• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

La Tranquillity Resort Vallarta-Puento del Mida area (2014)

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
Soooo.... My 81 year old Dad just sent me a message that while in Vallarta at the Grand Luxxe (where he is an owner) he bought at the La Tranquillity Breathtaking Resort and Spa (located next door to the Four Seasons) and they are "buying" his Grand Luxxe. He actually is leaving the Luxxe today and spending the remainder of his 2 weeks at La Tranquillity. He is aware that he will be paying a huge transfer fee to Mayan to do this transaction but is OK with it to just be out from under Mayan. He is of very sound mind and the "deal" sounds like it is already done, BUT......His skeptical daughter is still very uneasy. Anybody ever heard of this resort, their history with buying ownership from Mayan ect??

Thanks, Pam

taffy19

Reaction score
Google it on TUG as, I believe, that it has been mentioned and try to stop him. He has time to rescind.

PS.

The resort I was thinking of is Vallarta Gardens so not the same.

Trip Advisor has a post here but it isn't current and TUG did too dating back to January 2012.

It is better not to take any tours in Puerto Vallarta because most of them use very high sales pressure and take hours of your vacation. There are new resorts that we haven't even heard of or seen because we stay away from sales presentations and they don't ask us anymore except for a very few. Your Dad must look young.
smile.gif
Good luck and let us know what he decides to do!

Last edited:

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Soooo.... My 81 year old Dad just sent me a message that while in Vallarta at the Grand Luxxe (where he is an owner) he bought at the La Tranquillity Breathtaking Resort and Spa (located next door to the Four Seasons) and they are "buying" his Grand Luxxe. He actually is leaving the Luxxe today and spending the remainder of his 2 weeks at La Tranquillity. He is aware that he will be paying a huge transfer fee to Mayan to do this transaction but is OK with it to just be out from under Mayan. He is of very sound mind and the "deal" sounds like it is already done, BUT......His skeptical daughter is still very uneasy. Anybody ever heard of this resort, their history with buying ownership from Mayan ect??

Thanks, Pam

We met people at the GL last year who had bought there and they were raving about it!

CURIOUS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
La Tranquila Resort-Punta de Mita

We are owners at this resort after purchasing in 2011.

We offered our Mayan Palace membership but they didn't want to take it. We did receive the equity in Mayan applied to our La Tranquila membership.

A lot of Mexico TS will accept the transfer & apply the equity toward the new TS. But they will give you back the TS that you want to get rid of and you are then stuck with an additional TS.

We purchased the every other even year and have only stayed there once because we have other timeshares in PV/NV. We only pay the MF when we use our year. We do have to use a week within 3 years or we start paying mandatory MF.

Yes, it is a beautiful resort but have your dad make sure he is in fact out from under Mayan.

Best wishes.

saywhat

Reaction score
La Tranquila, I believe that's the resort Jesus Gallegoes owned, who was the Sec't of tourism for Jalisco and was gunned down, drug related. But hey there's a lot of drug money invested all over.
As for the equity exchange. It's total BS, it could have been bought for the same price without the GL equity. They elevate the starting price from the start so they can "show" you a value for your trade in, old used car game. If he insists on keeping it, tell him to go back and tell them he wants the GL back or he'll cancel. If he doesn't want them both then he keeps La Tranquila and he grossly over pays because I'm guessing he got at least 80k in the GL and he just received air for it.

Maz

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's actually located in Litibu which is next to Punta Mita. Litibu is not on the Punta Mita peninsula and is not next door to the Four Seasons. It is between Punta Mita and Sayulita.

It is a beautiful property the Punta Mita/Litibu region is the most beautiful area in the Puerto Vallrta area.

Can't comment on the deal but 99% of the time, it's a bad deal if it involves a developer. How much is he paying La Tranquilla?

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
So here I am again. I knew this whole transaction was bothering me for good reason. My Dad was sent a contract from NG Enterprises based in Salt Lake City who is supposedly the assigned Real Estate Agent who will handle the sale (HaHa) of his Grand Luxxe. The contract states that for 8% they will sell his 134,000 Grand Luxxe. They also want $12,000 in Escrow for Maintenance fees ect. I have read TuG for years. I positively know none of this is kosher or legit. Does anyone know anything about NGEnterprises? I am afraid at this point he is stuck with two timeshares. Luxxe he paid 180,000 for ( upgraded over 10 yrs). Tranquilla where I have no idea what he paid, just know he charged 30,000 on a CC. His children( us) have stepped in now and taken this contract over. Not sure what or who we are dealing with at this point. No more $ will be given to anyone. I just want to ask if anyone has dealt with this company AND is 8% really a standard commission in Mexico?

CURIOUS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Planada,

It's all a scam! I am so sick of these TS people scamming people by telling them false information just to get them to purchase.

We experienced a similar situation last May 2014 while vacationing in PV. The salespeople will assure you that they will sell your trade-in but it never happens.

The Real Estate people are in cohoots with the Escrow people and all they do is keep asking for more money.

DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE when it comes to dealing with Mexico salespeople.

acuflwr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what has transpired with La Tranquila? I understand they went bankrupt . I haven't received any notification about our membership.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I also understood that they were bankrupt. I learned this from a VERY reliable source that lives in the area.

Also - at your Dad's age he should the the Sr. Cert and get to go to GL for free.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an active thread in the Trip Advisor Punta de Mita forums about this. Herb says:

"We met with an attorney this week in PV. His research determined that La Tranquila was a money-laundering property for a cartel. The way he explained it to us is that our contract is with a company called La Reserva. La Reserva had a contract with La Tranquila to let us use their rooms. So, even though La Tranquila was sold to Hilton, that sale has nothing to do with La Reserva.

We were also contacted by Juan Carlos, the old GM from La Tranquila, he basically claimed that nothing has changed with our contract, except, of course, that La Tranquila doesn’t exist anymore (my words, not his). They will offer us rooms at Deck 12. And presumably this will somehow absolve themselves from liability.

It sounds like we might be able to get together as a group and try and approach the Hilton to see if they might be willing to help us, maybe just to avoid bad press. It’s a long shot, but if others are willing to join in, we can get it started."

CURIOUS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were recently in Puerto Vallarta and met with Juan Carlos regarding our membership with La Tranquila. Juan told us that La Tranquila no longer existed.Our contract is & has been with La Reserva who had a contract with La Tranquila. La Reserva is now La Reserva Vacation Club. Our membership is now with La Reserva Vacation Club who has offered us access for our Honeymoon Suite week in the LARGE 2 bedroom Penthouse located at Deck 12. We met Juan there for a walk through. The Penthouse is the only unit in the building that is available to us. We also have access to the La Reserva website to book extra vacations. We were also told by Juan that if we didn’t want to stay at Deck 12, we could pay the MF & bank with Interval International and vacation elsewhere. Some of the owners should have received an email from La Reserva Vacation Club by now. We’re not really happy with the outcome but were told after we had written to the Board of Directors that this was our options.

So, after much research back and forth, the owners that thought they had membership in La Tranquila,actually their membership was with La Reserva.