• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have any Mayan Palace contracts hit the 25 year mark?

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have any Tuggers had their Mayan Palace contracts come to the 25 year renewal point and have decided not to renew for the 5 X mf and just walked away at that point? Just wondering and thinking ahead.....oh yes and assuming that there are any MP units at that point given their penchant for up sales and up development.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you would like to edit your title, click on EDIT and then ADVANCED EDIT - I suspect you are missing a word or 2.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
mine will be due on 2021 when it was the time i will think but it its was this year i yes renew i have rent them all the time and have no problem at all when will be yours?
i have 7 mayan 2br 1+1 , and 1 grand mayan and continues to look for another grand mayan now :)

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine's not due for 7 years or so, and I don't believe we'll extend. That will probably be a good time to let go in our retirement.
Though, have to admit I've also had good luck renting for a nice price, but I can get holiday weeks.

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, the question is two-fold- first, assuming the contract runs for 25 years and started in 2001, that means that useage in 2026 should be part of the original 25 year term- diesn't it?

And secondly, what are the mechanics for not re-upping? I am assuming there must be some notification to Vidanta or Vida or whomever and a refusal to pay the 5X maintenance fee.

Just wondering.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, the question is two-fold- first, assuming the contract runs for 25 years and started in 2001, that means that useage in 2026 should be part of the original 25 year term- diesn't it?

And secondly, what are the mechanics for not re-upping? I am assuming there must be some notification to Vidanta or Vida or whomever and a refusal to pay the 5X maintenance fee.

Just wondering.

I would think that if you purchased in 2001, usage would include the 2026 year. You could verify this through Member Services.

My contract does not specify mechanics for declining the extension. I would imagine you'd get a bill or reminder--but I'd probably call Member Services and tell them I did not plan to renew.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just wondering.

i believe and also i read on the contract that we owners must contact and pay to resort if we want to pay for another 25 years, and if we dont they can cancel the membership whitout notice.

Sets4life

Reaction score
Info Mayan Palace

mine will be due on 2021 when it was the time i will think but it its was this year i yes renew i have rent them all the time and have no problem at all when will be yours?
i have 7 mayan 2br 1+1 , and 1 grand mayan and continues to look for another grand mayan now :)

HI
Have you had any issues with your agreement what type of agreement did you have.. recently we just went to a presentation, and we have an offer for the Blisse master suite, but there is no where within the agreement that it is stated the bliss.. the agreement only states vacation privilege tier 3....

i went trew the agreement and there is a lot of misleading information.. we are supposed to get a 100 year agreement but not stated on the agreement.. they told us that we will renew every 10 years for 299 but not stated on the agreement but on the enrollement application it does state 1 year(299) which i ask if we need to pay 299 per year in return they said no this is because your first year is paid and then you will renew in 10 years.. but not stated..

we got 3000 US vida money...

they gave us 10 privilege weeks with a certain amount of weeks for last minute need to book within 90 days which they provided us with a bracket of price base on occupency.. for the 10 privilege week it state that it start from 299 but they say its only if we book above 90 days which i dont believe since its not written down

it also said that there is no maintenance fee, no yearly fee, no restriction and no exchange fee...

so we are just trying to find out how many type of agreement they have and which one is working good..

the resort itself is amazing defenitely want to go back but we dont want to get scam like we have seen on here....

if you could provide us any information it would be appreciate.. we just provided a deposit we didnt buy anything yet but before doing so i want to check what we need to make sure that everything will be fine

sincerely

saywhat

Reaction score
You bought what's refered to as an "exit program" it's essentially a trial membership. Is not a good value. Weeks are tough to get. Cancel if you can and you will find it fairly easy to rent from owners who have excess weeks, you can typically pick those up for the m/f less.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought ours resale back around 2005, and really didn't know when the 25-year period ended - turns out, it was last year. We only found out because we started to be bombarded with calls and emails from them asking for the 5x MF. We had a good contract and thought about trying to sell, but decided to simply give them back (we own way too many timeshares, unfortunately). It was so simple - I replied to one email and said no, we do not wish to renew, and by the way we don't really want our week in 2014 so you can have that too, but we won't pay any MF for this year. She replied with a form we had to sign and send in, and we got something back in snail mail that said our contract had expired and we were no longer owners. It was as simple as could be.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We bought ours resale back around 2005, and really didn't know when the 25-year period ended - turns out, it was last year. We only found out because we started to be bombarded with calls and emails from them asking for the 5x MF. We had a good contract and thought about trying to sell, but decided to simply give them back (we own way too many timeshares, unfortunately). It was so simple - I replied to one email and said no, we do not wish to renew, and by the way we don't really want our week in 2014 so you can have that too, but we won't pay any MF for this year. She replied with a form we had to sign and send in, and we got something back in snail mail that said our contract had expired and we were no longer owners. It was as simple as could be.

Thanks for the information. :) Many of us have wanted to know if it would be that simple. I am glad to know that they did not hassle you.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they were happy to get the contract back - it was so funny, a few years back we went on a sales tour with friends (we wanted the $200 and they wanted the free golf incentive), and when they looked up our record they honed in on DH and I like leeches, offering us deal after deal to turn in what we had for an upgrade. It boiled down to something like, "$6,000 for YOU (pointing to us), but $85,000 for YOU" (pointing to our friends). We had two one-br units with vacation faire weeks, and the lower transfer fee. We owned it free and clear, and had paid almost nothing for the contract on Ebay. I hope it is as simple for everyone!