictably) already contacted you to try to "sweeten and salvage the deal" clearly and conclusively demonstrates that they have received and that they fully understand your signed rescission correspondence.

I advise against any communication with these people by phone or email. Both avenues are legally meaningless and both have potential for "manufactured confusion" or "convenient misunderstanding". Do you really want to give these hungry weasels any opportunity to play with and maybe alter your email message(s), for example? :eek:

Let your rescission letter do ALL of the "communicating". Phone or email "chat" is worthless, can't help you --- and could just unnecessarily complicate matters for you.
You've already succeeded in closing that door --- now keep it locked!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the informations again and at least this time I am pretty much assured that I won't get into trouble with what I did and at least will have peace of mind finally that I got out of that very stressful situation.